By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Red on track to sell MILLIONS!

Taylor Swift's new album is on track to sell 1.25 million copies in her debut week alone! In one week this will make her the highest selling album this year!! She apparently is on track to sell 5-6 million world wide in the first week alone too! This will be the highest selling album in one week in the longest time. This will be the highest first week sales in like 10 years.. AMAZING. Legendary queen of music. Saving music every day!! This will put her like 6th on the list for the highest debut for an album EVER in the history of music, even higher than The Beatles!

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

Yaaaay...? :S

The tears literally streamed down my face when I heard the news.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Congratz to her!

I love her new album!

Btw you're the one who converted me Ps3.

Around the Network

So much more deserving artists than her..

Thank God I found Spotify for all the obscure bands I listen to.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Here's some facts...

It's on track to sell 1.25 million in the US on week one (the highest one week total in nearly 10 years and the second highest female debut of all time behind 'Oops I did it again' by Britney Spears, which was in 2000 when record sales were much higher than they are now).

It only going to sell ~250-300k in the rest of the world though, so your '5-6 million' worldwide in week 1 figure is bullshit.

Still, in this day and age when piracy is so widespread, her US sales are astounding, and could perhaps eclipse Britney Spears record and become the highest selling 1st week for a female album ever.

Ps3 said:
The tears literally streamed down my face when I heard the news. <3

So do you get some sort of percentage for every sale she makes? You people devote your lives to artists who could give a shit if you even existed. 

This is me on the day Red came out:

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:

This is me on the day Red came out:

Really?