By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Borderlands 2 GAMEPLAY DISCUSSION

man-bear-pig said:
Finally killed that big worm thing (AFTER 20+ TRIES!!). Still haven't found any legendary weapons, but I'm not gonna farm them, I'm just gonna wait and get them when I get them

Oh yeah, on YouTube they said that if you tip Moxxxi she gives you a legendary Maliwan fire smg...but I tipped her and got nothing. What gives?!

Tip her 10K (doesn't have to be all at once) and you'll get an acheivement/trophy.  Tip her ~5K more and she'll say "This isn't my favorite gun..." or something like that and give you Moxi's Bad Touch - a corrosive SMG.  Tip her ANOTHER 5K (I think) and she'll give you her FAVORITE gun (Moxi's good touch) - a fire SMG.  I do not belive it's an orange, but I think it is a very good weapon (don't have it yet as I want to get it at a higher level).

I've heard that the amount you need to tip after the first 10K varies, but I can not verify that.

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:
man-bear-pig said:
Finally killed that big worm thing (AFTER 20+ TRIES!!). Still haven't found any legendary weapons, but I'm not gonna farm them, I'm just gonna wait and get them when I get them

Oh yeah, on YouTube they said that if you tip Moxxxi she gives you a legendary Maliwan fire smg...but I tipped her and got nothing. What gives?!

Tip her 10K (doesn't have to be all at once) and you'll get an acheivement/trophy.  Tip her ~5K more and she'll say "This isn't my favorite gun..." or something like that and give you Moxi's Bad Touch - a corrosive SMG.  Tip her ANOTHER 5K (I think) and she'll give you her FAVORITE gun (Moxi's good touch) - a fire SMG.  I do not belive it's an orange, but I think it is a very good weapon (don't have it yet as I want to get it at a higher level).

I've heard that the amount you need to tip after the first 10K varies, but I can not verify that.

Thanks, I've already tipped her 5k and I've got 11k saved up, so I should have enough to get it! To sanctuary I go...

Just got the good touch and bad touch, both are amazing weapons! The good touch (fire) is great for killing people and the bad touch (corrosive) is awesome for killing Hyperion robots! :D

This game is seriously awesome...I think it might be my favourite of the gen! :o

I have a level 16 Zero, that I stopped playing to try out the Siren Class.

I have a level 24 Maya, that is furthest along in the story (and kicks much ass).

I just started a Gaige (level 10), and think Deathtrap is a little overpowered.

Sadly, because I haven't focused on one character and don't have a ton of time to play, I STILL haven't finished the game. Oh well. Think I'll pick up Maya tonight and see about advancing the story that way.

This game really feels like it requires me to play online and I don't like that.

I loved that I could play through Borderlands without any issue while going 100% solo. This time it's different. Some of these guys are super difficult. My guns don't do a damn thing.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Yeah it's much harder solo than the first Borderlands for sure.

I'm level 28 now. I have a side mission that says that the recommended level is 25. I only need to kill one boss...who is at level 30 ! 2 hits and I'm dead.

Furthermore I saw some of my rockets fly right through it... and it's certainly a big enough target.

YES! I finally killed BNK-3R after 5 failed attempts! Now level 26 with Zero, and when I complete the game I'm gonna start a new playthrough as the Mecromancer.

Has anyone played as the Mecromancer yet?

man-bear-pig said:
YES! I finally killed BNK-3R after 5 failed attempts! Now level 26 with Zero, and when I complete the game I'm gonna start a new playthrough as the Mecromancer.

Surprisingly I thought it was one of the easier bosses so far. Finished him solo on first try. Only got downed once.

Barozi said:
man-bear-pig said:

Surprisingly I thought it was one of the easier bosses so far. Finished him solo on first try. Only got downed once.

Yeah, I found him very easy, just stay under the bridge the whole time, the mechs are easily dispatched with explosive shotgun and corrosive pistol.

BNK-3R, like a lot of bosses, can be easy if you find the right positioning. Otherwise, it can be hard. Kind of like how fighting a Constructor can be easy if you find good cover right from the start.

Beat the game yesterday and the end-boss is the same. There are places to stand where you own him without problems. I think they did it on purpose, so people don't feel like it's impossible to win solo.

True Vault Hunter mode is damn hard. I've been basically 2-hit killed a few times already. Pulled a group of Bullymongs and TWO Superbadass types spawned. One leaped over a ravine and with one hit crushed my shields and knocked me down to a sliver of life. I came back and killed them, but it was a harder fight than most bosses battles on regular. Had to use most of my life-stealing grenades and even then I only won because one of them got stuck on the terrain. Also, opponent's shields are a LOT harder to deal with. You pretty much have to have a shock weapon. The biggest pain, however, are the armored Psychos. I still don't know how to deal with them except by using my cooldown, they're incredibly hard to kill.

Mechromancer I got to level 8, seems pretty nifty. Like the guy from Gearbox said, it's kind of a simpler path. More tank-and-spank centered. Not sure how it will play against some of the stronger bosses, though, or on TVH mode.