By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii Sports become the biggest selling game of all time?

This week Wii Sports overtook SMB3 on the million seller list. It is tearing up the charts with no signs of slowing down. If Nintendo continue to pack it in with every Wii console, at this rate it will be set to overtake SMB at some point next year.

Discuss.

Around the Network

It'll definitely top the million seller list on this site, but in all fairness it is cheating a bit. =P

No doubt.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Assuming it remains a pack-in (which it's likely to do, being such a huge system seller), and assuming that demand remains high (which is also likely, as it's obvious demand hasn't been met yet), it should pass SMB1's sales some time in 2009. Possibly some time this year if they ramp up production considerably, but that's not as guaranteed.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I hope they bundle Wii with something else when Wii Sports is in second place. It doesn't deserve first to be honest.

Around the Network

yes i think it will become the best selling game of all-time

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Parokki said:
It'll definitely top the million seller list on this site, but in all fairness it is cheating a bit. =P

yes,but so did super mario bros

Shissy said:
I hope they bundle Wii with something else when Wii Sports is in second place. It doesn't deserve first to be honest.

why doesnt it,wii sports is probably the biggest system seller ever(probably)

Yes, definitely and it will probably go on to sell tens of millions more.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Obviously, yes.