By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who got Ocarina of Time 3D? Impressions?

Tagged games:

menx64 said:

I have one, does it have multiple save files?

Around the Network
Galaki said:
menx64 said:

I have one, does it have multiple save files?

Thx, multiple files FTW!!!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

This game is amazing. The combat is harder and more interesting than Twilight Princess (though the boss battles seem to be easier). The 3D looks absolutely gorgeous, much better than Pilot Wings or Street Fighter (the games I bought before this one). The reviews that complain that the shoulder buttons are hard to hit are shens, I have no trouble with L targeting or R shielding. I'm still not completely used to circle slider compared to a real stick, but I'm getting there. This game is practically worth the 3DS price on its own.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

I have a confession: I never liked the original Ocarina of Time. I felt it was pretty overrated, and I felt it was just a stepping stone between the Zelda game that established the style (Link to the Past), and the later, ideal games (Wind Waker and Twilight Princess). that and Majoras Mask were both...unimpressive. I hated the N64, so I have a bias against all games on the system for two reasons: bad controls and shoddy production values (seriously, I knew when I was 10 years old that Zelda and Mario looked and played bad as hell on the N64, and my opinion hasn't changed in 15 years).

That said, Ocarina of Time 3D fixes those two issues VERY well. The controls are smoothe, nearly perfect, and the graphics are greatly improved, not just with the 3D, but the actual graphics without 3D support are much better than it was on the N64. I may actually finally finish this game for once!

Also: master quest is something I look forward to!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

can't wait to play this game. this christmas i'm buying my little cousin a 3ds and some games and this is gonna be one of them

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Around the Network

haven't played the game before, and the game is a masterpiece, first 3DS much-have game

also, the graphics looks surprisingly great when you have the 3D on, even in low 3D settings, it's a real 3D game and the 3D really adds to the game

gameplay is amazing as always

btw, if you have the 3D at full, i think it's a bit too 3D, i mean having it in the middle is just perfect, this is the most 3Dish thing i've seen on the 3DS, and because it's too 3D it's a bit hard to keep the 3DS at the perfect angle to view the picture perfectly, so having it about in the middle is still as 3D as the 3DS menu or other 3DS games at max setting and makes the image look awesome from more angles, at least for my eyes

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Got it on the 19th. I havent played it since my N64. Although I beat the game several times on the 64, with the 3D on it feels like an entirely new game. On my 3DS I've had Splinter Cell, Madden, and Super Street Fighter 4. This is the first game I play with the 3D on rather than off. It really shows off the system and the 3D effects are great.

Galaki said:
It feels a lot like staring into a window when you barely woke up and trying to focus, though.
It would be nice once we get glassesless on bigscreen TV.

I need to find a way to record myself while playing to see if my eyes cross, lol.

Haha yeah that would be fun to see.

Sit next to your laptop or computer if any of them has a cam :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I got it yesterday and haven't been able to stop. Totally a masterpiece.
And best of all i was able to register my copy at Club Nintendo :D

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Galaki said:
It feels a lot like staring into a window when you barely woke up and trying to focus, though.
It would be nice once we get glassesless on bigscreen TV. 

There are a few companies prototyping that with the MIT technique. MIT lab found a way to get glassesless 3D with multiple simultaneous people / viewing angles, a few companies have prototype screens running now. I can't wait to try that with PS3 / nVidia 3D Vision.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)