By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii Sports become the biggest selling game of all time?

Mummelmann said:
If it remains bundled; yes, of course.
Cheap victory though imo, all consoles could have one game bundled should they wish too.
If WiiSports end up with monstrous sales because of bundling, it is in no way a sign of it being a tremendously popular game, it'll be a sign that you HAD to buy it to get a Wii.

yeah but smb was also bundled

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

"Wii" is a better name for many reasons, most prominent being the attention it's drawn. But that's neither here nor there.

Given Wii Sports' attach rate in Japan, and the fact that pretty much every casual player who picks up a Wii these days does it for Wii Sports, I think it's safe to assume that the game would be selling at least as well as Nintendogs does compared to DS systems in circulation, if Wii Sports weren't bundled. Probably better, actually, since Nintendogs doesn't sell the DS nearly the same way Wii Sports sells the Wii.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

@ Mummelmann
I think you've got it wrog there. A lot of people dont get to play it because they buy a wii they buy a wii to play wii sports.
Is it worth 1st place in the list? Well as Edge said 'its the greatest game you'll ever play, for about 2 hours'. The trhing is in the blue ocean that 2 hours is all the heaving masses ever needs, they dont need or want the depth that we all expect. My wife is still playing wii tennis every day (and god do I hate it)

'You should try everything once in your life except incest, homosexuality and morris dancing' - Oscar Wylde (sort of)

Wii Sports the best-selling game? Hell yeah. If it'll be bundled for another year and a half, which it will.

iconeternal said:
@ Mummelmann
I think you've got it wrog there. A lot of people dont get to play it because they buy a wii they buy a wii to play wii sports.
Is it worth 1st place in the list? Well as Edge said 'its the greatest game you'll ever play, for about 2 hours'. The trhing is in the blue ocean that 2 hours is all the heaving masses ever needs, they dont need or want the depth that we all expect. My wife is still playing wii tennis every day (and god do I hate it)

I think that without the bundle, it'd be reasonable to liken the sales to that of Wii Play, which are a little under half of Wii Sports right now.

Around the Network
brute said:
Mummelmann said:
If it remains bundled; yes, of course.
Cheap victory though imo, all consoles could have one game bundled should they wish too.
If WiiSports end up with monstrous sales because of bundling, it is in no way a sign of it being a tremendously popular game, it'll be a sign that you HAD to buy it to get a Wii.

yeah but smb was also bundled

Yes it was, but only up to a certain point (I think they stopped that in 1990, the year after I got mine). NES sold roughly 70 million, and SMB roughly 40 million I think, so that's basically 60%+ attach rate.

Top three of all time will be

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Fit

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

it will!! :P

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

yes. of corse 06/06/2009

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

If it stays bundled I think it will be the best-selling game of all time somewhere in 2009.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]