By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Explain to me how PS3 and Wii had better E3 than 360

xshade92 said:
If you want to compare consoles it should be a chart made of 2+ years of the games(Actual games not sales....)!

Oh, and by the way, this community makes it really hard to get into the conversation, so much flaming, bitching, and trolling... Just saying

I agree. Unless you want to get in a long ass stupid debate over 1 game, you have to keep comments short....

I can't do that

When you say 2 Plus years, what do you mean? I don't think MS or Sony have announced any 2013 titles.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Gojimaster said:
Are you guys even that excited about Halo 4 after the disappointment that was Halo Reach?

Halo Reach was no disappointment. And, by that logic, no one should be excited for PSV after the disappointment PSP was.

Anyway, i agree with the OP. Xbox 360 had the best games of the 3.

You have hardly touched Halo Reach

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=irkenkats&sg=0

You played less than 5 hours in multiplayer and that is including competetive/invasion/Firefight and Arena..

And you have two achievements for Halo 3 destroy a vehicle and finish the first mission....

You only played the first mission of Halo 3......and didn't do much in Halo Reach either...how can you even compare them and call it a dissapointment or not...

This is really a big gripe I have with the MS community on Vgchartz...  Hyping up Halo 4/Halo HD: Anniversary like it is best game ever....while most of those people hardly play the other games..

This is really sad.

Pwned.

Just going to give my input, I have 1,400/1,400 on Halo: Reach, over 1,600/1,750 on Halo 3, and 905/1,000 on ODST. Reach was not a disappointment. Although the gameplay was very similar to Halo 3, the overall story direction was much better and very very different. I actually cared about where I went for each mission, which is something I almost never do for a FPS.

Multiplayer is also addictive as hell with amazing Firefight, and commedations. Also Bungie spice things up with new game modes every month.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

S.T.A.G.E. said:
smroadkill15 said:
Being a Kinect owner and Halo fanboy I enjoyed MS conference more than both Sony and Nintendo. I would completely understand why someone would hate the conference if they are not into halo and/or don't own a Kinect. The only thing MS disappointed me with was there was a lack of games they could have showed off to make there conference even better like...

Witcher 2
Crimson Alliance
Summer of arcade montage
The Gunstringer
Mrs. Splosion man
Rise of Nightmares
BloodForge

It's not that MS has a lack of games, because if you add this list to the previous one that's a damn fine list of games. It's that they didn't show off all the right games at their conference.

They should have cut the tomb raider demo, Cut the Sesame street and Disney demo because all were unneeded. Add all the games I mentioned and peoples judgement would have changed dramatically.

The Witcher 2 was the only game there that caught my eye. What are the other games again? I know for sure Mrs. Splosion man is an arcade game, so really it doesnt count against Sony's exclusives at all.

Just because you ignore upcoming 360 exclusives, doesn't mean they aren't worth getting excited for.

Add Project Draco, MechWarrior and Steel Batallion to that list. Panzer Dragoon is probably Sega's best franchise, and giant mech battles, yes please!

Also Splosion Man is probably the best Arcade game made. I rarely buy arcade games, skipped on LIMBO and Braid, but Splosion Man, damn that's just too good to miss. The only other Arcade game I can think of that is possibly better is Shadow Complex, or Wipeout HD, and then it's a matter of preference.

Also, this is BloodForge, a supposed AAA 360 exclusive for 2012.

thx1139 said:

I am talking about everything that went on at E3 not just the press conferences.

OK so I was on vacation last week and only paid partial attention to E3. I have watched the MS E3 presentation and seen many of the other 360 announcements made by MS and others post the presentation.  If it wasnt shown, but we know its coming I will not mention it. I wont mention multiplatform (I dont mean what may show up on PC) even if they have console specific features.

So what did I miss?  

What did you miss?  The SINGLE most important differentiator, that being the release of new hardware.  Sony announced the Vita, and a price point that looks competitive, and Nintendo pretty much has dominated post E3 talk with the U.  How could you miss not discussing hardware?  That was pretty big.

thx1139 said:
morenoingrato said:
PS3, dunno, I'm not a PS3 owner, but the line-up looks amazing.
Wii? Hell NO!
Nintendo, overall had a better conference than Microsoft, for 3DS's amazing line-up and WiiU, but Wii sucked too hard.

But 360 doesnt compete against 3DS or Vita so dont really care. I for one have stopped playing games on handhelds and so have my children.  Really think mobile gaming is moving to smartphones, but that is another topic.  I dont understand the PS3 lineup looks amazing. If it doesn than the 360 lineup looks f@$#ing fantastic.

Ok, so the MS conference was as good or slightly better than half of the competitor's conferences.

And, I think most of the guff comes from MS announcing 4 sequels...and not just sequels, but the fourth games of each of them...with 3-4 already appearing on the console already. Imagine getting a game and three sequels on the same console. THat'd be like sony announcing killzone 5 for ps3 in 2 years, or LBP 4. I think that's the main reason.

Also, you have to understand that microsoft said that they were aware of fan complaints that they were moving away from the core, and MS responded that they would surprise a lot of people. I think a lot of people went in there expecting something that never was delivered.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
xshade92 said:
If you want to compare consoles it should be a chart made of 2+ years of the games(Actual games not sales....)!

Oh, and by the way, this community makes it really hard to get into the conversation, so much flaming, bitching, and trolling... Just saying

I agree. Unless you want to get in a long ass stupid debate over 1 game, you have to keep comments short....

I can't do that

When you say 2 Plus years, what do you mean? I don't think MS or Sony have announced any 2013 titles.

I meant the previous two years. Sony just released 5+ exclusives this year so far, so it would make sense them not having games announced yet(for 2012 & 2013) 

Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
smroadkill15 said:
Being a Kinect owner and Halo fanboy I enjoyed MS conference more than both Sony and Nintendo. I would completely understand why someone would hate the conference if they are not into halo and/or don't own a Kinect. The only thing MS disappointed me with was there was a lack of games they could have showed off to make there conference even better like...

Witcher 2
Crimson Alliance
Summer of arcade montage
The Gunstringer
Mrs. Splosion man
Rise of Nightmares
BloodForge

It's not that MS has a lack of games, because if you add this list to the previous one that's a damn fine list of games. It's that they didn't show off all the right games at their conference.

They should have cut the tomb raider demo, Cut the Sesame street and Disney demo because all were unneeded. Add all the games I mentioned and peoples judgement would have changed dramatically.

The Witcher 2 was the only game there that caught my eye. What are the other games again? I know for sure Mrs. Splosion man is an arcade game, so really it doesnt count against Sony's exclusives at all.

Just because you ignore upcoming 360 exclusives, doesn't mean they aren't worth getting excited for.

Add Project Draco, MechWarrior and Steel Batallion to that list. Panzer Dragoon is probably Sega's best franchise, and giant mech battles, yes please!

Also Splosion Man is probably the best Arcade game made. I rarely buy arcade games, skipped on LIMBO and Braid, but Splosion Man, damn that's just too good to miss. The only other Arcade game I can think of that is possibly better is Shadow Complex, or Wipeout HD, and then it's a matter of preference.

Correction friend, I ignore kinect titles, not Xbox 360 core exclusives. I ignore move titles as well. Can you blame me for being objective? Bloodforge? Show me a video of it, a pic wont help.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
smroadkill15 said:

Witcher 2
Crimson Alliance
Summer of arcade montage
The Gunstringer
Mrs. Splosion man
Rise of Nightmares
BloodForge

Correction friend, I ignore kinect titles, not Xbox 360 core exclusives. I ignore move titles as well. Can you blame me for being objective? Bloodforge? Show me a video of it, a pic wont help.

So lets just ignore 2/3 of MS games (Sony also) because XBLA/PSN and Kinect/Move title don't count as games for you standards? Who cares what everyone else likes and just focus on what you like? Sorry, but I'm not buying it.          

its bad because i said so.

smroadkill15 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
smroadkill15 said:

Witcher 2
Crimson Alliance
Summer of arcade montage
The Gunstringer
Mrs. Splosion man
Rise of Nightmares
BloodForge

So lets just ignore 2/3 of MS games (Sony also) because XBLA/PSN and Kinect/Move title don't count as games for you standards? Who cares what everyone else likes and just focus on what you like? Sorry, but I'm not buying it.          

We could make a general list and Sony would still have a stronger army of titles from start to finish. Try it if you wish. It has nothing to do with my standards. I've had this argument with Michael before showing him how even adding Move titles to Sony's arsenal could make arguing about the consoles titles even less in anyones favor who argues towards Microsoft. Yes, its preference, but lets be real here, look at the strength of the library as a whole. To be truthful I'd rather keep casual titles out of the argument because those arent the true games which give a console lasting value. When most of us on this site talk about games which will grab gamers attention, AAA exclusives are usually the titles we focus on. I've become accustomed to it, hence why we tend to ignore the casual by default, because on gamer sites like this, you can call 99% of us core gamers. E3 was mainly viewed by core gamers, which is why Microsofts showing was considered the most underwhelming. If it was viewed mostly by the general public who could only give a care about gaming in passing then Microsofts show would be an A+. Secondly, as i've said before in other posts, for Microsoft to assume there is a core market (for Kinect) is quite risky as the kinect has only been around a year and only garnered true value around one franchise (which shows you truthfully where your market is stemming from). Core gamers tend to waver to titles with stable or complex control schemes. Casual titles gather people who dont really game and give them momentary pleasure, whilst the core titles can have lasting effects and change the core gamers impression of system A, B or C via their exclusives. Casual titles are a passing glance if any. It's like going to universal studios. Oh yes....I forgot....you can now go to the Disney theme park with kinect on a rail. If you view AAA titles and casual titles as equal...then as erroneous as I believe that is, it's still your opinion and I cannot change that.