By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you impressed or not impressed with Wii U sales?

Impressed or not?

Impressed 187 41.01%

Not Impressed 269 58.99%

Total:456
TheLastStarFighter said:
runqvist 2 hours ago
Selling less than Wii, definitely not impressed. If I was a ntdoy stock owner, I would be selling as fast as possible.

THen you would make a very poor investor. Today it is at a near all-time low. You would lose money. Wise investors sell when it's high.

Why is that? I don't see any profits on owning nintendo stock with the current price. My money should be making more money, not bleed left and right. Also it is nowhere near alltime low, the face value should have been a lot less than that. Don't you think so?

Around the Network
Mazty said:
green_sky said:
Impressed. It is pretty much sold out. There is some stock of the basic version available but deluxe is hard to find.

Not here in the UK it's not. Plenty of stock everywhere.

I live in the UK and it was out of stock online for HMV, and I asked GAME and they claimed to have sold out completely of the Deluxe bundle in a 100 mile radius, with a few Basic being sold in bundles to seem like the Deluxe to compensate. 

New stock came in on Monday and that's caused a lot of calling for people on waiting lists and now only a few systems remain. Stock may not be constricted nationwide, but it is not plentiful in anything other than the largest stores. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Mazty said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
runqvist 2 hours ago
Selling less than Wii, definitely not impressed. If I was a ntdoy stock owner, I would be selling as fast as possible.

THen you would make a very poor investor. Today it is at a near all-time low. You would lose money. Wise investors sell when it's high.

Issue is that over the last year the stocks have taken a 17% dive. Now, you can either cut your loses and sell, or hold on to them and hope stock prices recover, which imo is highly unlikely. A good investor would have sold stock back in 2010. Holding onto Ninty stocks now I would say is a very, very risky gamble. 

Oh, there is someone with sense on this thread.  Ntdoy was a good investment in what, 2005 and you should have sold in 2007 to get the best profits. After that, it has been on free fall. From 76$ to 14$, that spells trouble.

At the moment, nintendo is doing so bad that MS could easily buy a majority on nintendo with their pocket cash.

It is really too early to tell ... In North America the sales (so far) have been good, in Europe they have been disappointing but I'm sure a large part of that is supply related, and we don't know how well it sold in Japan yet.

It's well under my expectation. I've moved the goal to 10M and it only did 10% barely.

Around the Network

Neither, its more or less exactly where I expected it to be overall; slower than the Wii but not slow by any means.

Hardware great ! (well not as much in Europe)
Software meh.

Too early to tell IMO. People who buy consoles at launch time generally are the hardcore supporters. So I'd at least expect the system to sell pretty well in the beginning. The real question is going to be whether the WiiU is able to attract the non-gaming and casual fanbase like the Wii did. That will ultimately decide its long-term success.

Mazty said:

Issue is that over the last year the stocks have taken a 17% dive. Now, you can either cut your loses and sell, or hold on to them and hope stock prices recover, which imo is highly unlikely. A good investor would have sold stock back in 2010. Holding onto Ninty stocks now I would say is a very, very risky gamble. 

That's highly dependant on when you bought.  Or rather, at what prie you bought it at.  Certainly you don't expect it to keep dropping.

Actually, yeah, I'm pretty sure you do.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Conegamer said:
Mazty said:
green_sky said:
Impressed. It is pretty much sold out. There is some stock of the basic version available but deluxe is hard to find.

Not here in the UK it's not. Plenty of stock everywhere.

I live in the UK and it was out of stock online for HMV, and I asked GAME and they claimed to have sold out completely of the Deluxe bundle in a 100 mile radius, with a few Basic being sold in bundles to seem like the Deluxe to compensate. 

New stock came in on Monday and that's caused a lot of calling for people on waiting lists and now only a few systems remain. Stock may not be constricted nationwide, but it is not plentiful in anything other than the largest stores. 

Odd. Games only out of 3 types:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/wii-u/?cm_sp=topnav-_-WiiU-_-NewWiiUConsoles