By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Red on track to sell MILLIONS!

leo-j still butthurted that Taylor Swift beat Lady Gaga in 2011.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

LOL Boutros. You sure you want to get in between PS3 and Leo. 

leo-j said:
man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:
no, it's expected to sell somewhere around what BORN THIS WAY sold first week in the U.S.. and sell very little world wide.. she's a U.S singer..

1.1-1.2 million U.S first week sales.. in comparison BORN THIS WAY by lady gaga sold over 2 million copies WW last year.. and about 1.1 million copies week one in the U.S..

...Yeah, but 400k of Born this ways 1st week US sales were for $0.99 from Amazon...

and I was one of those sales.. I would have bought the album for a higher price if that offer wasn't available.. that doesn't take away from the fact she would have sold Way more than 700K week 1 without the deal.. in the U.S alone.. and over 1.5 million WW which is what swift may debut with..

Lady Gaga is a nobody these days though...if she were to release an album this week alongside Taylor Swift it would probably sell ~100k

man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:
man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:
no, it's expected to sell somewhere around what BORN THIS WAY sold first week in the U.S.. and sell very little world wide.. she's a U.S singer..

1.1-1.2 million U.S first week sales.. in comparison BORN THIS WAY by lady gaga sold over 2 million copies WW last year.. and about 1.1 million copies week one in the U.S..

...Yeah, but 400k of Born this ways 1st week US sales were for $0.99 from Amazon...

and I was one of those sales.. I would have bought the album for a higher price if that offer wasn't available.. that doesn't take away from the fact she would have sold Way more than 700K week 1 without the deal.. in the U.S alone.. and over 1.5 million WW which is what swift may debut with..

Lady Gaga is a nobody these days though...if she were to release an album this week alongside Taylor Swift it would probably sell ~100k

so true.. that's why she's selling out STADIUMS and ARENAS all over the world today.. and why her tour will probably end up being in the top 5 biggest tours in the history of music.. and probably end up being top 3 in the highest female grossing tours in history.. heck if she extends it long enough she'll top madonna.. and challenge U2 for the biggest tour in music history..

she is taking a break on radio.. ON PURPOSE..

mM
Boutros said:

GaGa sold more albums than swift last year.. and more records than swift last year too..

Adele sold the most records/albums.. gaga was 2nd..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:
man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:

so true.. that's why she's selling out STADIUMS and ARENAS all over the world today.. and why her tour will probably end up being in the top 5 biggest tours in the history of music.. and probably end up being top 3 in the highest female grossing tours in history.. heck if she extends it long enough she'll top madonna.. and challenge U2 for the biggest tour in music history..

She is on the same level as Flo Rida at the moment. Her career took a massive nosedive in the past 2 years

HesAPooka said:
I like Taylor Swift cause she tries so hard to look nice and innocent, but you just know shes a nasty fucking slut who's taken more cock than the Jonas brothers.

I peed myslef a bit, reading this comment

Well congrats, yet another album, yet another heratbroken chick making millions out of peoples bad taste

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:
man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:
man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:

She is on the same level as Flo Rida at the moment. Her career took a massive nosedive in the past 2 years

despite the fact your post isn't even worth a response.. Flo rida can never dream of selling as much albums as gaga sold in her first week for LTD sales for any of his albums..

and as I said in that post.. her touring power shows she is the most powerful musician on earth atm.. no matter what your opinion is.. it's on paper..

mM
leo-j said:
man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:
man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:
man-bear-pig said:
leo-j said:

despite the fact your post isn't even worth a response.. Flo rida can never dream of selling as much albums as gaga sold in her first week for LTD sales for any of his albums..

and as I said in that post.. her touring power shows she is the most powerful musician on earth atm.. no matter what your opinion is.. it's on paper..

The only reason her tours gross so much is because she does 10x more dates than everyone else. She's a touraholic. Besides, she has a great back catalogue of hits (like madonna). Her current music isn't successful, so she's basically living off of the back of her old hits (like madonna...or mariah Carey at Christmas time)

i thought only people younger than leo fight so much for a musician

but yeah, you can't really say gaga took a nosedive just because she didn't release anything for almost an year. if you don't release anything you can't obviously sell new singles. i mean, what exactly is "her current music"? her current music will come with a new album or whatever but there is no current music or am i wrong?

it's like you would say in a year without  cod that cod isn't selling as much as in the years before.