By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who got Ocarina of Time 3D? Impressions?

Tagged games:

I did, day one, 3D affects suck me in and it's like playing a different game, I love how you can aim the slingshot, hookshot ect by moving the 3DS system around.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:

.....I really wish the 3ds wasn't 250 as I want to get it for ocarina, but 250 is an ouch.

I'm in the same exact boat as you pal. I want to play this, especially to try it out in 3D but I don't want to go out and spend ~$300 right now in order to play it.

I am still hoping sales do fairly poorly, that way the 3DS gets a substantial price cut. Then I can buy one.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Nothing game-breaking yet. I do wish the Master Quest was available right off the bat. I bought the game specifically for the higher difficulty.

I want to like it so much but everytime I get into it I just get lost, the game doesnt really tell me where or what to do or go I must of used a walkthrough like 10 time and I dont like doing that, the combat is desent but useless I just run past everything unless I have fight them to get into a room or something.

-Newcloud- said:
I want to like it so much but everytime I get into it I just get lost, the game doesnt really tell me where or what to do or go I must of used a walkthrough like 10 time and I dont like doing that, the combat is desent but useless I just run past everything unless I have fight them to get into a room or something.

Navi do tell you what you need to do next, at least, it is so for me thus far.

Also, there's the stone in front of your treehouse that give you more hints as to what exactly what to do next.

Around the Network

I still haven't purchased a 3DS but I gotta say this game alone has me dangerously close to buying one.

I only played through Ocarina of Time once when it first came out and to this day it remains easily one of the greatest experiences I have ever had with a game.

Since its been so long since I've played the original do you guys think there's any chance that replaying it for only the first time since its original release it can recapture that magic for me again?

BenVTrigger said:

Since its been so long since I've played the original do you guys think there's any chance that replaying it for only the first time since its original release it can recapture that magic for me again?

13 years is a very long time.

Galaki said:
BenVTrigger said:

13 years is a very long time.

Yeah I know its been so long I've forgotten much of the game but that feeling I had originally playing it was priceless.  I'm just worried that replaying it after this long might actually change my memories of the game a bit since I'm not sure how its held up over the years.  I really hope its still as fantastic as I remember it being.

Wow, this game really does hold up surprisingly well. I already completed the game, and I most definitely thoroughly enjoyed it. The game is of course not as mesmerizing as it was back in the day, but it's by far the best handheld experience I've ever experienced.

how long does this game take to beat?

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D