By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - As a Nintendo gamer, which past event has made you the angriest?

Metroid Prime 3's soundtrack.

Metroid Prime having the best soundtrack of any game in my opinion, and music being the most important aspect of any game to me.

Around the Network

Reggie often annoys me with his attempts at becoming Tretton 2 but I'll chose Nintendo's unwillingness to localise their own games. Thankfully Nintendo of Europe aren't as evil as Nintendo of Awful, but I'm still not satisfied. Where's Zangeki no Reginleiv and Soma Bringer? I want those games damnit!

The fact that Eternal Darkness 2 doesn't exist also pisses me off quite a bit.

Super Mario Sunshine...
All those stupid blue coins...
No amount of blue coins will hide the fact that there was not enough content there, Nintendo...
Same with the prankster comets in SMG, though to a much lesser extent...
Also, their recent decisions regarding which games to release in the US...
And the Triforce fetch quest in Wind Waker...
And I agree regarding the less than stellar soundtrack in Metroid Prime 3...

Have a nice day...

PhantomLink said:

Three bad Zelda games in a row

This made me stop dead in my tracks.

What are these three bad Zelda games?? Like Inigo Montoya, "I must know."

@OP: Nintendo has been good to me for 29 years, so I don't have much to complain about. Probably the thing that pains me most is the loss of Rare, although there are reports that most of the brilliant minds behind the N64 magic had already left the company by 2002. Still, I wish Nintendo had somehow kept Banjo-Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Conker, etc. It's a travesty that we might never see proper sequels to these games.

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
PhantomLink said:

Three bad Zelda games in a row

This made me stop dead in my tracks.

What are these three bad Zelda games?? Like Inigo Montoya, "I must know."

@OP: Nintendo has been good to me for 29 years, so I don't have much to complain about. Probably the thing that pains me most is the loss of Rare, although there are reports that most of the brilliant minds behind the N64 magic had already left the company by 2002. Still, I wish Nintendo had somehow kept Banjo-Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Conker, etc. It's a travesty that we might never see proper sequels to these games.

Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword. The former two shouldn't even be called Zelda games, because the combat aspect of the game has been turned into a PC-style game.

On topic: Nintendo abandoning the Wii, their most successful home console. Remember that scene in Braveheart where Wallace learns the identity of that "masked" man? There's nothing worse than the person you think you can count on betrays you. Third parties shunning the Wii was one thing, but Nintendo turning their back on the console was on a whole nother level.

Do many here feel this way? I saw Osed guessed at these three as well. I completely disagree. I've never played a single bad Zelda game, let alone three in a row. And the DS Zelda games and Skyward Sword are all excellent. If I were to single out a less-than-stellar Zelda experience it would be Four Swords Adventures, or maybe Zelda II. But even those are good games.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are two of the very best DS games. They are well-crafted, accessible, intuitive, and use the DS hardware in creative, unusual ways. And Skyward Sword is probably the freshest, most contemporary, most important Zelda game produced in the past 13 years.

Around the Network

My first thought was losing FFVII to Sony because of the huge implications it had.

But the more I think about it, the thing that pissed me off the most in recent memory is when Nintendo produced a game console that absolutely wiped the floor with Sony's much touted PS2 in the hardware department with the obvious exception of DVD playback (hence the reason it was $100 cheaper at launch)...

...and then ensuring that it would never get the respect or support it deserved from 3rd parties by making the final design look like this...

Further solidifying Ninteno's image as the "kiddy" console maker, and causing it to miss out on some huge games that gen including the GTA series.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

nothing is worse than last year when you realized there wasn't anything coming after nintendo land's fireworks. I felt betrayed.

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
[...]

When people say "bad" in reference to Zelda, they often mean "didn't meet the high standards of the series", not bad per se. Similar to what Metroid: Other M has been for Metroid. You can find redeeming qualities, but it still falls far short of the quality and things people have come to expect from the series.

PH and ST pretty much abandon the classic gameplay of Zelda. You tap on enemies to attack them and the controls in general slow the mechanics down dramatically. It's a very shallow experience compared to the dodge and attack gameplay of the initial Zelda games. As a result, the games are best described as "boring". Solve puzzles and engage in pseudo-battles, all connected by tedious overworld traveling. They are simply not games that can be replayed over and over again which goes against the common standard of most Nintendo games.

SS isn't nearly as bad as the DS games, but it does quite a few things wrong too. Many people like or love SS, but there's hardly anyone who would stick up for the DS games. In other words, if you were to ask people whether they would want more PH and ST or New Legend of Zelda, you would be seeing a dramatically one-sided response.

OK, well that definition of "bad" makes more sense.

I wouldn't say that the DS games abandon the classic gameplay. They might tweak the classic combat, but all the other pillars are intact: puzzle-solving, exploration, a great sense of humor, oddball NPCs, sidequests, minigames, a heroic storyline, etc. Perhaps I am among the minority, but I hold the DS Zelda games in high esteem. Yes, I place them in the bottom half of Zelda games -- along with Skyward Sword -- but it's hardly an insult to place behind games like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and A Link to the Past.

Lack of Wii support during its latter years, and operation rainfall (although being from Britain i didnt have to wait as long as Americans for Xenoblade). I think it was the assumption that the games wouldnt sell in the west, they were proven wrong with great sales of Xenoblade and solid sales of The Last Story.

1. Mandatory motion controls in my favorite Nintendo games
2. Cartridge instead of CD Drive for the N64
3. Dropping backwards compatibility