By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Wonderbook the PS3's killer app?

Boutros said:
I'm 100% sure Wonderbook is before it's time and in the near future we'll see an upgraded version of it that will be a huge success. There's a lot of potential with the idea.

Having found the idea behind EyePet appealing and then finding it ultimately abysmally disappointing in execution, I just have no interest in something like Wonderbook.

Around the Network

I made myself a sandwich while it was shown at E3. What did I miss?

Wonderbook's weekly global sales:

Week 1: 13,855
Week 2: 22,039
Week 3: 44,221
Week 4: 84,242

If it follows these trends for the next 4 weeks...

Week 5: 160k
Week 6: 320k
Week 7: 640k
Week 8: 1.28m

Total 2012 sales: ~2.55m

EPICNESS!!!

^^Exponential sales. Impossibru!

I reckon this will be one of those slow, consistent sellers that will eventually creep passed a million sales if it's lucky. Very lucky. I never expected this do do much more than 750,000 LTD given it's not a perfect implementation of the tech, and I won't be surprised if it sells less. It's all a bit gimmicky and rubbish.

Still, I reckon my kids will love it.

Around the Network

I will cry if it is, because our gaming futures will look grim if it's a huge success.

Hapimeses said:
I reckon this will be one of those slow, consistent sellers that will eventually creep passed a million sales if it's lucky. Very lucky. I never expected this do do much more than 750,000 LTD given it's not a perfect implementation of the tech, and I won't be surprised if it sells less. It's all a bit gimmicky and rubbish.

Still, I reckon my kids will love it.

It will likely die quickly in January. The Move userbase is far too small to support multiple million sellers.

Sports Champions was the only million seller until now. Eyepet has become #2 this week.

man-bear-pig said:

Wonderbook's weekly global sales:

Week 1: 13,855
Week 2: 22,039
Week 3: 44,221
Week 4: 84,242

I know the reason for that. Week 4 includes USA W1-W4 sales (20k) instead of only W4 sales.

Im not sure about the rest of the World, but this game is defiantly getting some serious advertisement in the UK.

Nsanity said:
Im not sure about the rest of the World, but this game is defiantly getting some serious advertisement in the UK.

Well it IS the Harry Potter home base and all. I haven't seen anything in the US of A