By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2012-2013 Premier League

Interesting opening weekend. Usual feeling of frustration watching Arsenal. Cazorla was good, everyone else pretty bad. Walcott was muck.

I too think 24 mil is a lot for Van Persie. No-one seems to have noticed he hasn't been on top form since April. Still hurts to lose him but Song going too hurts more. It's always the ones you're not expecting, like Nasri. The Cesc move was coming but losing Nasri too was hard. Same thing here. Song was arguably our second best player last season and Wenger put a lot of work into him. 15 million seems a bit low too. Still, four good signings who should hopefully settle in well, maybe one or two more to come. I'm optimistic, for once.

Around the Network

Liverpool fan right here ;)

I live right in the middle of Liverpool and Manchester, its roughly evens between Liverpool and United supporters here (with a few City, Everton and Wigan supporters too). I can tell you right now, Liverpool supporters aren't racist, only Suarez is racist :/

Liverpool had a poor game against WBA, they had the better chances first half, but Suarez just can't put them away like Torres used too, when the goal came there wasn't much that could be done about it. Likewise once Agger went and the gave away that second penalty, it was game over, but it was good to see Brendan Rogers at least try to get a point by sending men forward... and then getting undone by the third :P

I just watched the Everton game, superb performance by the entire team today, Fellaini got the goal and he deserved it because he was the difference between the teams today, United just couldn't cope with him.

Crap results all weekend for me. I support both Bristol Rovers and Man Utd and both lost their first game.

TeddostheFireKing said:

I live right in the middle of Liverpool and Manchester, its roughly evens between Liverpool and United supporters here (with a few City, Everton and Wigan supporters too). I can tell you right now, Liverpool supporters aren't racist, only Suarez is racist :/

Liverpool had a poor game against WBA, they had the better chances first half, but Suarez just can't put them away like Torres used too, when the goal came there wasn't much that could be done about it. Likewise once Agger went and the gave away that second penalty, it was game over, but it was good to see Brendan Rogers at least try to get a point by sending men forward... and then getting undone by the third :P

I just watched the Everton game, superb performance by the entire team today, Fellaini got the goal and he deserved it because he was the difference between the teams today, United just couldn't cope with him.

I thought the 1st penalty was a bit iffy tbh, 2nd was clear cut to me, seems to be same old story for Liverpool, dominate possession but lacking that clincal finishing, if they had another finisher of the fowler calibre I'd be confident of a top 2 but as it stands I'd say top 6 would be a decent season.

You from skelmerdale by any chance? full of scousers there, I spent a weekend in Wigan last year, couldn't believe how many people wore Man U tops in wigan, laughable tbh.

kopstudent89 said:
Liverpool fan here. If we do manage to get Sahin tomorrow, I'm gonna be fairly optimistic about this season!!! Tello is also another potential

4 days on and nothing has come of it (yet). Looks more likely Sahin will go to Arsenal.

Around the Network
JazzyJeez said:
TeddostheFireKing said:

I thought the 1st penalty was a bit iffy tbh, 2nd was clear cut to me, seems to be same old story for Liverpool, dominate possession but lacking that clincal finishing, if they had another finisher of the fowler calibre I'd be confident of a top 2 but as it stands I'd say top 6 would be a decent season.

You from skelmerdale by any chance? full of scousers there, I spent a weekend in Wigan last year, couldn't believe how many people wore Man U tops in wigan, laughable tbh.

Yeah the 1st wasn't clear cut, but the second was definitely. The team struggled to change the way they played from Dalglish's knock it up to Carrol to the new Tiki Taka style and it cost us the game with those penalties imo :/

Yeah Liverpool do need another striker and winger, I'm hoping for Fernando Lorente and Gaston Ramirez, but I really doubt they're gonna happen :/

I live about 5 minutes away from Skem, but I don't like to go there much as the roundabouts annoy me to hell!

TeddostheFireKing said:
JazzyJeez said:
TeddostheFireKing said:

Yeah the 1st wasn't clear cut, but the second was definitely. The team struggled to change the way they played from Dalglish's knock it up to Carrol to the new Tiki Taka style and it cost us the game with those penalties imo :/

Yeah Liverpool do need another striker and winger, I'm hoping for Fernando Lorente and Gaston Ramirez, but I really doubt they're gonna happen :/

I live about 5 minutes away from Skem, but I don't like to go there much as the roundabouts annoy me to hell!

Second wasn't a penalty for me. If you look at it, Long takes the ball from behind Skrtel, so Skrtel didn't know about him. He then trips him up unintentionally.. it's just one of those freak incidents where it isn't a penalty, but I don't really blame the ref for that.

Anyways before the red card, it was a professional away performance. We need more clinincal finishing, but really after 2-0 down, Rodgers substituted lucas for Joe Cole. He took a risk and it didn't pay off, still brave decision and I like that from him. Too early to know where this season will take us.

Anyone else watch the Chelsea vs Reading game last night?

I only watched parts of the second half, but I thought Reading played quite well tbh, Chelsea were lucky the score line favoured them so much

I saw parts of the game. Think that Chelsea can have a very solid season.
Looking forward to Newcastle's game in Greece tonight, back in Europe where they belong!

Yeah Chelsea were very lucky. They were pretty poor from Reading's first goal until they equalised. Hazard looked good at times but I'm still not sure how they're going to include all those attacking midfielders in the same team