By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Wonderbook the PS3's killer app?

A shame ioi is not tracking Harry Potter for Kinect, though I think it has done worse.

Around the Network

In the US, Sony doesn't seem to think so.

4 ≈ One

wonderbook will rule the world confirmed,1.2m people going out in the middle of jan will be mighty impressive

Above & Beyond

Barozi said:
Hapimeses said:
I reckon this will be one of those slow, consistent sellers that will eventually creep passed a million sales if it's lucky. Very lucky. I never expected this do do much more than 750,000 LTD given it's not a perfect implementation of the tech, and I won't be surprised if it sells less. It's all a bit gimmicky and rubbish.

Still, I reckon my kids will love it.

It will likely die quickly in January. The Move userbase is far too small to support multiple million sellers.

Sports Champions was the only million seller until now. Eyepet has become #2 this week.

I don't disagree. As I said, the title will have to be very lucky (i.e.: heavily advertised though Christmas and into the New Year, which probably won't happen) to reach the million units sold. Still, I think it's possible in the long-term for three reasons:

1) It's Harry Potter, a very popular franchise, and some will buy into it 'just because'.

2) The Wonderbook is a nic e toy that will amuse children and amaze uninitiated adults. It impresses.

3) It's not that expensive for a PS3 owner to pick up. Indeed, it's much cheaper than many of the crazy gifts being offered this year, even when you add a Move controller and camera.

So, I can't see many Harry Potter fans picking up a PS3 just for the book (though some will buy into the bundle, I presume), but I can see this selling to the existing PS3 customer base -- particularly to those with kids -- as it's cheap and cheerful.

As I said, my kids will love it, so I've picked it up for them, and know I'm not going to be the only parent thinking like that.

Normal NOO!!!

Around the Network

9th best selling PS3 game in November in Spain...
http://www.adese.es/videojuegos-mas-vendidos

WHEN HAS YOUR FAV EVER?!

Sales are picking up for this. It'll slowly work its way up to 1million im guessing.

The PS4 is actually just going to be Wonderbook.

Sony has been advertising the hell out of wonderbook here in australia

I see atleast 5-6 adverts a day for wonderbook, and i only watch tv during the night, and this is on the major networks here...

in before ban ya fuckers