By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 17th December

I miss the Publishers' totals.

Around the Network

Global software numbers are finally up.

When I look at the top 11, other then the 8th spot and the bundled games, I just smh about what a game needs to sell on holiday season.

You can just put Mario on the name, make a dance game, or just release a sequel of a huge game with similar short-comings and be at the top (these games don´t suck as a rule, but the trend is dangerous IMO). I just don´t like what this gen encouraged developers and publishers to do, and it will go darker for day-to-day gamers in the future.

Skyrim still pushing huge numbers on both platforms.

U3 pushing 339k worldwide, 2nd best PS3 game, possible to make 400k next week finishing the year close to 3.5M, 0.7M more then what U2 sold in 2009 in 3 more weeks.

Surprised Zelda SS is below Skyrim (PS3) and U3

Don´t know how NBA 2k12 is pushing numbers, one of the most disappointing games of the year, specially coming from 2k sports that build a great relationship with the community with a game that made a "madden" jump from last year and in some things it went backwards.

Remember the time when a lot of people said that Gears was going big time on us, I think I am not alone in thinking that the fact that it doesn´t show on the top 40 in the Holiday season is a disappointment.

Hardware was already discussed

Just my opinion

amaral_slb said:

When I look at the top 11, other then the 8th spot and the bundled games, I just smh about what a game needs to sell on holiday season.

You can just put Mario on the name, make a dance game, or just release a sequel of a huge game with similar short-comings and be at the top (these games don´t suck as a rule, but the trend is dangerous IMO). I just don´t like what this gen encouraged developers and publishers to do, and it will go darker for day-to-day gamers in the future.

U3 pushing 339k worldwide, 2nd best PS3 game, possible to make 400k next week finishing the year close to 3.5M, 0.7M more then what U2 sold in 2009 in 3 more weeks.

Don´t know how NBA 2k12 is pushing numbers, one of the most disappointing games of the year, specially coming from 2k sports that build a great relationship with the community with a game that made a "madden" jump from last year and in some things it went backwards.

Remember the time when a lot of people said that Gears was going big time on us, I think I am not alone in thinking that the fact that it doesn´t show on the top 40 in the Holiday season is a disappointment.

Just my opinion

I take it you were including U3 in your opinions

I cannot remember a single holiday season where all the home consoles were on par like they are now. The difference between the X360 and the PS3 is roughly 250k. And great software sales across the board, especially MW3 and Just Dance 3.

amaral_slb said:

Just my opinion

NBA2K12 is selling for a new low price i think 39.99 msrp from 59.99

Around the Network

Fable 3 getting big sales combined with this being same price as normal 250gig 360 mean heavy bundling

Uncharted 3 getting big sales combined with this being the same price as normal 320gig PS3 means amazing sales?

Someone explain to me why the crowd that goes on and on about heavily bundled games isn't complaining about uncharted 3? Why is it if 360 fans dare praise the sales of Fable, or Forza, they get laughed at, but the uncharted series gets praise about its sales despite always getting heavily bundled from the day it comes out.

enrageorange said:

Fable 3 getting big sales combined with this being same price as normal 250gig 360 mean heavy bundling

Uncharted 3 getting big sales combined with this being the same price as normal 320gig PS3 means amazing sales?

Someone explain to me why the crowd that goes on and on about heavily bundled games isn't complaining about uncharted 3? Why is it if 360 fans dare praise the sales of Fable, or Forza, they get laughed at, but the uncharted series gets praise about its sales despite always getting heavily bundled from the day it comes out.

Uncharted 3 is getting bundled but no where near the amount of bundling MW3, Halo CER and Mario and some other games are getting this holidays. Nevertheless these game mentioned above (MW3, Halo and Uncharted) will all sell well with our without bundles. Fable and Forza on the other hand sell like crap intially and start pounding over 200k a week a year after launch? They get either given away for free or with another super hit game. Like Fable 3/ Halo Reach.  Also the Uncharted 3 bundle is for a limited time similar to MGS4 bundle. But if you were talking about LBP I would agree with you.

dsage01 said:
enrageorange said:

Uncharted 3 is getting bundled but no where near the amount of bundling MW3, Halo CER and Mario and some other games are getting this holidays. Nevertheless these game mentioned above (MW3, Halo and Uncharted) will all sell well with our without bundles. Fable and Forza on the other hand sell like crap intially and start pounding over 200k a week a year after launch? They get either given away for free or with another super hit game. Like Fable 3/ Halo Reach.  Also the Uncharted 3 bundle is for a limited time similar to MGS4 bundle. But if you were talking about LBP I would agree with you.

Fable and forza dont initia;;y sell like crap what are you talking about?

dsage01 said:
enrageorange said:

Huh?? Halo CEA hasn't been bundled anywhere, Mario isn't extensivly bundled from what I know, and neither is MW3 now (all the console bundles seem to be gone according to Major Nelson on Black Friday)

I Spoke to BenVTrigger who works high up at Gamestop, and he said Uncharted 3 is doing amazing due to the bundles, but standalone, poor.

dsage01 said:
enrageorange said:

Actually, Uncharted was being heavily bundled just as much as any of those games.