By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Does VGChartz have the worst moderators in the world?

Wow does this site have some of the worst moderators ever?

Here's a good example.

In this forum "who is going to win this xmas? the dead Wii or the dying Vita?"

"I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Referring to the Vita (or any system that isn't on its way out of the market) as "dying" isn't really the way it should really be represented on the site" said by one of our wonderful moderators.

Notice that this moderator not only has no proof what so ever of the Vita not leaving the market soon, notice how he doesn't even mention the Wii being referred to as a dead platform, notice how he throws in an excerpt like "or any system that isn't on its way out" like he knows when any system is on its way out, and last but not least take a look at what his favorite platform is. I rest my case.

Around the Network

I think the moderators are wonderful, and your example is just a good example of keeping the site free of crap.

@axumblade No sir you are wrong that console you are referring to has sold as much this year as the new platform. Its trending towards an early death rather you think so or not. Clearly your feelings got in the way and you locked it for damage control.

Seems a bit harsh, but entirely reasonable.

Love and tolerate.

People should be able to have their own opinions. That wasn't a good reason to lock a thread. Just produce a counter argument.

Around the Network

Also its selling just as much as the Wii, which is clearly ok to be called dead but for some stupid reason the Vita which is selling just as much shouldn't be considered dying. That's ridiculous.

They are only horrible for really following through MBP's idea of no cleavage/shirtless guys in avatars.

Former something....

I think thread locking should be limited to inappropriate topics and duplicates. The should also be some way for users to defend themselves as there are times when a moderator really is wrong.

phenom08 said:
@axumblade No sir you are wrong that console you are referring to has sold as much this year as the new platform. Its trending towards an early death rather you think so or not. Clearly your feelings got in the way and you locked it for damage control.

except that as a new console there is still tons of room to grow.  I mean, the vita hasn't even had a holiday season yet in most of the world.  It also has tons of room to cut price.  Sony has confirmed a 10 year lifecycle for it.  There is every indication that the Vita has a future.  where the wii has a successor coming out this holiday, its days are numbered.  It could still be around for a few years as a cheap alternative, much like the ps2, but development will have moved on to the wii u.

You are harping at nothing man.  I can't see your logic.  The thread was an obvious troll thread (meant to anger fans) and should have been closed.  

spurgeonryan said:
I was actually going to make a thread called "who is your favorte moderator"? So no. N4g and neogaf do.

I would say Kasz... Just like the way that guy thinks...