By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up 15th December 2012

3DS seems to be the only platform to be up YOY (Total Sales).
And PS360 soft- and Hardware sales are amazing!

Btw: I still think WiiU´s price is too high...

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
kitler53 said:
UncleScrooge said:
kitler53 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
With these numbers the Wii U has sold 1.8 million worldwide so far.

The 3DS is going to make an YoY over last year, as some people didn't expect it to.

Nice sales for Paper Mario

so anyone still think nintendo will hit their 5.5M march forcast?

also, fuck at 3DS sales.  outperformed my forcast by like 35k.   ...it looks like i'm going to lose my bet with POE.

If the Wii U sells like 500k + 500k + 200k it will be at 3m at the end of the year. If we assume 500k sales per month for the remainder of the fiscal year (roughly 100k units per week) that would add another 1.5m which would put it at 4.5 million units sold to customers - if Nintendo tries to stuff the channel a bit 5.5m shipped at the end of march wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. The next two weeks will be telling.

your off on your number of week left in the year.  wiiU could do 500k next week (week ending in dec 22nd) then 200k (week ending in dec 29th, post western holidays but japan remains high). then we're post holidays and sales will be low for everyone.   so like 2.5M end of year sell though?  add 1M on shelves (stores will only let you stuff so much).   so wiiU will need about 1.5-2M sell though in jan/feb/march?  something like that?

The Wii U is going to have a pretty nice bump early next year.  New Years Resolution + promise of fun and easy weight loss= sales.  Even if people have their balance board at home collecting dust they'll still buy it.  It's the way the industry works.  Won't be as big as the original but it will be pretty big.

wii fit U doesn't even have a release date yet.  Q1 could mean anything and if it means march it will do little to help sales this quarter as the title has been evergreen moreso than having a bit day 1.  seeing as there is no firm date yet it is not likely to release in january.

KillerMan said:
Mnementh said:
Chandler said:

It's not "OK" to pass the Wii, that's an understatement. And yes, in europe Wii U doesn't look good right now, but it's also not too far away from the pack.

Thanks. You are right, the launch-numbers in the US are very good, not only OK. But Wii did good outside launch and holidays, something we will have to wait for for WiiU.

The sales-performance  of the WiiU is unexpected for me. I expected it to do worse than the Wii but better than PS3 and 360, but I expected it more or less same decrease over all regions. So far we are only some weeks after launch, but it show (unexpectedly for me) that it can perform on the same level as the Wii in the US, but performs much worse in Europe. Note that Wii nearly kept it's direction in the following weeks, while the WiiU trails downwards. At the moment I have no explanation for the different reception in the regions.

And I agree with conegamer: you should do that in a thread and compare later with PS4 and Durango too.

Only reason why WiiU is able to keep up with Wii sales in US  is because Wii had massive shortages when it launched. It literally could have sold double the amount it sold if there would have been unlimited amount of supply. And well...European launch of WiiU has been horrible considering the success of Wii. Vita level of bombing in EU.

This.

If we went by the comments in this thread, it would appear that the most important thing is the race to the bottom between WiiU and PSV. PS3 and 3DS are having some fantastic numbers, Sony and Nintendo fans should just rejoice :)

Oh, and those are some beastly 3DS numbers, 1 mill next week?

something interesting though is that the PS3 decrease in the USA is much lower than the 360's compared to last year in the same week

360 numbers

580k in 2011 week ending 17th dec
467k in 2012 week ending 15th dec
drop of about 113 K

ps3 numbers

267K in 2011
236K in 2012
drop of about 31K

of course 360 still easily wins USA but the ps3 is holding its own pretty good there

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
something interesting though is that the PS3 decrease in the USA is much lower than the 360's compared to last year in the same week

360 numbers

drop of about 113 K

ps3 numbers

267K in 2011
236K in 2012
drop of about 31K

of course 360 still easily wins USA but the ps3 is holding its own pretty good there

Yep 360 down 33% in USA on the year. PS3 similar, think it's down 27% in USA.  That's why the gap is closing, 360 losing share in its largest market.

benao87 said:
If we went by the comments in this thread, it would appear that the most important thing is the race to the bottom between WiiU and PSV. PS3 and 3DS are having some fantastic numbers, Sony and Nintendo fans should just rejoice :)

Oh, and those are some beastly 3DS numbers, 1 mill next week?

It's christmas-time. Previous years we already could see the million in this week for some device. But as we have a transition to next-gen it is probably to expect. Only thing that could have done it was 3DS, but it does not good enough outside Japan for this feat yet. With the games localized to europe and US next year, it should do better next year.

Other than that, I don't speak about a race to bottom for WiiU, it does goos in most parts of the world. But it does considerably bad in Europe, and as a european I have no idea why.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

dsgrue3 said:
bananaking21 said:

360 numbers

drop of about 113 K

ps3 numbers

267K in 2011
236K in 2012
drop of about 31K

Yep 360 down 33% in USA globally on the year. PS3 similar, think it's down 27% in USA globally.  That's why the gap is closing, 360 losing share in its largest market.

usa globally?? you mean usa year over year?

bananaking21 said:
dsgrue3 said:
bananaking21 said:

360 numbers

drop of about 113 K

ps3 numbers

267K in 2011
236K in 2012
drop of about 31K

Yep 360 down 33% in USA globally on the year. PS3 similar, think it's down 27% in USA globally.  That's why the gap is closing, 360 losing share in its largest market.

Ah, you beat me to my edit damn you! lol yeah that makes no sense.

dsgrue3 said:
bananaking21 said:
dsgrue3 said:
bananaking21 said:

360 numbers

drop of about 113 K

ps3 numbers

267K in 2011
236K in 2012
drop of about 31K

Ah, you beat me to my edit damn you! lol yeah that makes no sense.

loool !! but yeah after your edit  thats the reason why ps3 is close this year WW. the kinect effect is slowing down a lot in the usa