By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Explain to me how PS3 and Wii had better E3 than 360

Nobody one, everything sucked. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

We could make a general list and Sony would still have a stronger army of titles from start to finish. Try it if you wish. It has nothing to do with my standards. I've had this argument with Michael before showing him how even adding Move titles to Sony's arsenal could make arguing about the consoles titles even less in anyones favor who argues towards Microsoft. Yes, its preference, but lets be real here, look at the strength of the library as a whole. To be truthful I'd rather keep casual titles out of the argument because those arent the true games which give a console lasting value. When most of us on this site talk about games which will grab gamers attention, AAA exclusives are usually the titles we focus on. I've become accustomed to it, hence why we tend to ignore the casual by default, because on gamer sites like this, you can call 99% of us core gamers. E3 was mainly viewed by core gamers, which is why Microsofts showing was considered the most underwhelming. If it was viewed mostly by the general public who could only give a care about gaming in passing then Microsofts show would be an A+. Secondly, as i've said before in other posts, for Microsoft to assume there is a core market (for Kinect) is quite risky as the kinect has only been around a year and only garnered true value around one franchise (which shows you truthfully where your market is stemming from). Core gamers tend to waver to titles with stable or complex control schemes. Casual titles gather people who dont really game and give them momentary pleasure, whilst the core titles can have lasting effects and change the core gamers impression of system A, B or C via their exclusives. Casual titles are a passing glance if any. It's like going to universal studios. Oh yes....I forgot....you can now go to the Disney theme park with kinect on a rail. If you view AAA titles and casual titles as equal...then as erroneous as I believe that is, it's still your opinion and I cannot change that.

All I'm stating is that your ignoring a huge part of MS and Sonys Library to fit your own preference, which is pretty ignorant on your behalf. When I do a game comparison I include ALL games, even if it's games I don't like personal like I still include it in an argument because at the end of the day a game is a game whether it's an arcade game, motion control, controller, casual or core. 

thx1139 said:
So what I have seen in this thread is.

That unless MS hadnt canned Kinect at the beginning of the conference MS whole E3 was pre-ordained to suck.

Also even thought I specifically said ignore 3rd party multiplatform titles ( I made a mistake with XCOM ) and specific features unique to a game on a specific platform (Exclusive DLC or other bonus) people still posted that. I could have listed that UBISoft said all games going forward would make use of Kinect, but didnt. I could have said EA gave a number of Kinect titles in development without specifics, but I didnt. I also didnt go into all the great looking exclusive XBLA titles that are coming which match anything coming for the PS3 through PSN.

Finally it doesnt matter to MS at all that Sony showed Vita and Nintendo showed support for 3DS. The fact of the matter is they dont have any effect (or minimal effect) on the console market.

So I still say that the 360 had the better E3 over the PS3 and the Wii. Wii U gets an incomplete.

Sure buddy, sure.

ethomaz said:
xshade92 said:
Michael-5 said:

That still encourages the issue that 360 will have more exclusives in 2012. Yes PS3 had a stronger 2011 overall, but 2010 was about even, and 2009 prior, 360 has more.

Either way in the end, they have about the same. 360 looks to have more in 2012, Sony had more in 2011, 2010 was a tie, and 2009 is MS again. Who cares about a 1 or 2 exclusive game lead, both systems have about the same, and it really boils down to preference. Gears of Uncharted, Halo or Killzone, Forza or GT, and even Alan Wake vs. Heavy Rain, or Splinter Cell vs. GoW.

Yeah I agree with everything you just said mate xP

"gears of uncharted" lol :p

Drake for Gears 3 confirmed!!! .

Drake in Gears 3 would be hilarious. That man in the luckiest SOB around, he doesn't need armour to take down the Locust, just a pistol and a treasure.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I love the "I am unbiased"..

Then blatantly biased stance some people are taking.

Tbf I thought Sesame Street and the Disney demo's sucked ass. I probably said that before, and I'll say it again, I was on a verge of sleeping when watching E3, the Nintendo one bored me to death too and I ended up watching epic rap battles of history on YouTube, poor display this year, poor display indeed, I didn't even bother watching Sony one as I know if it was good there will be no end of the "SONY HATEZ MY WALLET!@!@!@" posts, since their presence is less lacksture than last year I'll assume that the Sony showing wasn't any better this year in regards to new titles hitting the shelves in the near future.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I never said that Kinect  is unappealing to the core. I stated its faulty and risky for Microsoft to assume there is a core market for Kinect. Kinect wasn't created to be the peripheral for everyone, but to gather up the casual market the Wii uncovered in 2006. I left that up to sm decide whether casual titles and AAA titles are one in the same.

Mario is a casual title that has a core following (and well most of its characters for that matter) because of its iconic appeal during its time and has grown over the years. Remember when I said in the past that Nintendo has a special core following? Well its true.

Microsoft had more exclusives than Sony from 2005 to 2009- in 2010-11 the numbers all all changed.

You said "I ignore kinect titles, not Xbox 360 core exclusives." Hence to you, not Kinect title appeals to the core audience. This is simply a matter of personal preference, and you take it too far. Ryse is more of a core game then almost anything shown at E3, it's made by freaken Crytek.

You keep pushing this too by saying "Microsoft has abandoned the core audience." and "Microsofts showing was considered the most underwhelming." Nowhere online do I read that 360 was underwhelming, or poor compared to the PS3 portion of the Sony show or the Wii portion of the Wii show. Compared to Sony and Nintendo's conferences as a whole, yes it got a lower grade, Nintendo and Sony have 4 consoles to talk about!

You push your opinion too much, and you shouldn't ignore casual games. A lot of core gamers look forward to these games too, like me with Dance Central 2. Yes it's designed for the casual gamer, but any real gamer who actually plays games before judging them, will enjoy this game. Especially since it's 2 player now.

The only games you should ignore are bad games, so ignoring those Disney Kinect titles, and maybe Star Wars is fine. Just don't ignore games you're not interested and then start claiming 360 has less games coming out then PS3. Face it, almost everyone in this thread accepts 360 had a better E3 then PS3's portion of Sony's E3. Just accept it and move on. If you're not interested in these games, then don't bother talking about them. Do you ever see me go on about Resistance, or LittleBigPlanet? No I don't like those games, but I do go on about GT5, Forza 4, Halo, Gears and Uncharted.

P.S. in 2010 360 saw 31 exclusives (8 good ones), PS3 saw 15 exclusives (11 good ones). So no 2010 was a tie, only in 2011 did PS3 start to see more exclusives. 1 Year hardly qualifies a trend, especially since 2012 is looking to be better on the 360. Stop acting as if 360 has no core games, most of them just moved to Kinect, it doesn't mean games like Ryse and Fable aren't core anymore because of it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

NotStan said:

Tbf I thought Sesame Street and the Disney demo's sucked ass. I probably said that before, and I'll say it again, I was on a verge of sleeping when watching E3, the Nintendo one bored me to death too and I ended up watching epic rap battles of history on YouTube, poor display this year, poor display indeed, I didn't even bother watching Sony one as I know if it was good there will be no end of the "SONY HATEZ MY WALLET!@!@!@" posts, since their presence is less lacksture than last year I'll assume that the Sony showing wasn't any better this year in regards to new titles hitting the shelves in the near future.

If you didn't watch the Sony press conference, why are you posting in this thread?

Also the issue isn't wheather or not Disneyland and Sesame St. are good or not, it's are Fable and Ryse "core" games? I say yes, and so do most people here. So for any comparission between PS3 and 360, they should be included. It doesn't matter that they are Kinect, they are still mainstream games.

smroadkill15 said:

All I'm stating is that your ignoring a huge part of MS and Sonys Library to fit your own preference, which is pretty ignorant on your behalf. When I do a game comparison I include ALL games, even if it's games I don't like personal like I still include it in an argument because at the end of the day a game is a game whether it's an arcade game, motion control, controller, casual or core. 

Exactly! Just because Ryse and Fable are Kinect games, does that make them less appealing to the core? The point of Ryse is to be able to fight enemies real life, and gouge their eyes out with your hands not a button. Tell me how is that casual.

You can't ignore games just because you're not interested in them. We all know Ryse, Fable and Dance Central appeal to core gamers as well, and will push some systems (at the point in a consoles life, 1 game won't push too many systems).

Michael-5 said:
NotStan said:

If you didn't watch the Sony press conference, why are you posting in this thread?

Also the issue isn't wheather or not Disneyland and Sesame St. are good or not, it's are Fable and Ryse "core" games? I say yes, and so do most people here. So for any comparission between PS3 and 360, they should be included. It doesn't matter that they are Kinect, they are still mainstream games.

Because the OP didn't at the time posting? I see no reason as to why I should watch a conference in which I have least interest in, I am not the one for handhelds, and it was mainly handheld orientated going by the sounds of it.

Only watched Nintendo because a friend wanted to, and I was semi interested in the new console, 'till I found out what it was, the announcement was the most boring thing since the last part(excluding Halo4 announcement) MS conference I watched a day earlier.

I think Ryse can be classed as core, Fable just looks too f'ing casual and just shit in general.

So, result. We got about 3/4 core kinect compatible titles coming out - Ryse, Forza4, Ghost Recon, ME3 and Minecraft if it can be classed as one.

They should make COD kinect compatible, that'd sell millions in itself.

I was a man of "Wait and see if there are more core titles coming out before dismissing the hardware", I find myself in doubt after this E3.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Michael-5 said:
NotStan said:

Because the OP didn't at the time posting? I see no reason as to why I should watch a conference in which I have least interest in, I am not the one for handhelds, and it was mainly handheld orientated going by the sounds of it.

Only watched Nintendo because a friend wanted to, and I was semi interested in the new console, 'till I found out what it was, the announcement was the most boring thing since the last part(excluding Halo4 announcement) MS conference I watched a day earlier.

I think Ryse can be classed as core, Fable just looks too f'ing casual and just shit in general.

So, result. We got about 3/4 core kinect compatible titles coming out - Ryse, Forza4, Ghost Recon, ME3 and Minecraft if it can be classed as one.

They should make COD kinect compatible, that'd sell millions in itself.

I was a man of "Wait and see if there are more core titles coming out before dismissing the hardware", I find myself in doubt after this E3.

I'm not sure what to make of the last sentance. Are you happy with 360's lineup, and do the "core" Kinect games satisfy you or not?

I'm personally meh. Kinect is way too expensive for me, and it's come way too late in the consoles life. I'd rather just borrow my friends, and beat the 2-3 good games for it as rentals. Rather save the $100-$150 for a next gen console.