By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Does VGChartz have the worst moderators in the world?

Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:
That thread definitely needed to be modded and locked, as does its followup, but I've been banned for some STUPID things. I once got banned for saying I was going to write an article about Final Fantasy XIII, in spite of knowing a lot of people wouldn't like it (the title was goign to be "the real reason Final Fantasy XIII is a terrible game", and it was going to explain why at its core Final Fantasy XIII was indeed a terrible game), and that I'd need a flame shield becuase I expected people to lash out.

I got banned for saying I intended to write an article on a different site that I knew would be unpopular.

I got banned for citing my intentions elsewhere.

I got banned for doing my job.

I also recently got banned for saying that if you felt that shouting loudly meant you won a debate, then you deserve the lesser candidate.

I've also been banned for telling the truth on an issue people are sensitive about. (Religion). I've been banned for having an opinion and not sugarcoating or handling it with kid gloves.

Banning should only be for spammers, trolls, and constantly disruptive people. Not people who have strong opinions. I've been a mod elsewhere, Banning is basically internet jail, and should only be done when banning will actually solve the problem. Banning someone because they have an unpopular opinion and isn't afraid to share it is just dumb. not having tact is not the same thing as being inflammatory. Perhaps we'd all do well to remember that.

Interesting. Maybe that's how you see it, but I am quite sure that you are usually flaming people left, right and center everytime you have a strong opinion on a subject and subsequently get banned for it. And let's not forget that your "Writer" tag also gave you more leeway than a regular poster in the past.

Bingo. Runa, you're generally a very good poster, you just tend to come off as insulting when discussing things you don't like.

I treat banning as a behavioral correction tool. If you don't want to get banned again, better yourself as a poster. Many posters seem to have taken that to heart to an extent, because some who had a long rap-sheet in the past are now productive members.

Awww, thanks man.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
WiiBox3 said:
That title, was just plain trolling. That alone is enough to lock the thread.

I once made a thread where I had a 3DS shooting a Vita in the head.

Thanks for taking away the cleavage rule. That was obviously made by people who had no idea what was actually going on. A Thread made to get people worked up and as a sick joke turned bad.

The reason it was originally brought up is inconsequential, what mattered was if it was actually a problem.  While the person who originally made a stink about it was disingenuous there are people with genuine issues viewing our forums in public places when there are avatars like that floating around.  Like if someone happens to browse the forums while reading at the library.  That's the purpose to the rule, and I still stand by it as a good decision.  The purpose of having a NSFW forum is to put things that people may not want to be seen browsing in public, but that is pointless if people can have NSFW avatars all throughout the forums anyway.  

Not my decision these days, and the current team can undo it if they like, but I stand by the original decision.  

Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:
That thread definitely needed to be modded and locked, as does its followup, but I've been banned for some STUPID things. I once got banned for saying I was going to write an article about Final Fantasy XIII, in spite of knowing a lot of people wouldn't like it (the title was goign to be "the real reason Final Fantasy XIII is a terrible game", and it was going to explain why at its core Final Fantasy XIII was indeed a terrible game), and that I'd need a flame shield becuase I expected people to lash out.

I got banned for saying I intended to write an article on a different site that I knew would be unpopular.

I also recently got banned for saying that if you felt that shouting loudly meant you won a debate, then you deserve the lesser candidate.

I've also been banned for telling the truth on an issue people are sensitive about. (Religion). I've been banned for having an opinion and not sugarcoating or handling it with kid gloves.

Banning should only be for spammers, trolls, and constantly disruptive people. Not people who have strong opinions. I've been a mod elsewhere, Banning is basically internet jail, and should only be done when banning will actually solve the problem. Banning someone because they have an unpopular opinion and isn't afraid to share it is just dumb. not having tact is not the same thing as being inflammatory. Perhaps we'd all do well to remember that.

Interesting. Maybe that's how you see it, but I am quite sure that you are usually flaming people left, right and center everytime you have a strong opinion on a subject and subsequently get banned for it. And let's not forget that your "Writer" tag also gave you more leeway than a regular poster in the past.

Bingo. Runa, you're generally a very good poster, you just tend to come off as insulting when discussing things you don't like.

I treat banning as a behavioral correction tool. If you don't want to get banned again, better yourself as a poster. Many posters seem to have taken that to heart to an extent, because some who had a long rap-sheet in the past are now productive members.

No, some people just need to grow a spine or some balls, because whining to a mod or reporting things when you can't handle criticism is weak.  

And that's rich, ROL of all people telling me what to do?  dude's a troll, almost every one of his posts is him trolling, and yet people accept it becuase that's 'just the way he is'.  he even got a special tag BECAUSE he trolls.  So yeah, forgive me if I'm not humbly bowing to people who can't handle criticism. 

User has been moderated for this post ~Barozi

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

happydolphin said:
I'd have to say, of all people to post this, phenom08 you are the last to speak. You have a tendency to belittle people and lol at them in conversation (you actually did it to axum ITT). That's typical flamebait. If you actually cared about this site and this community, you wouldn't do that. You may be smart, but you really don't know how to open debate with others. A forum is not just your soapbox, it's a public place for everyone to speak. So being welcoming to discussion and constructive sharing of ideas is fundamental. This is something I'm also working on a lot here, so I'm not saying it in a condescending way.

As for axum, allow me to take his and the team's defense. The team are very careful not to overuse their role and it shows. They were hand-picked from a number of top quality posters and the clean forums we get today is a result of that selection. They have never rejected feedback.

Back on topic, prof gave an excellent reason why the Vita is not dead, and If you want to call it that way, then as Jay said you're looking for controversy. If you want to know how to make a thread like this, look at the re-opened thread, that's how you do it.

:D

It's just truth lol

Some people just don't understand what demand is. At 250-300 plus a mem card and a game, only about 3m people wanted to buy it. The same thing happened with the 3ds, and the same thing happened with ps3. PS3 is now selling really well, just had a 200k week in the beginning of august. It has a redesign, will be working with retailers this xmas to provide the same 100$ off and gift cards that 360 gets (they've almost confirmed this with their statement about pricing for the slim) and has several big games on the slate like last of us, god of war, metal gear 5, rising, ff versus, psasbr. They're not huge, but you get my point. ps3 will go on to sell upwards of 85 million. This happened through exclusives, redesigns, price drops. There is no reason the same can't happen for vita, and we already know price drop is confirmed for 2013, and we have these games coming:

ragnarok odyssey, persona 4 golden (100k north america preorders by release), street fighter vs tekken, psabr, black ops, silent hill (hopefully it's a good game), tearaway, soul sacrifice, ass creed, ff10 remake, dragon's crown. So games are coming, price drop is coming, redesign will likely be 2014-15, hopefully to include a full funcitoning android phone. And there's a ps3/vita bundle in the works as well.

Runa216 said:
Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:

No, some people just need to grow a spine or some balls, because whining to a mod or reporting things when you can't handle criticism is weak.  

And that's rich, ROL of all people telling me what to do?  dude's a troll, almost every one of his posts is him trolling, and yet people accept it becuase that's 'just the way he is'.  he even got a special tag BECAUSE he trolls.  So yeah, forgive me if I'm not humbly bowing to people who can't handle criticism.  

He tagged himself. Pure photo-shop.

Anyhoo, Rol generally doesn't make it personal. That's what makes the difference. There's a fine line there about getting insulting to groups of people on the site. Rol himself has narrowly crossed that line before, but generally knows where it is

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I think that mods are a bit too sensitive, but overall they do a decent job
on the other hand i dont see the reason to close that thread, the Vita is dying as for now and the Wii is almost dead, so they were no lies or flaming, those are facts backed up by numbers

DieAppleDie said:
I think that mods are a bit too sensitive, but overall they do a decent job
on the other hand i dont see the reason to close that thread, the Vita is dying as for now and the Wii is almost dead, so they were no lies or flaming, those are facts backed up by numbers

That's an argument to have in the thread if you like, but just tossing that onto the Vita as something definitive in the thread title is just going for a cheap shot.  Exactly what purpose does it have otherwise?  How does "Who will win this holiday: the dying Vita or the dying Wii" serve you more than "Who Will win this holiday: Vita or the Wii"?  

If you make a thread and word it in a way to piss people off, there's a word for that.   

Runa216 said:

This post got hilarious when I saw "Banned" under his name.

lmao!!!!

i cant deal with you guys right now LMFAO!!

i agree with @Boutros XD XD

EDIT: or maybe i should just be quiet before i get my ass banned aswell..

Moderation follows posting history and general behavior on the forums. Play nice and fair and the mods will look away more often than not if one slips up or formulates something badly. The people who complain about the mods are generally the ones who can't behave properly on the forums, the OP happens to be one of these. There is nothing much besides trying to rile people up in almost every thread he posts in, look at the post history and have a look for yourselves.

Flaming, name calling, suggestive thread titles, trolling and generally being ridiculous on the boards will net you negative attention from the people who keep the order. Deal with it and grow up, is my advice.