By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Explain to me how PS3 and Wii had better E3 than 360

I am talking about everything that went on at E3 not just the press conferences.

OK so I was on vacation last week and only paid partial attention to E3. I have watched the MS E3 presentation and seen many of the other 360 announcements made by MS and others post the presentation.  If it wasnt shown, but we know its coming I will not mention it. I wont mention multiplatform (I dont mean what may show up on PC) even if they have console specific features.

For 360 I see the following showcased titles (all week)

Gears 3 - September 2011
Forza 4 - October 2011
Halo CE Anniversary - November 2011
Halo 4 - 2012
Dance Central 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Sports 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Star Wars - Holiday 2011
Kinect Disneyland Adventures - November 2011
Ryse - 2012
Fable: The Journey - 2012
Minecraft - Winter 2011
Rise of Nightmares - Fall 2011
Sesame Street - Fall 2011
XCOM - 2012

New voice enabled Metro UI 360 dashboard with youtube, ufc, live tv, bing enabled integrated content search. New Xbox Live features include cloud storage, beacons.

Many new XBLA titles.

So I contrast that with the stuff I heard about for PS3 and Wii.

Wii
New Zelda - Fall 2011
New Kirby - Fall 2011

PS3
Resistance 3 - Fall 2011
Uncharted 3 - Fall 2011
Twisted Metal - Fall 2011
Starhawk - 2012
Sly Cooper 4 - 2012
PSP God of War titles packaged for PS3
As far as I know nothing new for PSN.

So what did I miss?  

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

Honestly they didn't.

I don't think there really was a winner at this years E3. All of them were just decent and no one had a true mega-ton. In fact MS had aruably the biggest game announcement in Halo 4.

Nintendo showed a controller, a couple pre-rendered vids, and announced ZERO games for their new console, zero tech info on it, and no release date. And they abandoned the Wii with no new announcement and only 1 new game for the 3DS.

Sony only really announced 1 new game which was that Dust game since Sly 4 was announced in the Sly collection. They officially unveiled the Vita but we already knew about the games they showed for it. Again nothing really new.

MS spent a lot of time on Kinect but managed to officially anounce 2 new Halo titles, a new Fable, a slew of Kinect exclusive games as well as show off some multi-plats. In fact of all the conferences MS focused most on actual games and software.

Anyways you have to realize at the end of the day Vgchartz is filled with a lot of heavily biased people so you have to take what they say with a HUGE grain of salt. Everyone did decent but I can't really see how anyone can say Sony or Nintendo's was any better than MS.

PS3, dunno, I'm not a PS3 owner, but the line-up looks amazing.
Wii? Hell NO!
Nintendo, overall had a better conference than Microsoft, for 3DS's amazing line-up and WiiU, but Wii sucked too hard.

The Nintendo and Sony fans seem more satisfied with what was shown during E3 than the Microsoft fans. It's all a matter of opinion, though. I just think it's hard to compete with the announcement of a whole new console, in my opinion.

morenoingrato said:
Wii? Hell NO!
Nintendo, overall had a better conference than Microsoft, for 3DS's amazing line-up and WiiU, but Wii sucked too hard.

But 360 doesnt compete against 3DS or Vita so dont really care. I for one have stopped playing games on handhelds and so have my children.  Really think mobile gaming is moving to smartphones, but that is another topic.  I dont understand the PS3 lineup looks amazing. If it doesn than the 360 lineup looks f@$#ing fantastic.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
The Nintendo and Sony fans seem more satisfied with what was shown during E3 than the Microsoft fans. It's all a matter of opinion, though. I just think it's hard to compete with the announcement of a whole new console, in my opinion.

As someone that is multiplatformer gamer, I was more satisfied with Sony and Nintendo. Microsoft focused way to much on titles I never will care about. So they don't appeal to me this year. 

thx1139 said:
morenoingrato said:
Wii? Hell NO!

But 360 doesnt compete against 3DS or Vita so dont really care. I for one have stopped playing games on handhelds and so have my children.  Really think mobile gaming is moving to smartphones, but that is another topic.  I dont understand the PS3 lineup looks amazing. If it doesn than the 360 lineup looks f@$#ing fantastic.

I know they aren't the same, I was just making a point: you're confused thinking that people say WII had a better conference than XBOX, but Nintendo had a better conference than MS, but Wii had pretty much no games in the show.

Also, really? To people saying Wii DID have a great conference are even more close minded than me.

Acevil said:
d21lewis said:

As someone that is multiplatformer gamer, I was more satisfied with Sony and Nintendo. Microsoft focused way to much on titles I never will care about. So they don't appeal to me this year. 

As a fellow multiplatform gamer that blatantly prefers Xbox 360, even I'll openly admit that Nintendo and Sony had a better showing.  It's all a popularity contest and in the past, E3 losers still ended up doing very well as far as games and sales are concerned.  I gotta say I was hoping for more compelling stuff from Microsoft.

>kinect
>also forgetting about Dust

There is clearly no convincing you otherwise but whatever

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

thx1139 said:

I am talking about everything that went on at E3 not just the press conferences.

OK so I was on vacation last week and only paid partial attention to E3. I have watched the MS E3 presentation and seen many of the other 360 announcements made by MS and others post the presentation.  If it wasnt shown, but we know its coming I will not mention it. I wont mention multiplatform (I dont mean what may show up on PC) even if they have console specific features.

For 360 I see the following showcased titles (all week)

Gears 3 - September 2011
Forza 4 - October 2011
Halo CE Anniversary - November 2011
Halo 4 - 2012
Dance Central 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Sports 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Star Wars - Holiday 2011
Kinect Disneyland Adventures - November 2011
Ryse - 2012
Fable: The Journey - 2012
Minecraft - Winter 2011
Rise of Nightmares - Fall 2011
Sesame Street - Fall 2011
XCOM - 2012

New voice enabled Metro UI 360 dashboard with youtube, ufc, live tv, bing enabled integrated content search. New Xbox Live features include cloud storage, beacons.

Many new XBLA titles.

So I contrast that with the stuff I heard about for PS3 and Wii.

Wii
New Zelda - Fall 2011
New Kirby - Fall 2011

PS3
Resistance 3 - Fall 2011
Uncharted 3 - Fall 2011
Twisted Metal - Fall 2011
Starhawk - 2012
Sly Cooper 4 - 2012
PSP God of War titles packaged for PS3
As far as I know nothing new for PSN.

So what did I miss?  

Quite a lot actually

Team ICO titles remastered for fall 2011.

MGS2-3 remastered for the PS3.

Silent Hill remastered for the PS3.

Move sorcey title.

Ruins for PS3 and Vita.

Dust 514.

PixelJunk sidescroller for PSN.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !