By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games do you have on 3DS that are NOT from a console Series?

F0X said:
noname2200 said:
F0X said:

It helps that P4 was rather overlooked in the first place, so for many it may be the first time they play the game.

According to this website, Persona 4 was the highest-selling Persona game in the West. Japan sales for Persona 3 are not available on this site, and I'm too lazy to dig up Media Create figures, so Persona 3 might have sold better in Japan.

I think P3 sales are split between the original version and FES though.

Even lumping those together, and assuming zero overlap, results in them having just 200k more copies sold. Again though, no Japan numbers for the original are available, so it's probably about double that.

Around the Network
Metrium said:
I know that Kid Icarus was on consoles...25 years ago. But Uprising is so different that I consider it to be a new IP. So I'll say Kid Icarus:Uprising.

Nope, doesn't count. The Vita games are not given that level of benefit of the doubt, so my tally doesn't extend that courtesy to 3DS. Basically what this thread proved to me and hopefully a few more of you that 3DS does not have some mysterious line up of unique brand new IPs that are liked by all and sell well. It has its 1st party and a few 3rd party console ports and exclusives that are popular, thats it. They don't do anything super special other than being a good game but they are still portable versions of console games, and once you take that away the list of great material becomes stagnant.

This is what countless 3DS gamers/Vita haters say about Vita, "Take away the console ports and there is nothing there", which I just proved to be true for the 3DS as well. God knows, at least I didn't eliminate Downloadable titles which some Vita haters dismiss as "real games" as well) too otherwise no one would of had a game to show except Pilot Wings Resort.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Metrium said:
I know that Kid Icarus was on consoles...25 years ago. But Uprising is so different that I consider it to be a new IP. So I'll say Kid Icarus:Uprising.

Nope, doesn't count. The Vita games are not given that level of benefit of the doubt, so my tally doesn't extend that courtesy to 3DS. Basically what this thread proved to me and hopefully a few more of you that 3DS does not have some mysterious line up of unique brand new IPs that are liked by all and sell well. It has its 1st party and a few 3rd party console ports and exclusives that are popular, thats it. They don't do anything super special other than being a good game but they are still portable versions of console games, and once you take that away the list of great material becomes stagnant.

This is what countless 3DS gamers/Vita haters say about Vita, "Take away the console ports and there is nothing there", which I just proved to be true for the 3DS as well. God knows, at least I didn't eliminate Downloadable titles which some Vita haters dismiss as "real games" as well) too otherwise no one would of had a game to show except Pilot Wings Resort.

Yet I have 6 games that aren't downloadable and not PWR....

Former something....

F0X said:
noname2200 said:
F0X said:

It helps that P4 was rather overlooked in the first place, so for many it may be the first time they play the game.

According to this website, Persona 4 was the highest-selling Persona game in the West. Japan sales for Persona 3 are not available on this site, and I'm too lazy to dig up Media Create figures, so Persona 3 might have sold better in Japan.

I think P3 sales are split between the original version and FES though.

if u combine both versions of P3 it comes out to more but you must realize that most of those buyers were the same people, maybe a few new buyers. At best it did evenly with P4 but 4 did it with one game release. Then P3P did really well, so did the P3 movie, P4A and P4 the Animation did better tho, so it is widely believed to be far more popular. P4G is the highest selling remake, as well as the highest selling Vita game in Japan. I pray it's massive popularity spreads and just as many people buy it in the US. Last time I checked JP version sold 66% of what the original P4 did, If US/EU does the same it will surpass Uncharted:GA as best selling WW.

Greatness Awaits

Blacksaber said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Metrium said:

Yet I have 6 games that aren't downloadable and not PWR....

and what are those? Are they also not console ports/spinoffs/ multiplats?

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Why would Pilotwings Resort count in the first place? It's a series that debuted on the SNES and saw an N64 sequel.

Ah, didn't know that. Well scratch that game off the list too. Someone earlier said it as if it fit my criteria.

Greatness Awaits

You are making the assumption that the 3DS counterparts are poor versions of home console versions; similar to the Vita. This is not the case. Mario Kart 7 isn't a half-assed version of a console game: with flight and undersea travel, it's actually more advanced than the console version. Kid Icarus is also significantly better than its NES console counterpart, as is Ocarina of Time, etc...

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Does Kid Icarus count? Hasn't been released on a console since the NES.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

@-Jumpin -You can also say that the 3DS has a better version of Resident evil than the home consoles too

Retail Games

Console Ports - Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition

Console Spinoffs - Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Resident Evil: Revelations

Semi-Console Spinoffs - Kid Icarus: Uprising, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, New Super Mario Bros 2

Handheld Originals - Virtually every eShop game worth mentioning

I'll admit, I can see where this thread is coming from. A lot of 3DS hits resemble console brethren. However, I'd like to note how many of the "Spinoff" and "Semi-Console" categories have been adapted to meet the unique characteristics of handheld gaming, or are great matches for the 3DS.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is one of the only RPGs I've ever played that's divided into small stages in a world map, ala Mario World.

SM3DLand is only possible on a 3D system. Parts of it would be unplayable as a Wii game.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, in addition to virtually being a new franchise ala Metroid Prime vs Super Metroid, is divided into shorter, replayable missions.

Theatrhythm is a touchscreen-based game. I guess it would also be possible on the Wii U, but a touchscreen is necessary for the style of gameplay.

Shadow Wars is a turn-based Strategy RPG divided into missions ranging from 5 minutes to an hour.

Love and tolerate.