By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games do you have on 3DS that are NOT from a console Series?

Well, this thread taught me something. Sony's problem isn't that they are making handheld versions of console games. It's that none of Sony's IPs mean diddlysquat in the handheld market compared to Nintendo's.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
sensebringer said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Sakura Samurai, Mutant Mudds, Dillon Rolling Western, Theathrythm Final Fantasy, Bravely Default, The Denpa Man, Heroes of Ruin, Rhythm Thief, Liberation Maiden, Fractured Soul, Mighty Switch Force, Pushmo, Freakyforms Deluxe, Code of Princess, Bomb Monkey, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Doctor Lautrec and the forgotten Knights, Nano Assault, James Noir Hollywood crimes, Dream Trigger 3d, Steel Diver.

I would also like to know why do you think the Vita is not selling better.

Bravely Default is not even out in the US or EU yet. Its suppose to be games you own, not all that you know that fit the criteria. And many are forgeting the part where I asked for discriptions of said game. Preferably platform(IE is it a digital download or retail), how it plays, and how you would rate such a game.

Do you know of something called owning a Japanese 3DS? I sense a lot of bitterness in this thread...

Xxain said:
I see where going but its deeper than just a console game on a handheld. There is Metal Gear on Consoles and Metal Gear on handhelds. Though the are series, each offers a different xxperience. Console Metal Gear is the tried and true formula everybody knows. In regards to Handheld MG they took a different approach. They alot of Monster Hunter, alittle bit of Pokemon and infused it MG to create something not found in the console versions. Peace Walker is completely different design than any console MG. Final Fantasy also does this With the crystal chronicle series. Its about creating a different xxperience to consoles which SONY and Vita have not done.

Outside of a new adventure for drake, what xxactly is different design wise? How about AC? blop? What are they doing to createva xxperience different than consoles?

What you just described is EXACTLY how many of the Vita Console Spinoff titles play. I really don't want to go through how they are different again as I already have several times in this very thread. I would just say read the last few pages to see. UGA,AC,Wipeout, Super Stardust Delta, etc all embody this design philosophy. Even more so some of the new IP exclusives like Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Escape Plan,etc.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Salnax said:
Well, this thread taught me something. Sony's problem isn't that they are making handheld versions of console games. It's that none of Sony's IPs mean diddlysquat in the handheld market compared to Nintendo's.

Good. The thread has served its purpose.

Doctor Lautrec, Crosswords Plus, New Art Academy, Etrain Odyssey 4 (has been confirmed for localization), King of Pirates (this has been confirmed), Guild 01, Nano Assault.

Ok, these games fit the criteria. You can separate Guild 01 into the three games that are localized (Liberation Maiden, Aero Porter, and Crimson Shroud).

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Nem said:
forevercloud3000 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
forevercloud3000 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
So 3DS sells > Vita, even though Vita = 3DS. A shame, but what can you do?

Yup. Nintendo just has a long history of owning the entire handheld market, it was never going to change over night. There mindshare with games like Mario is just too strong. Sony, after heavily relying on 3rd parties for too long, is now creating the 1st party franchises they should have years ago and their popularity has to be given a chance to grow in multiple venues.

The fact the Vita is significantly more costly doesn't help the situation either. Or at least the consumer is still conditioned to THINK it costs much more. Sony needs to teach them that its really not, but god knows their marketing departement is ran by monkeys.

Except this time things are much worse than their last attept, i.e. PSP. They're literally making negative progress.

I honestly believe the one and only reason why the Vita is not doing as well as the PSP is because NIN dropped price and Sony stubbornly refused to follow suite, at least as soon as they did. When Nintendo slashed price they set precedent that demands all others follow suite. No one wants to be a 3DS early adopter with the Vita. What I mean by that I think many are holding out (more so than normally) because they are afraid the second they get it it will drop in price, and they will feel shafted. I know I would too. Everyone knows they have to do so in order to compete with 3DS now so many find it unnessessary to buy it now, knowing it will cheaper just a few months from now.

What an incredible tale. Again, you are ignoring what consumers dictate. Its simpler than that. Sony cant afford to lose money on it, cause they are buried in debt with problems to finance themselves.

Nintendo did what needed to be done to save their product and flip it into a sucess. It wasnt nintendo that wanted to do it, it was the consumers that dictated it. You can only blame Sony for not beeing able to predict it after what happened to the 3DS.

I am not trying to spin this into whether they were right or wrong to do so, it was their choice as a company.  You say it like not doing so would have put Nintendo in Sony level financial jeopordy. They were/are completely stable and could have toughed through the low sales for a year.3DS at its original price was pure Apple level profit. During that time there was much back talk that at the same price point Nintendo looked meek next to the Vita. After a few months of baring the torment and low sales they caved in. They didn't want to possibly be seen as  on even ground with Vita. They COULD have stayed their ground, it wasn't like they were losing money. If they kept the course they could have squeezed more of that hi sell value out of consumers before dropping. At least that way the consumers wouldn't feel they can just cold shoulder a system in the future just so they can get the price point they want(which in the future might not be a feasible choice) hence the reason it could be seen as detrimental.

Nevertheless it was pure bad news for Sony upon release. Sony is opting to stick to their ground for the very reason I described. At this point its too late for them to keep tight lipped as Nintendo already set that standard that they have to if they don't want to fall too far behind. Regardless, Sony is making profit on all games and systems sold, which is all they care about right now. We will just have to see how this all pans out for Sony in the end.

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:

Xxain said:
I see where going but its deeper than just a console game on a handheld. There is Metal Gear on Consoles and Metal Gear on handhelds. Though the are series, each offers a different xxperience. Console Metal Gear is the tried and true formula everybody knows. In regards to Handheld MG they took a different approach. They alot of Monster Hunter, alittle bit of Pokemon and infused it MG to create something not found in the console versions. Peace Walker is completely different design than any console MG. Final Fantasy also does this With the crystal chronicle series. Its about creating a different xxperience to consoles which SONY and Vita have not done.

Outside of a new adventure for drake, what xxactly is different design wise? How about AC? blop? What are they doing to createva xxperience different than consoles?

What you just described is EXACTLY how many of the Vita Console Spinoff titles play. I really don't want to go through how they are different again as I already have several times in this very thread. I would just say read the last few pages to see. UGA,AC,Wipeout, Super Stardust Delta, etc all embody this design philosophy. Even more so some of the new IP exclusives like Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Escape Plan,etc.

Gravity Rush,escape plan, Game Arts in general are good because they desined around handheld philosophies. What xxperiences do Uncharted, blops:d, PSASB,assasins creed give that cannot be found in the console counterparts? I promise you FC. When these questions get confronted and then and steps get taken to make sure that all console vita games are designed in a way that gives something not found in the console vita will be more desirable.

What's wrong with console franchises being on a handheld in the first place? My most sought after game on the 3DS as of right now is Fire Emblem.

Does Kid Icarus count as a console series? Seeing how it hasn't had a console iteration since the NES? Because that's the only retail 3DS game I own.

As for DS games I bought to play on my 3DS, I have Pokémon White 2 (iteration of a handheld game!), MegaMan Zero Collection (MegaMan was originally a console IP, but the Zero games are all handheld games, so...?), Trauma Center: Under the Knife, and maybe another I forgot about.

I also have a few eShop games -- Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, Sakura Samurai.

And upcoming games I'll be buying include Fire Emblem (not sure what you want to consider that) and Monster Hunter (more a portable series than console now, but it is an enhanced port of Tri for Wii, so I dunno). And I'm eying more eShop games, including Mutant Mudds, Denpa Men, Crashmo, Ketzal's Corriders, and Liberation Maiden, at least. All of those are original IP excepting Crashmo, obviously a handheld series. Ah! And the whole Shantae series. Gotta get me those, including the recently announced eShop one. That's a handheld IP.

Xxain said:

Gravity Rush,escape plan, Game Arts in general are good because they desined around handheld philosophies. What xxperiences do Uncharted, blops:d, PSASB,assasins creed give that cannot be found in the console counterparts? I promise you FC. When these questions get confronted and then and steps get taken to make sure that all console vita games are designed in a way that gives something not found in the console vita will be more desirable.

I actually can with ease...

Uncharted:Gyro aiming, drag and drop grenade throwing, trace and follow, push on drake's back to get him up ledges, climbing with rear pad intuitively, rubbings, code deciphering with light via the camera, swiping screen for attackes, etc. Almost all are optional tho.

ACIII Liberations: Persona costumes add a spy like dynamic to the gameplay, different weapon varieties (Poison/halucinagenic Darts, Whip, etc), touch controls for convenience like map or special attacks.

PSASBR is indeed a direct port. Haven't played Blops:Declass ut it also has several mechanics not present in console version(regardless of the game's quality).

I just find it funny that some camps scream "I DONT WANT TOUCH CONTROLS" yet also at the same time want play mechanics not possibe on console as well. Sony has done a great job of meeting both half way but all this premature labeling of their titles keeps people from being willing to experience what they have to offer. Like I have stated throughout this thread, many of 3DS titles are the same way, only real difference is attached to their input gimmicks, otherwise totally doable on console or is exactly like it.

Greatness Awaits