By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Wonderbook the PS3's killer app?

I was in my local gaming store earlier and Wonderbook was SOLD OUT. There were a few angry Harry Potter fans there too who looked pissed off! Anyway, this got me thinking...

JK Rowlings Harry Potter movies have grossed $7.7bn worldwide. Lets say 10% of these people buy Wonderbook...

$7.7bn / 10 = $770m

$770m / $60 = ~12.8m

Wonderbook will sell 12.8m copies.

Around the Network

In order for it to be its killer app, it would have to outsell Gran Turismo. So it would need to sell 10-11m+

With that said, yes. Wonderbook will be the PS3's first 20-million seller.

Don´t think so

I'm 100% sure Wonderbook is before it's time and in the near future we'll see an upgraded version of it that will be a huge success. There's a lot of potential with the idea.

I doubt this thing will even hit a mill.

Around the Network

my local gamestore has two huge piles of consoles, one is the ps3 uc3/gt bundle and one is the wonderbook bundle.
the wonderbook pile is at least 20 consoles big. Also i saw them getting the stock of normal wonderbooks without the ps3 and these were at least 20 more so i'd say they expect it to sell extremely well.

Yeah Wonderbook is the PS3 killer app. It's gonna kill it

The problem is that the images only appear on TV. If the current setup does ok, Sony will have even more reasons to make the omni viewer.

lol... i don't think so.

huiii said:
my local gamestore has two huge piles of consoles, one is the ps3 uc3/gt bundle and one is the wonderbook bundle.
the wonderbook pile is at least 20 consoles big. Also i saw them getting the stock of normal wonderbooks without the ps3 and these were at least 20 more so i'd say they expect it to sell extremely well.

It's sold out at Gamestop (online) and nearly sold out on amazon.com (actually sold out by amazon but there's a third-party retailer selling it).

I'd say it isn't doing too shabby.