By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games do you have on 3DS that are NOT from a console Series?

Lolz

I own:
Resident Evil Revelations
Mario Kart 7/Mario Land
Kingdom Hearts
Tales of Abyss

ALL CONSOLES

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Iveyboi said:
Lolz

I own:
Resident Evil Revelations
Mario Kart 7/Mario Land
Kingdom Hearts
Tales of Abyss

ALL CONSOLES

Thank you for your honest input

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:

Xxain said:

Gravity Rush,escape plan, Game Arts in general are good because they desined around handheld philosophies. What xxperiences do Uncharted, blops:d, PSASB,assasins creed give that cannot be found in the console counterparts? I promise you FC. When these questions get confronted and then and steps get taken to make sure that all console vita games are designed in a way that gives something not found in the console vita will be more desirable.

I actually can with ease...
Uncharted:Gyro aiming, drag and drop grenade throwing, trace and follow, push on drake's back to get him up ledges, climbing with rear pad intuitively, rubbings, code deciphering with light via the camera, swiping screen for attackes, etc. Almost all are optional tho.
ACIII Liberations: Persona costumes add a spy like dynamic to the gameplay, different weapon varieties (Poison/halucinagenic Darts, Whip, etc), touch controls for convenience like map or special attacks.
PSASBR is indeed a direct port. Haven't played Blops:Declass ut it also has several mechanics not present in console version(regardless of the game's quality).
I just find it funny that some camps scream "I DONT WANT TOUCH CONTROLS" yet also at the same time want play mechanics not possibe on console as well. Sony has done a great job of meeting both half way but all this premature labeling of their titles keeps people from being willing to experience what they have to offer. Like I have stated throughout this thread, many of 3DS titles are the same way, only real difference is attached to their input gimmicks, otherwise totally doable on console or is exactly like it.

FC... those are control gimmicks! Im talkin about core design. FF type 0 is differrent core design to mainline ff. Tossing a gernade with a touch or a swipe in no way will xxcite anybody. The way the game is designed at core. Mapping a bunch of button controls to touch functions is not what im talking about. Your right, alot of handheld games are doable on a console, but they are not! Thats why you have to get a handheld to play them!!!!

Xxain said:

forevercloud3000 said:

Xxain said:

Gravity Rush,escape plan, Game Arts in general are good because they desined around handheld philosophies. What xxperiences do Uncharted, blops:d, PSASB,assasins creed give that cannot be found in the console counterparts? I promise you FC. When these questions get confronted and then and steps get taken to make sure that all console vita games are designed in a way that gives something not found in the console vita will be more desirable.

I actually can with ease...
Uncharted:Gyro aiming, drag and drop grenade throwing, trace and follow, push on drake's back to get him up ledges, climbing with rear pad intuitively, rubbings, code deciphering with light via the camera, swiping screen for attackes, etc. Almost all are optional tho.
ACIII Liberations: Persona costumes add a spy like dynamic to the gameplay, different weapon varieties (Poison/halucinagenic Darts, Whip, etc), touch controls for convenience like map or special attacks.
PSASBR is indeed a direct port. Haven't played Blops:Declass ut it also has several mechanics not present in console version(regardless of the game's quality).
I just find it funny that some camps scream "I DONT WANT TOUCH CONTROLS" yet also at the same time want play mechanics not possibe on console as well. Sony has done a great job of meeting both half way but all this premature labeling of their titles keeps people from being willing to experience what they have to offer. Like I have stated throughout this thread, many of 3DS titles are the same way, only real difference is attached to their input gimmicks, otherwise totally doable on console or is exactly like it.

FC... those are control gimmicks! Im talkin about core design. FF type 0 is differrent core design to mainline ff. Tossing a gernade with a touch or a swipe in no way will xxcite anybody. The way the game is designed at core. Mapping a bunch of button controls to touch functions is not what im talking about. Your right, alot of handheld games are doable on a console, but they are not! Thats why you have to get a handheld to play them!!!!

Your last statement totally undoes your argument. 

Seeing as you think these features are "gimmicks"(When they most certainly are not, just adapting to what is available to the system), please describe to me what 3DS console like titles do to differenciate themselves, so I can compare.... Cuz I have to hear this :P

Greatness Awaits

RolStoppable said:
The games I have are: . . .

All IPs have appeared on home consoles in the past and I own a surprisingly low number of 3DS games. So what's going on here?

In a nutshell, you buy Nintendo systems for the Nintendo games, because they are the best games on the system (holds true throughout the entire history of Nintendo systems). You buy Sony systems for the third party games, because they are the best games on the system. The 3DS has the Nintendo games, the PSV doesn't have the third party games. Mystery solved.

Perfection.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The games I have are:

Ridge Racer 3D
Pilotwings Resort
Tales of the Abyss
Super Mario 3D Land
Sonic Generations
Mario Kart 7
Resident Evil: Revelations
New Super Mario Bros. 2

All IPs have appeared on home consoles in the past and I own a surprisingly low number of 3DS games. So what's going on here?

In a nutshell, you buy Nintendo systems for the Nintendo games, because they are the best games on the system (holds true throughout the entire history of Nintendo systems). You buy Sony systems for the third party games, because they are the best games on the system. The 3DS has the Nintendo games, the PSV doesn't have the third party games. Mystery solved.

Haha, half the games you named are third party.

RolStoppable said:
The games I have are:

Ridge Racer 3D
Pilotwings Resort
Tales of the Abyss
Super Mario 3D Land
Sonic Generations
Mario Kart 7
Resident Evil: Revelations
New Super Mario Bros. 2

I was with you till that line. That was only ever partly true, then this gen's multiplatform revolution happened and it completely became false. No one has a PS3 for multiplats, they come for the inventive and well designed exclusives.The problem is all these new series are relatively brand spanking new, so they do not yet have the selling power of what Nintendo offers.

Greatness Awaits

I have already given you examples of Consoles games that have managed to create a different experience in their handheld counterparts that go beyond remapping controls! Why must I give you more? If you think that I am defending 3DS. Your wrong. MG3, SF4, RE,BB,Oot,SF ext are all console ports that I have not bought and not going Why? because they can be found or are better elsewhere. Please explain how I have undone my argument in last sentence

One thing I don't get is why Vita owners post how the hilarious/pathetic others are being about the system. It's unnecessary and doesn't make you look better.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

forevercloud3000 said:

I was with you till that line. That was only ever partly true, then this gen's multiplatform revolution happened and it completely became false. No one has a PS3 for multiplats, they come for the inventive and well designed exclusives.The problem is all these new series are relatively brand spanking new, so they do not yet have the selling power of what Nintendo offers.

Me, for one.