By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 17th December

What else would they buy it for? There is no extra controller or another game moving the bundle. If they just wanted a ps3 they could buy the 160gb version for $250 and use that $50 difference to buy a game they actually want. I guess maybe they just wanted to save $10 and get all that extra HD space that they wont use?

If by under selling you mean its sales are projecting ahead of any game in the franchise then, yup.

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network

People buy bundles for the value of getting a game and the system at the cost of just the system.

Companies use bundling to get people to try product that they might not try unless getting it for free.

Using a strong brand to make another strong brand. Also used to make a brand stronger. Uncharted is seen as the poster boy franchise of the PS3, bundling the most recent game with it improves the chances of making that poster even bigger.

Just drop it. Fable and Uncharted are both strong franchises! They both sell systems and Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo bundle to give people no reason not to buy their systems/products.

There fight over. Stop being stupid. Sony and Microsoft are doing the same thing that has been done for decades. It's nothing new. MOVE ON!

ljigga said:
smroadkill15 said:
ljigga said:
smroadkill15 said:
ljigga said:
enrageorange said:

Fable 3 getting big sales combined with this being same price as normal 250gig 360 mean heavy bundling

Uncharted 3 getting big sales combined with this being the same price as normal 320gig PS3 means amazing sales?

Someone explain to me why the crowd that goes on and on about heavily bundled games isn't complaining about uncharted 3? Why is it if 360 fans dare praise the sales of Fable, or Forza, they get laughed at, but the uncharted series gets praise about its sales despite always getting heavily bundled from the day it comes out.

Difference is that people will buy that 360 bundle for the 3months of free xbox gold and halo reach, noone is buying it for fable. With the uncharted 3 bundle people actually want to play uncharted 3. Hence Fable 3 is piggybacking on the complete bundle, its not moving the bundle because people actually want it. Its a good way for MS to give some shine to a game that isn't that popular.

Because you know all right? People that buy the bundle buy it for both games and 3 months gold to a much lesser extent. What is with the people saying the Fable series is not a popular? Fable 3 sold slightly over 3 million without bundles and Fable 2 has sold almost 4 million. It's one of the most popular WRPG series.    

Nobody is buying that bundle for Fable 3 dont lie to yourself. Fable 3 has been bundled for a long time and Fable 2 sales are pretty much all due to excessive bundling.

Neither Fable II (~880k) or III (~900k) sold over a million copies in the first week so stop drinking that MS juice. Unless we round up by hundreds of thousands now a days for MS exclusives.

MW3 and Gears 3 are bundled, the $100 premium is for the extra controller and the custom paint job etc. To tell me that the game is not discounted in that bundle is foolish. 

MS kids just stop it....stop it

So can you give me solid evidence folks are not buying the bundle for both games, but just Reach? I have a very strong feeling that your just talking out your ass. Your acting like most of Fables sales are from bundles, which is complete crap. Fable 2 was bundled slightly with Halo 3 for a very short while during spring.

What does week 1 sales have to do with anything? So if a game doesn't sell over a million the first week it has crap sales. Well then 95% of ps3 exclusives would be in this category.

Fable 3 sold slightly over 3 million before the bundles and Fable 2 has 3.99 million. Nothing crappy about that. Stop being a hater and accept the fact Fable is a very big franchise, and sells on it's own. Obviously not as big as Halo, but how many franchises are? Fable 3 would have hit 4 million on it's own anyway. 

There is a reason this game is bundled with a Halo game. If you cant figure it out then God help you.

My week 1 comment was in response to someone who claimed that Fable 2 and 3 sold well over 1 million in the first week. I understand that games have legs and first week sales dont really mean much in terms of lifetime with particular IP's. That 95% number is hilarious though, I am assuming you have solid evidence for that right.

Fable 3 sales piggyback off of Halo and bundling. Stand alone it would not sell this well. If you believe it would put up the numbers it has in the past few weeks if it wasn't bundled, then again I say God help you. 

There are several reasons it was bundled with Halo. One, it's a MS IP so it was a logical choice to bundle with. Two, Both Reach and Fable released last Fall so their both bundled together this time. Third, Obviously to boost sales and create a bigger fanbase.

Obviously 95% was just a guesstimate, but to my knowledge the only Ps3 exclusives that sold over a million there first week was UC3 and GT5. If there are other my opology. If you weren't aware I was actually defending the Ps3 with that statement because I believe the main consensus about most Ps3 exclusives is they don't have huge first weeks, but do have pretty good legs.

Really? Fable 3 wouldn't be selling this well without the bundles? sarcasm/  Even if Halo Reach wasn't included with the bundles and it was some other game with Fable 3 it would still have damn near the same numbers it's having now.

Agree to disagree

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Tridrakious said:
We going to get new numbers this week? Or do we wait til the first week of 2012 for those numbers?

Ya monday hopefully

Around the Network
Seece said:
Tridrakious said:
We going to get new numbers this week? Or do we wait til the first week of 2012 for those numbers?

Ya monday hopefully

Will ioi and Co. take so short to sober up after New Year's Eve?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seece said:
Tridrakious said:

Ya monday hopefully

I see the numbers are up. Was gone for a couple days. Vita is 25k-30k units higher than prelim. numbers. That's still not good final total for the week, but still better.

Oops, double post...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

If the rumours about PSV sold out in HK are true, we all perfectly know a possible explanation for PSV low 2nd week numbers, but I won't name it fully, just its first 3 letters: "und"... And that the shitstorm begin!