By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Explain to me how PS3 and Wii had better E3 than 360

thx1139 said:

Gears 3 - September 2011
Forza 4 - October 2011
Halo CE Anniversary - November 2011
Halo 4 - 2012
Dance Central 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Sports 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Star Wars - Holiday 2011 Oh dear god, it's like they made Phantom Menace into a game.
Kinect Disneyland Adventures - November 2011 Like Disneyland, but without the magical feeling and with some very generous motion sensing.
Ryse - 2012 It's a game set in ancient Rome with Kinect. It's too early to hate, but it's not early enough to be very skeptical.
Fable: The Journey - 2012 Open world within the confines of a road.
Minecraft - Winter 2011 Why would you play this on a console?
Rise of Nightmares - Fall 2011
Sesame Street - Fall 2011 Why would you do this, Tim Schafer? Why?
XCOM - 2012

The quality of quite a few of those games is an issue, unfortunately.

There was a lot shown for Kinect, and very little of it was good. I would say only Ghost Recon's weapon customisation and maybe the implementation in Mass Effect 3 were good uses of it.

Don't get me wrong, not everything Sony showed was good, but certainly a larger proportion than what Microsoft showed.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

If you want to compare consoles it should be a chart made of 2+ years of the games(Actual games not sales....)!

Oh, and by the way, this community makes it really hard to get into the conversation, so much flaming, bitching, and trolling... Just saying

its because it was all about kinect, kinect is a good add on for 360 as is move for ps3, but to have most concentration on kinect only titles i thought was poor.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

MonstaMack said:
Nintendo had the best presentation imho
Sony had the second best.

Gamewise I have to agree Microsoft has a stronger lineup, though It's a bit too Kinect focused.

nintendo had the best really? if so can you tell me what wii gamers have to look forward to?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

lurkerwithnosoul said:
Gojimaster said:
Are you guys even that excited about Halo 4 after the disappointment that was Halo Reach?

Halo Reach was no disappointment. And, by that logic, no one should be excited for PSV after the disappointment PSP was.

Anyway, i agree with the OP. Xbox 360 had the best games of the 3.

You have hardly touched Halo Reach

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=irkenkats&sg=0

You played less than 5 hours in multiplayer and that is including competetive/invasion/Firefight and Arena..

And you have two achievements for Halo 3 destroy a vehicle and finish the first mission....

You only played the first mission of Halo 3......and didn't do much in Halo Reach either...how can you even compare them and call it a dissapointment or not...

This is really a big gripe I have with the MS community on Vgchartz...  Hyping up Halo 4/Halo HD: Anniversary like it is best game ever....while most of those people hardly play the other games..

This is really sad.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

For 360 I see the following showcased titles (all week)

Gears 3 - September 2011
Forza 4 - October 2011
Halo CE Anniversary - November 2011
Halo 4 - 2012
Ryse - 2012
Minecraft - Winter 2011

That's what remains from your list if you exclude kinect casual crap and multiplatforms that ps3 also gets.

Truly impressive on new IP front ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

What people have wanted from Microsoft since the first xbox released back in 2001 was the most cutting edge hardcore games. What they've shown in recent years going back to the initial announcement of what was then called Natal has been anything but that. They never sh6w any new exclusive (meaning not also on pc) hardcore ips and they keep throwing out games in their tired old franchises like Fable, Gears, and Halo while dedicating most of their conference to now talking about what wonderful games they have on the way for seven year olds Disney eg. Disney Adventures and Sesame Street and things that aren't even related to gaming at all like the ho-hum media content coming to 360. Also a lot of their attempts to integrate Kinect into hardcore games just weren't that impressive. Do we really need to issue voice commands to control Mass Effect? The first two games and Knights of the Old Republic certainly didn't need it.

For their part Sony showed a very impressive new handheld the PSP Vita at a very cost effective price point and that is powerful enough to get it's own versions of contemporary games like Bioshock and Uncharted and surely as with PSP which as gained a reputation as being the most core handheld many more core type games will be making their way to Vita. One of the models as cheap as 3DS. They showed a new display which makes hd 3d gaming much more affordable to gamers that can't afford to purchase $2,000 to $10,000.00 tvs, and they showed new games in series that have really generated a lot of cred over the last few years like the follow up to 2009's Game of the Year Uncharted II, Infamous II, and a new Sly Cooper game following in the wake of last year's successful HD remade Sly Cooper collection while the cred of Microsoft's older franchises has been slipping a bit the past few years.

As for Nintendo, they showed off some impressive games for 3DS and unveiled what will be their next home console (and that's always a big thing at E3) and indicated that it will be receiving much more support from key core third party developers than the Wii has had thus demonstrating that they really want to please the core which should allow Wii U to erase a complaint that many people have lobbied against Nintendo's Wii.

And that's why many people think Sony and Nintendo both had more impressive showings than Microsoft this year. To have a better Conference next year Microsoft should probably announce at least one new exclusive core ip and make new hardcore games the focus of their conference instead of just dedicating a third or less of their show to them as they've done this year and probably either find more impressive ways to implement Kinect into hardcore games or simply just don't try to do that at all.

kinect hater is shit,even JUST ADDING something they still hate it,what the fuck

you don't need it,how about other gamer?DQN

Who cares..E3 2011 was lame, bar halo 4 announcement

As far as announcements went M$ won big time. Everything we saw on from the other 2 we already knew before going in, except for Dust, that move game which i forgot the name for (the one with the skeletons) and some 3DS titles. That said, it was basically only Kinect which core gamers don't want, i am never gonna get a Kinect since its not for me. Halo 4 was the biggest title unveiled.

Also the other 2 companies had new consoles, even though we already knew about them before E3 its still big news, which is why M$ came last, but its more like the biggest loser, since all 3 sucked.