By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you impressed or not impressed with Wii U sales?

Impressed or not?

Impressed 187 41.01%

Not Impressed 269 58.99%

Total:456

What are your thoughts on the Wii U sales?

Around the Network

The bar has been set rather low by the 360 and PS3 launches, so maybe I'm not too impressed.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Impressed. It is pretty much sold out. There is some stock of the basic version available but deluxe is hard to find.

I'm not impressed, but not shocked either. It seems to be a medium to good launch. But who really expected it to sell better than Wii or PS2. So it has set a good start. Now we have to wait, how sales develop over the year and how the competition launches.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Given the fact that it is readily available everywhere during the holiday season with supply constraints of launch, the sales have to be considered catastrophically bad. I would project less than 20 million US sales LT.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Impressed. It is pretty much sold out. There is some stock of the basic version available but deluxe is hard to find.

Most new consoles sell out in the beginning like that, even the PS3 did with it's rediculous price tag.

Meh, it performed adequately I guess. Not a revolution like the Wii though.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I'm far from impressed, but there have been worse launches. The Wii U can still go on to sell 20 or 200 million.

Love and tolerate.

Selling less than Wii, definitely not impressed. If I was a ntdoy stock owner, I would be selling as fast as possible.

Impressive considering it's going against 2 established consoles that have large game libraries and are priced cheaper and it still managed to sell out for the most part. Attach rate is very high for NSMBU which is very impressive as well.