By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sony fanboyism among moderators is getting out of hand

drkohler said:
Jumpin said:

For example, I responded in a Nintendo thread that Vita didn't have many games scheduled for this year; and I got banned for Sony bashing/trolling; no warning or anything. This post in particular (which was on page ~340 of a thread in the Nintendo forum) :

"Well, considering there's about 6 or 7 retail games scheduled for the rest of 2012 coming out for the Vita, it might be a long wait. Although, there might be officially nothing to wait for after next year."

This isn't bashing of Sony, it is a statement about the volume of titles which are being released for the Vita;

"Well, considering there's about 6 or 7 retail games" -  I see over 30 titles announced in your reference, not 6 or 7.
"there might be officially nothing to wait for after next year." - This is called pure trolling. Neither you or the source has the slightest facts

Banning is/was a hard measure but your post is completely immature, I'd have deleted it because it pure trolling without any facts.

This.

Plus don't act all innocent Jumpin. You've been calling Vita "Pita" since it was announced. I remember tons of comments by you trolling many vita related threads/ commnents on articles posted by the staff.

Around the Network

Easy fix, start trolling Nintendo instead of Sony.

zero129 said:
Jumpin said:

For example, I responded in a Nintendo thread that Vita didn't have many games scheduled for this year; and I got banned for Sony bashing/trolling; no warning or anything. This post in particular (which was on page ~340 of a thread in the Nintendo forum) :

"Well, considering there's about 6 or 7 retail games scheduled for the rest of 2012 coming out for the Vita, it might be a long wait. Although, there might be officially nothing to wait for after next year."

It's not exactly like I am lying either -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games 

This isn't bashing of Sony, it is a statement about the volume of titles which are being released for the Vita; it is a completely fair post. Somehow it got me banned because I was posting something negative about Sony and a Sony fanboy moderator happened to be skulking in the Nintendo forums where I posted it. 

Now, if this was a very sensitive board, I would understand - but clearly this board is not. Obviously these much more negative TOPICS about Nintendo, being posted right in the Nintendo forum, are not considered Nintendo bashing/trolling:

Nintendo's Screwed http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145235
Wii U CPU Weaker than Xbox 360 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145300
3DS doomed, and here's why http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145290

In other words: if the above topics are alright, then my post is alright too; and if my post isn't alright, then these above topics are definitely not alright. Pick one, you can't have it both ways, otherwise you're being hypocritical.

I'm far from the only one who has been mindlessly banned for a negative statement against Sony. Moderators need to stop treating Sony platforms as being so much more sacred than others - in this case, Nintendo (I don't really follow Microsoft) - and actually be objective for a change. That is, don't ban users simply because you don't like what information or opinion they post.

Are you sure that its that post that got you banned?

That's the one which was quoted.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

i remember the time when people got banned for saying:

"as it should be"

in response to official site numbers

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

drkohler said:
Jumpin said:

This isn't bashing of Sony, it is a statement about the volume of titles which are being released for the Vita;

"Well, considering there's about 6 or 7 retail games" -  I see over 30 titles announced in your reference, not 6 or 7.
"there might be officially nothing to wait for after next year." - This is called pure trolling. Neither you or the source has the slightest facts

Banning is/was a hard measure but your post is completely immature, I'd have deleted it because it pure trolling without any facts.

Whether you count over retail 30 games on that list scheduled for the rest of 2012 is your own business. I personally do not count nearly that many, and I don't think anyone else will either =)

Regardless, the point of my post is that people don't get banned for posting much worse about Nintendo - they don't even suffer any further moderation, not even an edit on their post, or a thread lock, let alone getting the user banned. So my question is why should Sony be made into a special case?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I can confirm that i had three one week bans for post about Sony, yet this place is full of nintendoomed posts and i don't see the mods doing anything about that, It's ok for Nintendo fans to take criticism but not the other way around.

IMO, people should get banned for not posting about MS occasionally. It just doesn't get any love/hate.

Porcupine_I said:

"as it should be"

Haha, I remember those days.

By the way everyone, that comment above was in reference to Wii numbers dropping.

People here acting like bans get thrown out due to saying anything negative about SONY really need to join the real world because that is so far from the truth around here.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Your simply stating "facts" you don't know, then trying to say that after next year either the vita or Sony won't be there. That's trolling get over it, fact is that tread has a lot of vita hate in it. Some even talked about it in the vita tread. Hop on over to the vita tread, and get informed.

Porcupine_I said:

"as it should be"

That was me. I got banned for saying PS3 > Wii, as it should be.

To see a Nintendo fan whos been here since 2009 complaining about Sony fanboyism in the moderation is brilliant. Hilarious.