By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Wonderbook the PS3's killer app?

PC world had a SS 500gb + wonder book bundles for £259

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

But then that 10% discovers they need to buy a PS3 and furthermore....a Playstation Move.

lol is all.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

There seems to be an increase in adverts around the UK, so knows.

game has the 12gb SS wonderbook bundle for £179 miles better than PC world,these bundles include move and camera and stuff so the game one isn't too bad

Above & Beyond

Is this out in the US yet?

I only ask because Gamestop has the non-bundled version (Just the game and book) sold out online. Walmart.com is sold out online for all SKUs and Target has it currently unavailable online as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I LOL'd.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Euphoria14 said:
Is this out in the US yet?

I only ask because Gamestop has the non-bundled version (Just the game and book) sold out online. Walmart.com is sold out online for all SKUs and Target has it currently unavailable online as well.

it says it is out everywhere in november but who knows,they should advertise the hell out of harry potter type spell stuff in the US if you ask me at xmas anyway

Above & Beyond

sales2099 said:
But then that 10% discovers they need to buy a PS3 and furthermore....a Playstation Move.

lol is all.

Wouldn't they notice that considering it says "PS3" & "Requires PS Move"right on the front of it? Not to mention has a Move bundle?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:

lol is all.

Wouldn't they notice that considering it says "PS3" & "Requires PS Move"right on the front of it? Not to mention has a Move bundle?

They would....and thats the point lol. The PS3 aspect wouldnt deter them...but then again I dont see someone buying a PS3 for Wonderbook.

But the prospect of buying a failed motion control device is an even bigger obstacle to overcome.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:

lol is all.

They would....and thats the point lol. The PS3 aspect wouldnt deter them...but then again I dont see someone buying a PS3 for Wonderbook.

But the prospect of buying a failed motion control device is an even bigger obstacle to overcome.

What about all those who already have PS3 in the household? Not every game requires a new customer to purchase the hardware required for it.

You also overestimate the amount of people who actually care about what a certain peripheral and/or console is selling before making a purchase. We are the minority. If someone has a PS3 in the household and their child wants Wonderbook they will just spend the extra $40 to get a Move controller as well as the PSEye. Nobody says "Hmm, should I get this for my kid? Eh, the Move sold 15M units and if you think and do some math it might only have a 6-8M attach rate." Nobody does this. Nobody cares about how many other people might have purchased what they are purchasing, especially with video games. Even more so with video games aimed at a younger audience.

It would be a one off purchase that will quickly pay itself off if the customer continues to get Wonderbooks for their child.

You are looking at this as a grown adult gamer who frequents gaming forums and follows sales. You aren't the target audience. There is nothing funny about the situation at all.

Currently playing: