By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 17th December

Galaki said:

My most anticipated game is Mario Mario.

You play as Mario, using a UPad to play a Mario game.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Galaki said:

My most anticipated game is Mario Mario.

You play as Mario, using a UPad to play a Mario game.

100 million FW!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Seece said:
VGKing said:
Seece said:
It's impossible to be overtracking PS3, all the staff here are Ninty/Microsoft fanboys, stooopid.

Its funny because you are part of the staff :D

It's funny cos it's some bullshit conspiracy theory by Sony fans on the site.

Are you saying you're don't prefer the Xbox 360?

You're "Currently Playing" games are all Xbox 360.....
That guy with the Trunks avatar also prefers Xbox 360. He's a writer I believe.

I'm not saying its a bad thing, but just don't say its not true because there is substaintail evidene to support these peoples claims :D

thismeintiel said:
thx1139 said:
thismeintiel said:
thx1139 said:

I for one dont think anyone stuffs the channels.  How people think Sony, MS, Nintendo force retailers to order is beyond me.  Retailers order when they need product, yes they may be incented to purchase extra based on a deal made by the manufacturer.  Still no product is shipped that retailers dont think helps with the bottom line and cash flow.

Exactly.  I mean you can get away with maybe one quarter of stuffing the channel using special offers.  But after that, stores are not going to have thousands upond thousands of your product just laying around in their warehouses, just so you can have an impressive shipment number.

So why are Sony fans certain that Sony will outship the 360 when this quarter the 360 will have outsold the PS3 by over 1 million units?

That would due to undertracking.  We have pretty good checks in place for the places the 360 sells well (and not well for Japan) with NPD and Media Create.  I believe there is also a tracking service that includes the UK, though I could be wrong.  With the PS3, however, there isn't such a service for some of the regions it sells well in, EMEAA.  So, VGC has to use shipment data to adjust its numbers for those territories.  Many PS3 fans feel that when shipment numbers come out it will show the PS3 is again undertracked in those regions.  It seems like it usually is during the holiday season.  At least for the few years I've been here.

This all started with someone claiming it was the 360 fans claiming undertracked undertracked. Bam the PS3 fans jump in when you mention that they think the PS3 is going to ship less in a quarter that the 360 outsells it by over 1 million. Comical really.  I will say it again.  Last year the PS3 was undertracked by 3,700 units the last quarter of 2010.  Wow VGC is really undertracking the PS3.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

dsage01 said:
Seece said:

Huh?? Halo CEA hasn't been bundled anywhere, Mario isn't extensivly bundled from what I know, and neither is MW3 now (all the console bundles seem to be gone according to Major Nelson on Black Friday)

I Spoke to BenVTrigger who works high up at Gamestop, and he said Uncharted 3 is doing amazing due to the bundles, but standalone, poor.

Well where I live (Toronto) Gamestop (Eb games), Wall mart and even bestbuy have plenty of Halo, Mario and MW3, Gears of War bundles. No doubt Uncharted 3 is also bundled but what exclusive game this holiday season isn't? And I understand you live in the U.K. but in the U.S.A. or Canada this is not the case. I have a buddy who works at bestbuy in the U.S.A.  (In new York) and he knows some big guys as his brother works at a high position and according to him  most big games are getting bundled and Uncharted is actually ranking fairly low in the top games that sell with bundles but is selling much more standalone copies. But then again he said most people who are buying a new PS3 are buying the UC3 bundle as its one of the most popular bundles out there. Games like Gears of War 3, Mario, Little Big Planet are the most bundled and aren't selling too great standalone but selling great with bundles. Forza, Fable and a couple other games would be dead zero even in the U.S.A. if they don't have the mass bundling they do now according to him. And for some strange reason I never asked him about Halo when I met him last time but I see a lot of bundling for this game whenever I go to any electronic stores. 

I wanted to put the picture of the famous movie actor looking over a newspaper not amused but I couldn't find it so I had to settle for the next best thing.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
enrageorange said:

Fable 3 getting big sales combined with this being same price as normal 250gig 360 mean heavy bundling

Uncharted 3 getting big sales combined with this being the same price as normal 320gig PS3 means amazing sales?

Someone explain to me why the crowd that goes on and on about heavily bundled games isn't complaining about uncharted 3? Why is it if 360 fans dare praise the sales of Fable, or Forza, they get laughed at, but the uncharted series gets praise about its sales despite always getting heavily bundled from the day it comes out.

Uncharted 3 is getting bundled but no where near the amount of bundling MW3, Halo CER and Mario and some other games are getting this holidays. Nevertheless these game mentioned above (MW3, Halo and Uncharted) will all sell well with our without bundles. Fable and Forza on the other hand sell like crap intially and start pounding over 200k a week a year after launch? They get either given away for free or with another super hit game. Like Fable 3/ Halo Reach.  Also the Uncharted 3 bundle is for a limited time similar to MGS4 bundle. But if you were talking about LBP I would agree with you.

Joke post? Both Fable II and Fable III sold over a million copies in their first week. What is this revisionist history you're writing?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

enrageorange said:

Fable 3 getting big sales combined with this being same price as normal 250gig 360 mean heavy bundling

Uncharted 3 getting big sales combined with this being the same price as normal 320gig PS3 means amazing sales?

Someone explain to me why the crowd that goes on and on about heavily bundled games isn't complaining about uncharted 3? Why is it if 360 fans dare praise the sales of Fable, or Forza, they get laughed at, but the uncharted series gets praise about its sales despite always getting heavily bundled from the day it comes out.

That's what I want to know why as well. Fable games sales great on their own it's bigger than the Uncharted franchise. Just look at Fable 3 it sold over 3 million before it was bundled with the holiday bundle how are those sales not great. Yet Uncharted isn't that big they only sell so much because of heavy heavy bundleling Uncharted 2 is the probably the most bundled PS3 exclusive out their. Uncharted 3 looks to continue the trend but yet people praise it's sales and don't take into account that those games would most likely not sell anywhere near what they sell if it weren't for the bundleling.

dsage01 said:

Well where I live (Toronto) Gamestop (Eb games), Wall mart and even bestbuy have plenty of Halo, Mario and MW3, Gears of War bundles. No doubt Uncharted 3 is also bundled but what exclusive game this holiday season isn't? And I understand you live in the U.K. but in the U.S.A. or Canada this is not the case. I have a buddy who works at bestbuy in the U.S.A.  (In new York) and he knows some big guys as his brother works at a high position and according to him  most big games are getting bundled and Uncharted is actually ranking fairly low in the top games that sell with bundles but is selling much more standalone copies. But then again he said most people who are buying a new PS3 are buying the UC3 bundle as its one of the most popular bundles out there. Games like Gears of War 3, Mario, Little Big Planet are the most bundled and aren't selling too great standalone but selling great with bundles. Forza, Fable and a couple other games would be dead zero even in the U.S.A. if they don't have the mass bundling they do now according to him. And for some strange reason I never asked him about Halo when I met him last time but I see a lot of bundling for this game whenever I go to any electronic stores. 

Where do you get your information do you just make most of this stuff?? Saying you have a friend who knows a friend who knows another friend isn't really reliable I can do the same thing. Gears 3 isn't being heavily bundled what are you talking about their was a limited edition xbox 360 bundle of it when it first came out same with Modern Warfare 3 but I'm guessing those sales make up very little of it's sales since they are overpriced over $400 or more. For me what equals heavily bundleling is when a game is included with the console at it's regular price practically giving it away which neither Gears 3, MW3, Forza 4 or Halo CEA are doing.

thx1139 said:
thismeintiel said:

That would due to undertracking.  We have pretty good checks in place for the places the 360 sells well (and not well for Japan) with NPD and Media Create.  I believe there is also a tracking service that includes the UK, though I could be wrong.  With the PS3, however, there isn't such a service for some of the regions it sells well in, EMEAA.  So, VGC has to use shipment data to adjust its numbers for those territories.  Many PS3 fans feel that when shipment numbers come out it will show the PS3 is again undertracked in those regions.  It seems like it usually is during the holiday season.  At least for the few years I've been here.

This all started with someone claiming it was the 360 fans claiming undertracked undertracked. Bam the PS3 fans jump in when you mention that they think the PS3 is going to ship less in a quarter that the 360 outsells it by over 1 million. Comical really.  I will say it again.  Last year the PS3 was undertracked by 3,700 units the last quarter of 2010.  Wow VGC is really undertracking the PS3.

You sure it wasn't by more than that?  Maybe I'm thinking of another year.  Have links to show that?

blue7x7 said:
dsage01 said:

Where do you get your information do you just make most of this stuff?? Saying you have a friend who knows a friend who knows another friend isn't really reliable I can do the same thing. Gears 3 isn't being heavily bundled what are you talking about their was a limited edition xbox 360 bundle of it when it first came out same with Modern Warfare 3 but I'm guessing those sales make up very little of it's sales since they are overpriced over $400 or more. For me what equals heavily bundleling is when a game is included with the console at it's regular price practically giving it away which neither Gears 3, MW3, Forza 4 or Halo CEA are doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_world_experiment

they did an experiment like this few years ago with new ways and the result was that you know everyone on this planet over 6,6 "corners" (no clue how to say in english). so if you know some people, these know some who know some...and after doing it 6,6 times you know the whole world^^