By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2012-2013 Premier League

See this is the problem with having separate premier league and football threads, where do I whinge on about the internationals? Anyway, England weren't terrible last night and the goal was harshly disallowed but they still made so many basic errors against average opposition. They'll be fine though, probably still top the group. Was good to have ITV coverage back too:

Tyldlsley, on seeing Welbeck go down in the box: "It's got to be, GOT TO BE!!!"
Townsend: "He's tried to stay on his feet their, he was too honest, if he'd gone down it's a penalty, our brave English lion is just too good a sportsman, unlike these terrible foreigners" (I'm paraphrasing, of course)

Tyldsley, on seeing the replay showing it to be an outrageous dive by Welbeck: "... maybe the ref got it right after all"

Maybe? Ha!

Ireland were dreadful against Kazakhstan, really appalling, and scraped a 2-1 win in the last minute against dire opponents. Embarrassing, I don't know if I can go through another two years of this shit. Trap out!

Around the Network

Great from Arsenal this week, Cazorla is phenomenal. Feel bad for Saints though, what a horrible first four fixtures. They look very weak at the back and couldn't deal with Arsenal's lack of a traditional striker. Hope they can pick it up next week

amp316 said:
I'm one of five Americans that likes soccer (that's what we call it over here).

I am a Manchester United fan because that's the only team in the EPL that has their games shown consistently besides for Chelsea and Liverpool and I can't stand either of them.

5?  Roughly 30 million of us Association Football supporters here in the states my good friend. SUre, we're fractured on leagues and all, but we are many.

Been to matches at Saint James, Old Trafford, Anfield, Villa Park, and Emirates for Prem matches.  Also saw some lower level matches while there (ex: Elland Road) so not really a favorite side in England (am a proud DC United supporter locally) but do enjoy the league over there.

In terms of matches, FSC and ESPN have tons of sides if you have cable, if not...well the internet can be a good place for streams.

On the current campaign curious if City can hold it together after last year with all those egos.  My gut says Sir Alex will grind out another title for United, but it will not be easy.

Two big top of table matches with Manchester United taking on old rivals Liverpool and reigning champions Manchester City hosting Arsenal.

So, thoughts? My gut says both blue and red sectors of Manchester will be pleased with three points.

Some great games this weekend. Well I only really say that as Saints won. :)

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Did anyone just watch Arsenal - Reading? 7-5. Jesus Christ. Came back from 4 nil. I need to lie down. One of the most exciting games I've ever seen

One of the craziest football matches I've ever witnessed! Arsenal were down 4-0 at one point and they ended up winning 7-5! :0

Turned it off at a 3 - 0 and came back to 4 - 4. WHAT THE FUCK! And then we ended up winning 7 - 5! WHAT THE FUUUCK!

WTF!! Just saw the Reading - Arsenal goals on Sky Sports. Those mugs that left at half time must feel like right...mugs.

What a game, though.

Who says the Milk...Worthington...Carling...Capital One, whatever it is now Cup is not exciting? 

Brilliant stuff, shambolic for defenders, but never the less, brilliant still.