By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Wonderbook the PS3's killer app?

sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:
But then that 10% discovers they need to buy a PS3 and furthermore....a Playstation Move.

lol is all.

Wouldn't they notice that considering it says "PS3" & "Requires PS Move"right on the front of it? Not to mention has a Move bundle?

They would....and thats the point lol. The PS3 aspect wouldnt deter them...but then again I dont see someone buying a PS3 for Wonderbook.

But the prospect of buying a failed motion control device is an even bigger obstacle to overcome.

Care to elaborate?

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:
But then that 10% discovers they need to buy a PS3 and furthermore....a Playstation Move.

lol is all.

Wouldn't they notice that considering it says "PS3" & "Requires PS Move"right on the front of it? Not to mention has a Move bundle?

They would....and thats the point lol. The PS3 aspect wouldnt deter them...but then again I dont see someone buying a PS3 for Wonderbook.

But the prospect of buying a failed motion control device is an even bigger obstacle to overcome.

Care to elaborate?

Don't bother. It's absolutely irrelevant considering the audience buying Wonderbook, not to mention just about any game and/or console does not worry about what something might have sold. Nobody goes online before purchasing something like this and googles "PS Move total shipment and attach rate".

People simply don't care about these things, nor should they.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:

lol is all.

What about all those who already have PS3 in the household? Not every game requires a new customer to purchase the hardware required for it.

You also overestimate the amount of people who actually care about what a certain peripheral and/or console is selling before making a purchase. We are the minority. If someone has a PS3 in the household and their child wants Wonderbook they will just spend the extra $40 to get a Move controller as well as the PSEye. Nobody says "Hmm, should I get this for my kid? Eh, the Move sold 15M units and if you think and do some math it might only have a 6-8M attach rate." Nobody does this. Nobody cares about how many other people might have purchased what they are purchasing, especially with video games. Even more so with video games aimed at a younger audience.

It would be a one off purchase that will quickly pay itself off if the customer continues to get Wonderbooks for their child.

You are looking at this as a grown adult gamer who frequents gaming forums and follows sales. You aren't the target audience. There is nothing funny about the situation at all.

Thye sales will determine who is right. And I am fairly certain the sales will be underwhelming.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:

lol is all.

What about all those who already have PS3 in the household? Not every game requires a new customer to purchase the hardware required for it.

You also overestimate the amount of people who actually care about what a certain peripheral and/or console is selling before making a purchase. We are the minority. If someone has a PS3 in the household and their child wants Wonderbook they will just spend the extra $40 to get a Move controller as well as the PSEye. Nobody says "Hmm, should I get this for my kid? Eh, the Move sold 15M units and if you think and do some math it might only have a 6-8M attach rate." Nobody does this. Nobody cares about how many other people might have purchased what they are purchasing, especially with video games. Even more so with video games aimed at a younger audience.

It would be a one off purchase that will quickly pay itself off if the customer continues to get Wonderbooks for their child.

You are looking at this as a grown adult gamer who frequents gaming forums and follows sales. You aren't the target audience. There is nothing funny about the situation at all.

Thye sales will determine who is right. And I am fairly certain the sales will be underwhelming.

Great rebuttal. You really proved your point. 

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:

lol is all.

The charts will speak louder then I ever could :)

I wonder what youll say when the first week numbers come out.

"Sony didn't advertise enough"

"The meta is kinda low, it could have put off potential buyers"

"Wasn't enough incentive to buy a Move to play it"

Take your pick. Ill await your selection.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Euphoria14 said:

Glad you have a crystal ball and know what my responses will be. Putting words in my mouth before I even get to open it to speak any words. 

I could care less what it ends up selling. I just know that it is unavailable on multiple websites. That is all I posted. My other posts were only to highlight how your argument of "Going to be hard to sell it when the Move isn't selling well" is irrelevant and you have yet to refute it and now go into this, which is even worse.

You should also know full well that first week means little. This is something that needs time well beyond the first week to make any real worthwhile judgement. I am sure you know this too.

Anyways, i'll play your little game here:

I wonder what you'll say if the charts show it sells well.

My guess? I say you don't say anything and avoid the subject.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:

Euphoria14 said:

Glad you have a crystal ball and know what my responses will be. Putting words in my mouth before I even get to open it to speak any words. 

I could care less what it ends up selling. I just know that it is unavailable on multiple websites. That is all I posted. My other posts were only to highlight how your argument of "Going to be hard to sell it when the Move isn't selling well" is irrelevant and you have yet to refute it and now go into this, which is even worse.

You should also know full well that first week means little. This is something that needs time well beyond the first week to make any real worthwhile judgement. I am sure you know this too.

lol so your gonna pick the "it wasnt available on a lot of websites so its no wonder how it performed". Thats a new one.

Hey, I make estimates based on Move sales trends. They are all low. Ergo, this game will be low. This is not the game to make Move somehow relevant...it too long ago missed that chance.

When is the next wonderbook game avaliable

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:

Euphoria14 said:

lol so your gonna pick the "it wasnt available on a lot of websites so its no wonder how it performed". Thats a new one.

Hey, I make estimates based on Move sales trends. They are all low. Ergo, this game will be low. This is not the game to make Move somehow relevant...it too long ago missed that chance.

Are you kidding me? Please stop putting words in my mouth. Did you completely ignore the part of my post just before that said "I could care less what it ends up selling"? That alone tells you I won't have a response regardless of the sales whether they be good or bad.

Did you even read through this thread? I am going to guess not because people mentioned Amazon and other sites not having them in stock and I only mentioned that the same was happening on a couple of other sites and also asked if it was even released yet, which shows how much I have been paying attention to it anyways. The subject sparked interest so I checked. I mentioned nothing about how I expected it to sell or not sell, so I don't know why you're continue this attempt at future reading.

I also explained why Move trends have no relevance to if this game will or will not sell. It isn't trying to sell because it is a Move title. They are trying to sell it because it is a Harry Potter branded title. I thought this was blatantly obvious. You have yet to bring a counterpoint and now only go with this silly "Is this going to be your response?" game. I'll repeat this again:

"I could care less what it ends up selling."

Unless your going to attempt to have a real conversation with me do me a favor and don't bother even responding to me. Future me isn't here right now, just present me. Try conversing with him.

Currently playing:

Joystiq review is very positive and kind of interesting to read.

"When I learned I'd be reviewing Book of Spells, I assumed it'd be from the perspective of an adult purchasing something for a child. Even with 4 million members on Pottermore and my own maniacal dedication to the Harry Potter series, I figured the game's appeal would be aimed at kids discovering things with fresh eyes, and I was mostly correct on this count. What I didn't consider was the entertainment value for both groups of people: Adult Harry Potter fans and (their) children. Turns out, Book of Spells is a children's game that retains the magical appeal that makes Harry Potter's world so intriguing, even for older players. The games are easy, true, but if you, as a grown-up, can read a young adult novel on a packed bus without shame, you can probably enjoy Book of Spells in the comfort of your own home.

Now if only there were a Wonderbook: Book of Potions in development, Gryffindor would have no chance at the next House Cup." http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/03/wonderbook-book-of-spells-review/