By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 17th December

thismeintiel said:
thx1139 said:
thismeintiel said:

That would due to undertracking.  We have pretty good checks in place for the places the 360 sells well (and not well for Japan) with NPD and Media Create.  I believe there is also a tracking service that includes the UK, though I could be wrong.  With the PS3, however, there isn't such a service for some of the regions it sells well in, EMEAA.  So, VGC has to use shipment data to adjust its numbers for those territories.  Many PS3 fans feel that when shipment numbers come out it will show the PS3 is again undertracked in those regions.  It seems like it usually is during the holiday season.  At least for the few years I've been here.

This all started with someone claiming it was the 360 fans claiming undertracked undertracked. Bam the PS3 fans jump in when you mention that they think the PS3 is going to ship less in a quarter that the 360 outsells it by over 1 million. Comical really.  I will say it again.  Last year the PS3 was undertracked by 3,700 units the last quarter of 2010.  Wow VGC is really undertracking the PS3.

You sure it wasn't by more than that?  Maybe I'm thinking of another year.  Have links to show that?

better to just wait for official data. has everyone already forgotten last year with move? vgchartz had 360 outselling ps3 for months only to completely reverse that after official data.

Around the Network

i hope all three sell double the amount we think about^^

No announcement article about Xbox 360 passing the NES Worldwide ?

Ps3 doing excellent even at a higher price. Uncharted 3 showing good legs and 360 continuing to impress!!

VGKing said:
Seece said:
VGKing said:
Seece said:
It's impossible to be overtracking PS3, all the staff here are Ninty/Microsoft fanboys, stooopid.

Its funny because you are part of the staff :D

It's funny cos it's some bullshit conspiracy theory by Sony fans on the site.

Are you saying you're don't prefer the Xbox 360?

You're "Currently Playing" games are all Xbox 360.....
That guy with the Trunks avatar also prefers Xbox 360. He's a writer I believe.

I'm not saying its a bad thing, but just don't say its not true because there is substaintail evidene to support these peoples claims :D

Seece does prefer X360. He means that there's no conspiracy to undertrack everything PS3. 

It's the general US and UK populations that are conspiring.

Around the Network

You can't rule out the possibility that all consoles are still under-tracked which ascertains to the fact that all three major home consoles sold above 1 million.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/329858/annual-ps3-sales-slightly-ahead-of-target/. Guess all the credibility can't be given to the source, but they claim lifetime sales of PS3 were within 1.3 million units of catching 360 in November. So according to current sales data posted, there are more doubts now that Ps3 sales are indeed under-tracked. With just couple of weeks that showed higher boost for 360(in excess of 150K) and the current gap, doubts arise again....

under-tracked PS3 sales and over-tracked 360 sales on VGC are a notoriously known fact... VGC will once again, as each year, adjust their sales data in favor of PS3.

Why is it that 360 USA>>>>>Americas when it comes to sales? that is impossible

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

GameAnalyser said:
Ps3 doing excellent even at a higher price. Uncharted 3 showing good legs and 360 continuing to impress!!

thanks 2 bundling