By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you impressed or not impressed with Wii U sales?

Impressed or not?

Impressed 187 41.01%

Not Impressed 269 58.99%

Total:456
TruckOSaurus said:
gergroy said:
Gilgamesh said:

I'm just saying sold out means nothing for a new console.

exactly, which basically means that right now demand hasn't even started affecting sales since they are still supply constrained.  So how can somebody be impressed or not impressed by a measure that has nothing to do with desire to own?  

Basically, you are asking if people are impressed with Nintendo's ability to manufacture consoles...

That's actually what I'm "not impressed" about. I would have thought that Nintendo would have shipped way more consoles out for their launch, especially since the console was released right before Black Friday.

The key word there is Black Friday.  How much availble space do you think retailers have during that week?  Thanksgiving is actually a terrible time to release new hardware because retailers are already overloaded with more product then they know what to do with.

Around the Network

Neither. I'll wait until March/April to judge.

runqvist 2 hours ago
Selling less than Wii, definitely not impressed. If I was a ntdoy stock owner, I would be selling as fast as possible.

THen you would make a very poor investor. Today it is at a near all-time low. You would lose money. Wise investors sell when it's high.

I would not say I'm impressed, but i'm certainly not unimpressed. It's pretty much what I expected. There is nothing really to analyse until after the first 5 million units are shipped. Then we can evaluate where the system is going.

Viper1 said:
^Your sig was answer enough to the question.

Nintendo fans say they are impressed, those of us who aren't blinded see that these numbers aren't impressive at all.
They are OK at best. 

Around the Network

Anyone saying WiiU is doing bad, clearly hasn't visited my thread.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151051

WiiU is behind Wii, but that isn't saying much as it destroyed everything else... ever.
WiiU is well ahead of PS360.

This is only two weeks of data btw, but based on Japan figures it should only be even better after week 3. Anyone claiming doom and gloom now is waaaaay premature. Jan to Mar will be the indicator and the linked thread will capture that.

VGKing 2 minutes ago
Viper1 said:

Nintendo fans say they are impressed, those of us who aren't blinded see that these numbers aren't impressive at all.
They are OK at best.

Nintendo fans say they are impressive. Sony fans say they aren't impressive at all.

Someone isn't blinded by the nature of being a fan says that it is neither. It's silly to judge anything about launch week numbers. Nintendo made machines and their fans bought them. Anything else would be a sign of the gaming appocolypse on 12-12-12.  Non-fans who aren't blind will wait to make a jusdgement until they have more than one week or one month's worth of data.

VGKing said:
Viper1 said:

They are OK at best. 

That's not true at all (aside from Europe). The Wii U have sold better than the HD twins back when they release, the only one that have sold better at launch was the Wii, but that was someting that will probably never be match again. I can't see how this can be just OK...

Nintendo and PC gamer

VGKing said:
Viper1 said:

They are OK at best. 

"those of us who aren't blinded"

The irony of your posts never ceases to amaze me...

I'm impressed because I feared the console would bomb.