By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2012-2013 Premier League

-Under construction-

Around the Network

I'm updating the thread to include a snazzy OP later.

In the meantime, ManU have agreed to sign Van Persie

By David Ornstein
BBC Sport

Manchester United have agreed a £24m deal to sign Arsenal striker Robin van Persie on a four-year contract.

The 29-year-old will meet with United in the next 48 hours to discuss personal terms and have a medical.

Arsenal captain Van Persie announced in July he would not extend his current deal, which expires in June 2013.

Read more here

Arsenal fans must be fuming.

I'm one of five Americans that likes soccer (that's what we call it over here).

I am a Manchester United fan because that's the only team in the EPL that has their games shown consistently besides for Chelsea and Liverpool and I can't stand either of them.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

For what it's worth, I support Chelsea!

MORE NEWS:

Fabrice Muamba has decided to retire from football following his heart attack on the pitch, due to advice from his doctors.

Here's the article.

Around the Network

ManU with Robin van Persie will edge out ManCity.. Chelsea Arsenal and Tottenham will battle for the CL places Liverpool will start good but will fall back around january

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

amp316 said:

I am a Manchester United fan because that's the only team in the EPL that has their games shown consistently besides for Chelsea and Liverpool and I can't stand either of them.

I'm guessing you were a United fan first before you were a Liverpool+Chelsea hater. If not, why can't you stand them?

Carl2291 said:

Going off my facebook feed, they are but there are a load of very gleeful United fans. Hoping somene sign Jack Butland but reckon he'll be at Birmingham for at least one more year (hopefully he will be their number one keeper), want to see him develop properly over the next few years into a international level player for England.

SecondWar said:
amp316 said:

I'm guessing you were a United fan first before you were a Liverpool+Chelsea hater. If not, why can't you stand them?

Carl2291 said:

Going off my facebook feed, they are but there are a load of very gleeful United fans. Hoping somene sign Jack Butland but reckon he'll be at Birmingham for at least one more year (hopefully he will be their number one keeper), want to see him develop properly over the next few years into a international level player for England.

Well being a United fan deinitely has something to do with it, but I don't care for Chelsea because they like to dive constantly from phantom fouls and Liverpool fans have the stigma for being racist (whether it's true or not).

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

If arsenal are going to receive 24m for van Persie they should be laughing all the way to the bank. Van Persie is getting old now. He's far too injury prone and last season was his peak. I can see this turning into another berbatov scenario.

thehusbo said:
If arsenal are going to receive 24m for van Persie they should be laughing all the way to the bank. Van Persie is getting old now. He's far too injury prone and last season was his peak. I can see this turning into another berbatov scenario.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.