By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii Sports become the biggest selling game of all time?

^^Yea but Wii Play is too bundled with controller.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:
^^Yea but Wii Play is too bundled with controller.

even though it is wii sports in japan has sold more then wii play in japan

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@killerman So is guitar hero, whats your point?

'You should try everything once in your life except incest, homosexuality and morris dancing' - Oscar Wylde (sort of)

insomniac17 said:

Why doesn't it deserve to be in first? While I admit that I am first and foremost a Sony fan, I congratulate Nintendo for the Wii. They tried a new approach and it paid off (though I think they should have left the name as Nintendo Revolution because thats exactly what it is... and I don't personally care much for the name "Wii").

Is it just me or has there been an upsurge in the number of reasonable level-headed non-troll Sony fans on this site recently?

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Top three of all time will be

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Fit

Might I add Wii Music?

Thanks 8) 

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
insomniac17 said:

Why doesn't it deserve to be in first? While I admit that I am first and foremost a Sony fan, I congratulate Nintendo for the Wii. They tried a new approach and it paid off (though I think they should have left the name as Nintendo Revolution because thats exactly what it is... and I don't personally care much for the name "Wii").

Is it just me or has there been an upsurge in the number of reasonable level-headed non-troll Sony fans on this site recently?

No, it't not you. I have this same feeling. It's kind of odd too.....

kimbo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Top three of all time will be

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Fit

Might I add Wii Music?

Thanks 8) 

and wii sports 2

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

even if they stopped bundling it right now it would probably still become the best selling game of all time. It would probably sell at a 50% attach rate WW, the attach rate would slowly go down over time but it would sell strongly for the entire life of the system. I expect 4 years from now wii sports is still in Japan's top 50, probably 20-30.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Like everyone else if it remains budled yes. Take the bundle away it still would have a chance.

iconeternal said:
@killerman So is guitar hero, whats your poin
Maybe it will sell well because it comes with almost every Wii Remote? And to compare Guitar Hero to Wii Remote doesn't make any sense to me.