By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games do you have on 3DS that are NOT from a console Series?

I have started and scene quite a few threads already about Vita sales trends and the like. One in particular asks the question why someone does not yet have a Vita. Many posters reply that all the Vita games are watered down versions of console titles(mostly) and/or Good game ports they have played on other consoles. Then the contrast quickly comes up of how 3DS has better original titles.

So....the question I now pose is which games on 3DS do you currently own that is NOT one of the below...

• Stemming from a console series (IE:Mario and all its forms,Zelda,Kingdom Hearts)
  • Not a BC title (IE: Pokemon Black and White)
  • A port of of any sort.
  • EDIT: Sorry forgot to add Multiplatform
I am not completely savy with what is currently available on on 3DS as many of you will respond might be so I just want to know. I would also like you to rate the titles as how you see them.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Hmmm, that will probably be a hard question if you ask me. I'm curious for the responses.

Turkish said:
Hmmm, that will probably be a hard question if you ask me. I'm curious for the responses.

as am I.......

Greatness Awaits

This is the wrong question to ask though. Just because there are games from a series that exists on consoles and also a handheld, it doesn't mean the handheld version is a watered down version of the console counterpart.

For example: No way anyone can say Super Mario 3D Land is a watered down version of Super Mario Galaxy.

Hm...
The ones i have:

Theathrythm FF
Zero Escape
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rythm Thief and the Emperor's treasure
Professor Lautrec and something Knights

Later i plan on getting ace Attorney 5 and the Ace Atorney/Layton crossover game.

-edit-

Oh yeah, i forgot Cave's Story 3D. That's a full remake, not a port.

And wouldn't be too assinine to exclude games like Kid Icarus? The last game featuring on a console is rather old and is nothing like the one sequel.

Around the Network
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Hm...
The ones i have:

Theathrythm FF
Zero Escape
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rythm Thief and the Emperor's treasure
Professor Lautrec and something Knights

Later i plan on getting ace Attorney 5 and the Ace Atorney/Layton crossover game.

Cool, Ive seen Theathrythm FF, and I am actually a fan of the Prof Layton games. Zero Escape is actually miltiplatform(Which reminded me I should specify that as well in the OP). Seems you really like music games from your library.

Greatness Awaits

lurkerwithnosoul said:

-edit-

Oh yeah, i forgot Cave's Story 3D. That's a full remake, not a port. Actually is coming to Vita so nope.

And wouldn't be too assinine to exclude games like Kid Icarus? The last game featuring on a console is rather old and is nothing like the one sequel. Nope, sorry, against the guidlines.

Greatness Awaits

Kenology said:

This is the wrong question to ask though. Just because there are games from a series that exists on consoles and also a handheld, it doesn't mean the handheld version is a watered down version of the console counterpart.

For example: No way anyone can say Super Mario 3D Land is a watered down version of Super Mario Galaxy.

not calling you out as the problem, but vita gets a lot of critisim for that.  if a console franchise is an exact replica (PSASBR) then it is just a port and why would anyone want that on a handheld.   if a console franchise tailors the experience to the handheld (Uncharted:GA, ACIII:L) than it is just a watered down experience not worthy of its console cousin. 

vita's great games are, imo, unfairly dismissed because atm it is cool to hate on vita.  for those that have actually played the system .. then like you say with super mario 3d land .. there are some great games from existing franchises being made.  so in summary: the OP is a trap.

Kenology said:

I exclude all these types of games because when speaking of Vita, all the same prerequisite games get dismissed without prejudice. So by default they are all dismissed from this argument. 

Greatness Awaits

Pullblox, Fallblox, Dillons Rolling Western, Hana Samurai, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Denpa Men, Heroes of Ruin, Mutant Mudds, Mighty Switch Force, Picross e are the ones that I have. What's the point of this thread again?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.