By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who got Ocarina of Time 3D? Impressions?

Tagged games:

It took me roughly 15 hours. That said, I solved most of the puzzles and mysteries fairly quickly due to my previous playthroughs both on the N64 and Gamecube.

Around the Network

anyone else finish the game yet other than sphinx. I'm at the spirit temple right now with a lot of exploring in between

I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure all of my worries will disappear once I fire the game up but I was always under the impression that any and all N64 games were do-able on the original DS hardware--with upgraded visuals. I don't really like the idea of Nintendo saving the game to sell there new, expensive hardware........but I'll be damned if it didn't work!! I got my 3DS and this game a couple of hours ago. I'm going to dive into it later tonight (or tomorrow).

I didn't actually play OoT until 2003.

You can run and gyro at the same time :D Source

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Galaki said:
-Newcloud- said:
I want to like it so much but everytime I get into it I just get lost, the game doesnt really tell me where or what to do or go I must of used a walkthrough like 10 time and I dont like doing that, the combat is desent but useless I just run past everything unless I have fight them to get into a room or something.

Navi do tell you what you need to do next, at least, it is so for me thus far.

Also, there's the stone in front of your treehouse that give you more hints as to what exactly what to do next.

Yeah, there's absolutely 100% no reason whatsoever to ever, ever not be able to figure out what to do next. The game makes it impossible to get lost. It's the easiest game ever with what they give you.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

You can run and gyro at the same time :D Source

So awesome it has to be quoted.

That's why I love Nintendo. It's all about the little details.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

As somebody whose never completed the game, I was quite impressed. The graphics did not show off much of the 3DS's power, but are very true to the original's art style while being technically much more advanced. The 3D effect is good, though largely unnecessary, meaning that I often switch it on during particular sections where the depth is appreciated. Much more impressive are the motion controls for shooting projectile weapons. I never want to have to use just an analog stick for that again. Likewise, the touchscreen is a huge help. Basically, you sacrifice one of the C buttons for easily accessible Ocarina and two additional item buttons, which are very convenient. The easily accessible menus also work splendidly.

In conclusion, the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time eliminates the wrinkles from a 13 year old game while remaining extremely true to the original. The lack of new dungeons, items, etc, may be a bummer for some, but if you want to play Ocarina of Time for the 1st time, or want to revisit an old memory and feel as fresh as ever, this is about as close to perfect as you can get.

Love and tolerate.

Euphoria14 said:
blkfish92 said:

.....I really wish the 3ds wasn't 250 as I want to get it for ocarina, but 250 is an ouch.

I'm in the same exact boat as you pal. I want to play this, especially to try it out in 3D but I don't want to go out and spend ~$300 right now in order to play it.

I am still hoping sales do fairly poorly, that way the 3DS gets a substantial price cut. Then I can buy one.

Hopeful thinking, all we can do is hope.

But hoping that it does poorly is not good. Poor sales lead to less games developed = not good.
I hope it'll sell well. And at some point there will surely be a price cut, too.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
But hoping that it does poorly is not good. Poor sales lead to less games developed = not good.
I hope it'll sell well. And at some point there will surely be a price cut, too.

Hoping it does poorly is good. By having that happen Nintendo won't go ahead and continue charging $250 for a product that costs them no more than $100-120 to make. Not to mention couple that very high price with barely more than ports of old console titles.

If sales exploded right off the bat you know what would happen next time? Of course what would happen is exactly what happened this time. They would once again think to themselves (Not to mention outloud once again...) "Hmmm, judging by sales maybe we didn't charge enough." and next thing you know BAM! $300+ handhelds.

Poor sales don't necessarily lead to less games developed. 

It Sony's case it lead to a company pulling it's head from it's ass and getting it's shit together and spoiling us with more games!

Don't get me started on NoA's line of thinking, lol.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!