By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2012-2013 Premier League

amp316 said:
SecondWar said:
amp316 said:
I'm one of five Americans that likes soccer (that's what we call it over here).

I am a Manchester United fan because that's the only team in the EPL that has their games shown consistently besides for Chelsea and Liverpool and I can't stand either of them.

I'm guessing you were a United fan first before you were a Liverpool+Chelsea hater. If not, why can't you stand them?

Carl2291 said:
Arsenal fans must be fuming.

Going off my facebook feed, they are but there are a load of very gleeful United fans. Hoping somene sign Jack Butland but reckon he'll be at Birmingham for at least one more year (hopefully he will be their number one keeper), want to see him develop properly over the next few years into a international level player for England.

Well being a United fan deinitely has something to do with it, but I don't care for Chelsea because they like to dive constantly from phantom fouls and Liverpool fans have the stigma for being racist (whether it's true or not).

DO NOT assume that is true of all of us. The Suarez thing was handled terribly by the manager (those t-shirts were major mistake), and Suarez defientely didn't help himself either. 

Around the Network
thehusbo said:
If arsenal are going to receive 24m for van Persie they should be laughing all the way to the bank. Van Persie is getting old now. He's far too injury prone and last season was his peak. I can see this turning into another berbatov scenario.

Van persie isn't even 30 yet and, although this may not be the case for him, many player are able to remain at the top level well into their thirties.

kowenicki said:

I would have thought most neutral fans would put Liverpool fans as the most reasonable and knowledgable in the game.

...and the loudest. The crowd noise at Liverpool games is insane

@kowen, yeah, £24m for Persie is quite ludicrous

Sorry if I offended anyone. I put whether it was true or not in parenthesis to indicate that I don't think that all Liverpool fans are racist, but that recent events do not put them in a positive light. Sorry if this wasn't clear enough.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Liverpool fan here. If we do manage to get Sahin tomorrow, I'm gonna be fairly optimistic about this season!!! Tello is also another potential

Around the Network
pezus said:
24m for Persie is quite good actually, or that's what I thought. He was by far the best player last season and I hope that will continue for at least a few seasons more. Rooney and Persie will be killer together.

With the wages, he's gonna cost 70 million. Not cheap by all means!

pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:
24m for Persie is quite good actually, or that's what I thought. He was by far the best player last season and I hope that will continue for at least a few seasons more. Rooney and Persie will be killer together.

With the wages, he's gonna cost 70 million. Not cheap by all means!

Da fuq? Sign-on fee to Persie or what? 4 year wages? Imagine how expensive Ronaldo was if we use the same formula lol.

200k a week is nothing to sniff at! One of th big problems with United's debts is the wage structure, and they're adding 10 million a year just with Van Persie

ManU got the dutchman Buttner from Vitesse....... ppppppffffffffffrrrrtttttttttt.............. Great for Buttner but wth was Ferguson smoking when he decided that... I mean he's talented but ManU is waaay out of his league

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Everton is strong, United had no chance.

kowenicki said:
NiKKoM said:
ManU got the dutchman Buttner from Vitesse....... ppppppffffffffffrrrrtttttttttt.............. Great for Buttner but wth was Ferguson smoking when he decided that... I mean he's talented but ManU is waaay out of his league

not very good then?  good to hear.

He would be a fine addition to clubs like southampton, qpr fulham etc but not the top clubs.. but hey.. if you have Fabio and Rafael anything is better

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)