By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Wonderbook the PS3's killer app?

i'm sure it will out perform my expectations if it does more then 80k

Around the Network

Errrrr when I first read the title I was thinking "hell no" but It could have legs I guess?

nah,it'll be on plus in a couple of months,the books delivered to you by sonymagic

Above & Beyond

I never understood why this game got so much hate after E3. To me it seems like a solid idea that will appeal to parents. And it doesn't really matter that it may be too complicated for them, since it's their kids who are going to play it, right? And since Sony managed to put a really hot brand on it (Harry Potter may not be red hot now, but it still is massive), it should really do well. I've seen Wonderbooks a week ago in 3 stores next to my house and there were just piles of them. When I went there 2 days ago, there was only about 25% of that left! And the hottest period for buying gifts is still ahead of us. I'm sure it will do good in Europe, where PS3 is the dominating console, so many young dads already own it and may look at it as a good way of getting Move without getting their wives angry (since they bought it for the kid...).
Obviously this is the kind of game that will sell during "gift periods", so we can expect a massive Disney onslaught next X-mas. It will nosedive in January, but will come back each X-mas.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

This is SONY we're talking about. They'll make sure it doesn't sell.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Come on Sony get the Hunger Games and Game of thrones and teens will flap XD

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

In the UK the everts are everywhere

I actually didn't even know this was a thing until just now, It's pretty cool.

It's at #22 on the UK all formats chart (same position as last week) but if you look at the breakdown by value it is going down so it's likely price cuts trying to keep the thing from being a major disaster (it's probably only a minor one at this point).  It was described as having a weak opening so this probably doesn't help it.

Definitely not a killer app. I imagine it's aimed at a similar demographic to those that use that Leapfrog book reading device.