By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U will sell under 40 million units

I'd like to see why. So far, they seem to be making the right moves.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
I agree, no way can Wii U sell 40 mil in Japan. Not even Monster Hunter can do that. 30 mil in Japan at most. Definitely not more than 35 mil. Maybe, absolutely not more than 37 mil in Japan alone, no ifs ands or buts.

Wut?

DieAppleDie said:
Zero chances for it to sell under 50m

Anything is possible...

I would say closer to 60M. i quite confident it won't outsell the wii.

it will sell less than the ps3 and xbox 360 thats my prediction for now

Around the Network
oniyide said:
i would love to see the reasoning, no way in hell. 

I'll type it up at some point tomorrow and re-post it

man-bear-pig said:
the_dengle said:
I agree, no way can Wii U sell 40 mil in Japan. Not even Monster Hunter can do that. 30 mil in Japan at most. Definitely not more than 35 mil. Maybe, absolutely not more than 37 mil in Japan alone, no ifs ands or buts.

Wut?

I was straightforward enough. The Wii U will NOT sell 40 million units in Japan alone. Probably.

man-bear-pig said:
the_dengle said:

Wut?

He is being sarcastic in a way... He said your prediction is right, for Japan.

I think 40 million by holiday season 2014.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Salnax said:
I'd like to see why. So far, they seem to be making the right moves.

i'm basing it off of ancedocal evidence to be sure.  ..but what i'm not seeing is interest in the wii U for the "causuals" i know in my life.  "casual" in the context of this specific post means this:  owns a wii (and maybe a DS) but never bought any other video game system before.  i'm seeing no interest in anything gaming from them anymore. 

people like my mother who got a wii for wii fit but has since stopped playing.  i'm really really quite sure she's not coming back to gaming.  i just have a feeling that this (while ancedocal for sure) is going to the story for a lot of people the previously got a wii.

i don't think 40M is the right number...but a decent contraction from wii's numbers is my opinion.