By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - As a Nintendo gamer, which past event has made you the angriest?

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Immortal said:
I'd say it's the turn that the company has taken since 2011. All this time I had been supporting NIntendo in trying to make games for everyone and now, all of a sudden, they expect me to be okay with the fact that Nintendo's crawling back to this annoying gore-obsessed "Mature" 11-19-year-old male audience that the rest of the industry caters to. These guys never loved you, Nintendo, and they're never going to.
The only worse thing Nintendo can do is make a "Mature" game by themselves, at which point they'll be hopeless.

Nintendo is trying to get a better mix of customers with the Wii U. I wouldn't say they are crawling back to the gore-obsessed youth.

Outside one (bought) exclusive like Bayonetta, they aren't doing anything different then with the Wii.

I'd say they're making a genuine effort to try to get more of the hardcore audience than with the wii... with making sure that ports are coming over to the Wii U.. And I see this as a good thing. 

And to be honest, I don't think that this audience truly existed for consoles before the current generation and the advent of console online gaming..

Around the Network

Selling Rare

When I had to watch those awful cut scenes In Metroid : Other M and how it destroyed a character that I loved.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Nintendo not releasing the virtual boy in the U.K. and after importing one it broke within 3 months.

blackstarr said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Immortal said:
I'd say it's the turn that the company has taken since 2011. All this time I had been supporting NIntendo in trying to make games for everyone and now, all of a sudden, they expect me to be okay with the fact that Nintendo's crawling back to this annoying gore-obsessed "Mature" 11-19-year-old male audience that the rest of the industry caters to. These guys never loved you, Nintendo, and they're never going to.
The only worse thing Nintendo can do is make a "Mature" game by themselves, at which point they'll be hopeless.

Nintendo is trying to get a better mix of customers with the Wii U. I wouldn't say they are crawling back to the gore-obsessed youth.

Outside one (bought) exclusive like Bayonetta, they aren't doing anything different then with the Wii.

I'd say they're making a genuine effort to try to get more of the hardcore audience than with the wii... with making sure that ports are coming over to the Wii U.. And I see this as a good thing.

And to be honest, I don't think that this audience truly existed for consoles before the current generation and the advent of console online gaming..

You're never going to convince elitists who see their tastes as the only valid style of gaming and who depend on negative, heavily skewed generalizations for their arguments.  It's a wasted effort to even try.

Around the Network

The horrendously buggy pachinko level in Super Mario Sunshine...
I can't believe they let the game release with that level...
Not to mention all the blue coins you need to trade for shine sprites...
No amount of blue coins will hide the serious shortage of content in that game...
Also, the Trifore fetch quest in Wind Waker...
And more recently, the reluctance to release first-party games in North America...
Fatal Frame 2/4...
Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow (DS)...
Zangeki no Reginleiv...
Captain Rainbow...
There was also a simulator that they showed on a Japanese Nintendo Direct that I doubt will make it out of Japan...

Have a nice day...

How the Wii was treated by the industry.

I LOVE ICELAND!

leedlelee said:
The horrendously buggy pachinko level in Super Mario Sunshine...
I can't believe they let the game release with that level...
Not to mention all the blue coins you need to trade for shine sprites...
No amount of blue coins will hide the serious shortage of content in that game...
Also, the Trifore fetch quest in Wind Waker...
And more recently, the reluctance to release first-party games in North America...
Fatal Frame 2/4...
Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow (DS)...
Zangeki no Reginleiv...
Captain Rainbow...
There was also a simulator that they showed on a Japanese Nintendo Direct that I doubt will make it out of Japan...

How about the lilypad pad level in Sunshine? That one was annoying to get to and finish.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

pokoko said:
blackstarr said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Immortal said:

You're never going to convince elitists who see their tastes as the only valid style of gaming and who depend on negative, heavily skewed generalizations for their arguments.  It's a wasted effort to even try.

I don't think they are aiming to those elitist, but those kind of people which can be swayed. Nintendo is rather cost-savy company. I don't think they would waste money on trying to convinced the ones who can't be convinced.

Remember those charts Iwata showed at some E3 before, about the nr of people who were gamers, those who could be convinced to game and those who would never. They probably got similar charts for the hardcore/core/Non-Nintendo audience.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

When FFVII came out on the Playstation instead of Nintendo, same for most of Castlevania and Megaman, and people were putting down OoT and saying Metal Gear Solid was a better game. The thought blew my mind at the time.