By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Does VGChartz have the worst moderators in the world?

theprof00 said:
ECM said:
OK, so:

*Thread about the VIta dying (someone's opinion!)=locked.
*Thread about preferences in female anatomical features: unlocked.

Now, I'm not going to get into the vagaries of judging what threads are a bad reflection on the site, but any *sane* person would have to concede that if you're truly worried* about the site's rep, you're going to axe the second one *before* you axe the first one, and yet...

More laughably: a site based on *sales* of games and consoles, to some degree or another, is *locking* threads based on something entirely germane to its very existence, i.e. the sales, or lack thereof, of games and/or consoles.

*You're not: you're abusing your ability as a mod to stifle debate because you don't like the way it's going, which makes the OP 100% correct.

See, the problem here is that the perceived unfairness is coming from people who believe the Vita to be dying.
Fair enough, I can see that those people have taken a factually objective look at the sales and decided that it wasn't for long.

Counter-point, the 3ds was itself selling very poorly before its own price-cut and now is selling at an extremely healthy rate. Ergo, it stands that the lifecycle of the vita isn't as being advertised by the "oppressed posters" as here-today gone-tomorrow, but more in terms of, the Vita cannot sustain sales at this price point, and should seek a new price-point to increase competitiveness.

Therefore, based on the facts, the vita is not dying, but simply not meeting demand.

Demand is a formula which determines an optimal profit stream based on price. It involves the amount of predicted sales multiplied by revenue with cost subtracted. Generally, the formula follows these three levels in a healthy product:
a) high volume, low margin
b) medium volume, medium margin
c) low volume, high margin

Currently, Sony's strategy is to pursue profit above all else ebing that they are financially trying to get their finances back in order, so they are trying to maintain their current strategy of low volume with high margin. Also, it stands that because there are not a great deal of games on the market, it is harder to bring in software revenue.

One would think, hey, you sell more systems, you sell more games, and you make money on games. That's true, but what if there aren't a lot of games? Then obviously, you cannot justify selling the console for less and expect to make the money back on the non-existent razorblades.

So, simply and solidly, I have proven that

1) Vita is not dying, it is in a demand model that suits its pricing strategy
2) Pointed out that making uninformed claims on a website where we like to think of ourselves as informed, is not only easily remedied by evidence, but not really apprpriate to the site, thereby siding with said moderator's decision.

"we at vgc try to use facts, not opinions, thanks for playing"

wow...

the power of denial is strong in you...

Around the Network

you're talking about axumblade??

LMAO!

i don't want to here that sh!t

i'm a PS fan and he damn sure didn't think twice about giving me a warning that specific time that i'm not going to elaborate on that involved another company. He pretty much came to the other companies savior that day while giving me a damn warning smh. It's not like i was lying either

so where was his great Sony defensiveness then???

..whatever though

NeoGaf moderators are horrible. Here in VGChartz are better, some biased to their console of choice, but still alot better.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Blacksaber said:
They are only horrible for really following through MBP's idea of no cleavage/shirtless guys in avatars.

That wasn't us. That was the mods before us.

That was never even a rule anyway, just an advisory.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

fighter said:

wow...

the power of denial is strong in you...

I'm not going to bother trying to convince you, if that response was any indication of your character.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kantor said:
Blacksaber said:
They are only horrible for really following through MBP's idea of no cleavage/shirtless guys in avatars.

You were a mod back then, don't lie! 

So do I have permission to go back to Rocio or what?

Imgur link?

And yes, I was a mod. But most people on the team weren't.

pezus said:
Kantor said:
pezus said:
Kantor said:
Blacksaber said:

You were a mod back then, don't lie! 

So do I have permission to go back to Rocio or what?

Imgur link?

And yes, I was a mod. But most people on the team weren't.

Dafuq, you edited! 

But you said it wasn't a rule anyway ;-P

It's hosted right here on the chartz:

http://www.vgchartz.com/avatars/pezus_158_large.jpg

Go ahead. That's fine.

That thread was locked? Awesome.

I absolutely love the moderation team, as of now, they are the greatest on the internet.

No, the are not.

That thread was borderline flamebait, and some posts of Turkish were stealth trolling. Let's be honest when things turn ugly peolpe here, and generally on the interwebz, do not behave. Probably a drastic measure but meh.

And regarding the cleavage/bare chest guys, come on guys, it was NSFW. Yes, before that infamous bet, some users had 'sexy' avatars and that wasn't a problem, but things went wrong.

The only thing that I'd argue is how Seece were constantly an ass and got away with it, but he is no longer here Yay!, so no problem with our mods. Actually some of them are pretty awesome.

Some of you don't get it. Every fucking day we have a similar thread about how bad vita is doing. We get it and we all agree. It's doing terrible. There is absolutely no need for any more "lolz the vita is dead, oh the irony" threads.

It is just as bad a having a different thread about how your 360 RRODed or "how long till your 360 RRODs?". Or even having multiple threads about how terrible wii is doing compared to the ps2, the king of the last generation. It is simply unnecessary. Of course we are supposed to be talking about sales, but such threads only lead to more fights between forum members. I'm surprised some of you cannot comprehend this.