By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii Sports become the biggest selling game of all time?

Mummelmann said:

I think that without the bundle, it'd be reasonable to liken the sales to that of Wii Play, which are a little under half of Wii Sports right now.

If it wasn't bundled, you could argue, quite easy IMHO, that the Wii would have sold a lot less.

Around the Network

yes....wii sports was actually the best choice, to sell with wii system, i wonder if they are going to produce any wii fit packs as well, this could help a long way!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

ya unless the wii stops selling or they decide to not pack it in or pack in something else

Nothing to discuss !!!!!!
Simply yes.

Quality for Life

Same as most of you have said.

If Wii sports stays as a pack in with the Wii then yes it will become the top selling game ever. If it does not, then it will reach the top 5 and that is probably it.

Around the Network

What's a better indicator is if you sort it by Japan's numbers. Every week if jumps up a few places.

Mummelmann said:
iconeternal said:
@ Mummelmann
I think you've got it wrog there. A lot of people dont get to play it because they buy a wii they buy a wii to play wii sports.
Is it worth 1st place in the list? Well as Edge said 'its the greatest game you'll ever play, for about 2 hours'. The trhing is in the blue ocean that 2 hours is all the heaving masses ever needs, they dont need or want the depth that we all expect. My wife is still playing wii tennis every day (and god do I hate it)

I think that without the bundle, it'd be reasonable to liken the sales to that of Wii Play, which are a little under half of Wii Sports right now.

True. Although in Japan, where Wii Sports isn't bundled, Wii Sports has sold more than Wii Play. Wii Sports 2.69 m Wii Play 2.17 m

Current ranks

WW = 8
Japan = 31

Hm, at this rate all top 20 games (sorted by Japan numbers) will be from Nintendo by the end of 2008. Now it's "just" the top 10.

Edit: And it's almost the same for WW. 

Wii sports will be the best selling game even if it wasn't bundled
just look at wii sports in japan and wii play sales