By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 17th December

enrageorange said:

Fable 3 getting big sales combined with this being same price as normal 250gig 360 mean heavy bundling

Uncharted 3 getting big sales combined with this being the same price as normal 320gig PS3 means amazing sales?

Someone explain to me why the crowd that goes on and on about heavily bundled games isn't complaining about uncharted 3? Why is it if 360 fans dare praise the sales of Fable, or Forza, they get laughed at, but the uncharted series gets praise about its sales despite always getting heavily bundled from the day it comes out.

Difference is that people will buy that 360 bundle for the 3months of free xbox gold and halo reach, noone is buying it for fable. With the uncharted 3 bundle people actually want to play uncharted 3. Hence Fable 3 is piggybacking on the complete bundle, its not moving the bundle because people actually want it. Its a good way for MS to give some shine to a game that isn't that popular.

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network
Seece said:
dsage01 said:
enrageorange said:

Fable 3 getting big sales combined with this being same price as normal 250gig 360 mean heavy bundling

Uncharted 3 getting big sales combined with this being the same price as normal 320gig PS3 means amazing sales?

Someone explain to me why the crowd that goes on and on about heavily bundled games isn't complaining about uncharted 3? Why is it if 360 fans dare praise the sales of Fable, or Forza, they get laughed at, but the uncharted series gets praise about its sales despite always getting heavily bundled from the day it comes out.

Uncharted 3 is getting bundled but no where near the amount of bundling MW3, Halo CER and Mario and some other games are getting this holidays. Nevertheless these game mentioned above (MW3, Halo and Uncharted) will all sell well with our without bundles. Fable and Forza on the other hand sell like crap intially and start pounding over 200k a week a year after launch? They get either given away for free or with another super hit game. Like Fable 3/ Halo Reach.  Also the Uncharted 3 bundle is for a limited time similar to MGS4 bundle. But if you were talking about LBP I would agree with you.

Huh?? Halo CEA hasn't been bundled anywhere, Mario isn't extensivly bundled from what I know, and neither is MW3 now (all the console bundles seem to be gone according to Major Nelson on Black Friday)

I Spoke to BenVTrigger who works high up at Gamestop, and he said Uncharted 3 is doing amazing due to the bundles, but standalone, poor.

I haven't seen any Halo CEA bundles, but MW3 and Gears 3 bundles are still piled up at the best buy in downtown toronto....dont know how they have so many, ms must have really overshipped. There is an in-store deal that if you buy either bundle for $399CA you get a $75 gift card

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

MW3 passes 20.24 million copies sold on all systems in 6 weeks.

Top 5 Nintendo games all have "Mario" in the title.

Yep.

ljigga said:
enrageorange said:

Difference is that people will buy that 360 bundle for the 3months of free xbox gold and halo reach, noone is buying it for fable. With the uncharted 3 bundle people actually want to play uncharted 3. Hence Fable 3 is piggybacking on the complete bundle, its not moving the bundle because people actually want it. Its a good way for MS to give some shine to a game that isn't that popular.

Because you know all right? People that buy the bundle buy it for both games and 3 months gold to a much lesser extent. What is with the people saying the Fable series is not a popular? Fable 3 sold slightly over 3 million without bundles and Fable 2 has sold almost 4 million. It's one of the most popular WRPG series.    

Around the Network
Seece said:
dsage01 said:
enrageorange said:

Uncharted 3 is getting bundled but no where near the amount of bundling MW3, Halo CER and Mario and some other games are getting this holidays. Nevertheless these game mentioned above (MW3, Halo and Uncharted) will all sell well with our without bundles. Fable and Forza on the other hand sell like crap intially and start pounding over 200k a week a year after launch? They get either given away for free or with another super hit game. Like Fable 3/ Halo Reach.  Also the Uncharted 3 bundle is for a limited time similar to MGS4 bundle. But if you were talking about LBP I would agree with you.

Huh?? Halo CEA hasn't been bundled anywhere, Mario isn't extensivly bundled from what I know, and neither is MW3 now (all the console bundles seem to be gone according to Major Nelson on Black Friday)

I Spoke to BenVTrigger who works high up at Gamestop, and he said Uncharted 3 is doing amazing due to the bundles, but standalone, poor.

Well where I live (Toronto) Gamestop (Eb games), Wall mart and even bestbuy have plenty of Halo, Mario and MW3, Gears of War bundles. No doubt Uncharted 3 is also bundled but what exclusive game this holiday season isn't? And I understand you live in the U.K. but in the U.S.A. or Canada this is not the case. I have a buddy who works at bestbuy in the U.S.A.  (In new York) and he knows some big guys as his brother works at a high position and according to him  most big games are getting bundled and Uncharted is actually ranking fairly low in the top games that sell with bundles but is selling much more standalone copies. But then again he said most people who are buying a new PS3 are buying the UC3 bundle as its one of the most popular bundles out there. Games like Gears of War 3, Mario, Little Big Planet are the most bundled and aren't selling too great standalone but selling great with bundles. Forza, Fable and a couple other games would be dead zero even in the U.S.A. if they don't have the mass bundling they do now according to him. And for some strange reason I never asked him about Halo when I met him last time but I see a lot of bundling for this game whenever I go to any electronic stores. 

The MW3 and Gears 3 bundles are a $100 premium - they're not free games. Sony started bundling UC3 free with the 320g just a few weeks after UC3's launch and is still available everywhere (at least in the US), so UC3 fans shouldn't be bragging about sales. Ive never seen MS bundle their heavy hitters (Gears, Halo) for free 3 weeks after launch.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

dsage01 said:
Seece said:
dsage01 said:
enrageorange said:

Well where I live (Toronto) Gamestop (Eb games), Wall mart and even bestbuy have plenty of Halo, Mario and MW3, Gears of War bundles. No doubt Uncharted 3 is also bundled but what exclusive game this holiday season isn't? And I understand you live in the U.K. but in the U.S.A. or Canada this is not the case. I have a buddy who works at bestbuy in the U.S.A.  (In new York) and he knows some big guys as his brother works at a high position and according to him  most big games are getting bundled and Uncharted is actually ranking fairly low in the top games that sell with bundles but is selling much more standalone copies. But then again he said most people who are buying a new PS3 are buying the UC3 bundle as its one of the most popular bundles out there. Games like Gears of War 3, Mario, Little Big Planet are the most bundled and aren't selling too great standalone but selling great with bundles. Forza, Fable and a couple other games would be dead zero even in the U.S.A. if they don't have the mass bundling they do now according to him. And for some strange reason I never asked him about Halo when I met him last time but I see a lot of bundling for this game whenever I go to any electronic stores. 

You sir are talking out of your ass.

not sure if dsage01 is serious lol. sure forza doesn't sell like gt but it still sells good compared to other racing games and fable sales are good as well without bundles. not like cod or so but very good for rpg's. it sells as good as almost every ps3 exclusive but yeah sales are so bad for fable haha

Carl2291 said:
Top 5 Nintendo games all have "Mario" in the title.

Yep.

My most anticipated game is Mario Mario.