By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Does VGChartz have the worst moderators in the world?

Runa's post was definitely against the rules, and I think generally the mods make the right decisions here

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
Runa's post was definitely against the rules, and I think generally the mods make the right decisions here

I actually thought his post was in-bounds, but w/e.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

torilian
i didnt see the malice there, actually i understood it as a joke thread more than anything
the problem is that Sony fans often overreact too much, i for example am a big Wii fan and defensor, and i didnt feel offended by the title because you know....its true
the same should happen with the Vita imo

DieAppleDie said:
torilian
i didnt see the malice there, actually i understood it as a joke thread more than anything
the problem is that Sony fans often overreact too much, i for example am a big Wii fan and defensor, and i didnt feel offended by the title because you know....its true
the same should happen with the Vita imo

There's a big difference between calling a console with a new generation coming out in a month dead and a handheld that just started dead.  No crap you weren't offended by the Wii dying because it's dying at a perfectly normal time, the two are not in the same situation.  Saying the Wii is dead isn't at all an insult because it sold amazingly well and the Wii U is almost out.  Just because you weren't offended by something inoffensive doesn't mean that the Vita part of it wasn't offensive.  

so you are agreein with me?
i wasnt offended because it is true and inoffensive, thats exactly what i said

same should go with Vita fans, because its true thats failing, maybe dying is a bit too harsh, but its common use (that kind of expression), of course its not dying, it was never alive...

saying the system its failing shoudnt be more offensive that saying the Wii is dead

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
so you are agreein with me?
i wasnt offended because it is true and inoffensive, thats exactly what i said

same should go with Vita fans, because its true thats failing, maybe dying is a bit too harsh, but its common use (that kind of expression), of course its not dying, it was never alive...

saying the system its failing shoudnt be more offensive that saying the Wii is dead

I can't believe I'm having this conversation, just makes me assume you're being willfully ignorant of the difference.

There's a reason you aren't upset by someone saying the Wii is dead, because it's been a giant success and is about to be replaced by a successor, it's supposed to be dying.  The Vita has a bunch of fans that want it to keep going even if the hardware sales haven't been encouraging thus far and just flippantly calling the platform dead in your thread title is not something you are doing to be more accurate as you say, it's something you're doing to piss them off.  There's really no other reason to call it dead, you know it's going to annoy someone and you do it anyway because that is your goal.

I don't know how I can say it any clearer.  

"The Vita has a bunch of fans" lol
if reality pisses them off thats their problem

let me ask you a question
if the title said "the bad selling Vita or the bad selling Wii" instead, would have make any difference?

benao87 said:
No, the are not.

That thread was borderline flamebait, and some posts of Turkish were stealth trolling. Let's be honest when things turn ugly peolpe here, and generally on the interwebz, do not behave. Probably a drastic measure but meh.

And regarding the cleavage/bare chest guys, come on guys, it was NSFW. Yes, before that infamous bet, some users had 'sexy' avatars and that wasn't a problem, but things went wrong.

The only thing that I'd argue is how Seece were constantly an ass and got away with it, but he is no longer here Yay!, so no problem with our mods. Actually some of them are pretty awesome.

"some posts of Turkish were stealth trolling"

which of his posts specifically? can you post them?

DieAppleDie said:
"The Vita has a bunch of fans" lol
if reality pisses them off thats their problem

let me ask you a question
if the title said "the bad selling Vita or the bad selling Wii" instead, would have make any difference?

sigh, it's trolling, just like I can't call you a bunch of names or call the Wii a console for babies without any worthwhile games and then say "well if it pisses you off that's your problem"  I obviously used that terminology with the goal of pissing you off and that's trolling.  

yep, although I would again ask why it needs to be in there for the question.

what the turtle says,the turtle does

Above & Beyond