By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you impressed or not impressed with Wii U sales?

Impressed or not?

Impressed 187 41.01%

Not Impressed 269 58.99%

Total:456
kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
Not impressed.

Also, how can you be "not impressed", yet still not "not impressed"? What is the middle ground? I'd you're impressed, then you feel a certain way. I'd you don't feel that way, then you're not impressed

and vice versa?  Silly logic, just becuase you are not impressed doesnt mean you are unimpressed.  If you arent happy are you sad?  you could be just content.

In this case you can be undecided or indifferent.

I never said unimpressed. But if you are not impressed, then yes, you are "not impressed" (which isn't necessarily unimpressed).

if I'm not happy, then I'm "not happy". I may not necessarily be sad though.

Not impressed =/= unimpressed.

Around the Network

Lacking one position doesn't mean you must hold the opposite.

I'm preety impressed to be honest, It launched with a slightly high price tag and still managed to sell well. By now PS3 and Xbox are cheaper So it's a challenge for the Wii U. The real Fight will begin once the PS4 and Nexbox launch, Let's see how they do on launch.

nono the real fight will begin in 2 years from now when all is set

wii u will be 2y on market and ps4/720 1y.. new ips ,majore old ips ,price etc...

then we will know whats going on and what is the most wanted product.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Kuramakun said:
I'm preety impressed to be honest, It launched with a slightly high price tag and still managed to sell well. By now PS3 and Xbox are cheaper So it's a challenge for the Wii U. The real Fight will begin once the PS4 and Nexbox launch, Let's see how they do on launch.

I don't think Nintendo is allowed to use this excuse, it's already been patented by Sony and MS fans.

OT: Neither (There really did need to be a third option on the poll).  Considering the system is somewhere between ubiquitous and totally sold out depending on who you ask, it is pretty hard to read too much into these numbers.  If it was totally sold out that might mean something but it's not which might just mean Nintendo just about got their numbers right,  a good thing considering how much flack the copped for 'manufacturing' Wii shortages to promote demand.  It will be interesting to see how the system does in subsequent weeks, particularly in Europe but this still wont allow any definite predicitions regarding the long term success of the console.

The most we can say is that the launch certainly wasn't disastrous, it sold more than almost any other system before it, but Nintendo now has to work on making the system consistently and readily available, and even more importantly, get busy delivering the games that will drive demand long after launch numbers becomes a distant and irrelevant memory.

Around the Network

I'm impressed. I think its numbers are pretty good, so far.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

green_sky said:
Impressed. It is pretty much sold out. There is some stock of the basic version available but deluxe is hard to find.

Not here in the UK it's not. Plenty of stock everywhere.

TheLastStarFighter said:
runqvist 2 hours ago
Selling less than Wii, definitely not impressed. If I was a ntdoy stock owner, I would be selling as fast as possible.

THen you would make a very poor investor. Today it is at a near all-time low. You would lose money. Wise investors sell when it's high.

Issue is that over the last year the stocks have taken a 17% dive. Now, you can either cut your loses and sell, or hold on to them and hope stock prices recover, which imo is highly unlikely. A good investor would have sold stock back in 2010. Holding onto Ninty stocks now I would say is a very, very risky gamble. 

It selling decently enough, 1 million combined with the 3 launches isn't too bad. Japan's launch was very good, i think Japan will be the strong region for Nintendo again. Wii U is on par with the Wii there currently (more or less)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I think it did really good. Especially consideringall the media hate and claims of Wii U's not selling and being stacked to the ceiling. I've started judging console launches based on meia hate to judge how well it will do. The more hate, the more sales. Wii U will b just fine int he long run. Sony/Ms fanboys wouldnt be on 24/7 damage control if the console wasnt a serous threat to the one they play