By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Explain to me how PS3 and Wii had better E3 than 360

This thread is ridiculous. You are completely discounting the 3DS and Wii U announcements. So what if Microsoft doesn't have an upcoming console or a handheld, that's their problem. You are basically saying that Nintendo should give its competitors a handicap because they don't have as much to offer. In that alone you've already yielded that Nintendo wins hands down.

You also added non game related announcements for microsoft, but completely ignored Nintendo's and Sony's. Nintendo had the Zelda orchestra touring the world, Sony had the 500 dollar 3D television. Microsofts announcement of Bing???? Really, that tops a world wide zelda concert and and revolutionary 3D television?

All three console makers are given about an hour to work with, if you aren't a fan of Nintendo, then you're clearly not their target audience. Same with Sony. Nintendo did technically make 4 more Wii game announcements at the end of their show, but they just didn't have time to talk about them. Those were all first party I think as well. And theres a crap tonne of third party stuff being released throughout the year as well im sure.

Around the Network

TC you do know Xcom will be on ps3 right? You also left out ICO collection, Dust 514, Infamous 2, Journey (along with every other psn title) everything move, everything vita, wii U, and fyi the majority of the kienct stuff looks horrible/useless

The funniest thing about this is...Microsoft's year has been pretty terrible, and I was really, REALLY hoping that they'd bring the bacon for E3, since they're known for last-second announcements. As an Xbox fan, I am disappoint.

but as a Sony fan, I am enthralled! LOTS of awesome stuff announced, shown, and elaborated on at the Sony conference.

and as a Nintendo fan, I'm...iffy. I LOVED the 3DS lineup and cannot wait to pad my game list on that system, but the Wii U looks like such an interesting idea that I figure will be squandered just like the massive potential of the Wii. I'm cautiously optimistic about the Wii.

So even as one who loves all and wants to see the good in all the presentations, microsoft was remarkably disappointing.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Skyward Sword > > > Halo 4

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:

I second this motion. I used to like Halo, but I've become burned out. Zelda has never burned me out. Nintendo keeps their games interesting.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
theARTIST0017 said:

I second this motion. I used to like Halo, but I've become burned out. Zelda has never burned me out. Nintendo keeps their games interesting.

I am way more fan of Zelda than Halo and even i know how much more irregular this series is than Halo. It's not even comparable, since Halo has usually the same gameplay and has a well-defined story and time-line.

Zelda has too much changes from game to game. How do you relate for example, OoT to WW? Or Twilight Princess to Spirit Tracks? Or Major'as Mask to Four Swords Adventures? All of them are mothership titles.

So, by the standards of some people here, you should expect nothing from Zelda. Since it won't be anything like the previous one (which is true, since the previous one was Spirit Tracks).

The thread is rediculous because we are on vgsony. I mean vgchartz.
Anything against Sony is met in force by 80% of the sites users.

selnor said:
The thread is rediculous because we are on vgsony. I mean vgchart

The consensus all around is that Microsoft lost E3. They marketed it to the core and most sites and people rated it Nintendo> Sony> Microsoft or Sony> Nintendo> Microsoft. It's not just this site. If we're talking about the general audience of people who dont really game and would game casually then Nintendo>Microsoft>Sony. It's that simple.

Michael-5 said:
Ail said:

Microsoft might have 4 AAA games but it's the same 4 franchises they have been relying on for exclusives the whole gen....

Forza, Gears, Halo and Fable...( and every E3 when they announce a new AAA exclusive it's one of those 4...)
They used to have Mass Effect too but now it's multiplat.
It might be nice if they actually came up with new stuff...

The Sony stuff isn't new IP either but at least they are juggling a lot more franchises ( and Twisted Metal and Sly Cooper are having their first iteration this gen...).

100% True, but it's not like Sony doesn't do this either. Sony laregly focus's on 7 brands - GT, Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, LBP, God of War and InFamous. Almost every E3 Sony focus's on these brands, and both for MS and Sony their are exceptions. Still 7 to 4, MS really needed to hold onto Mass Effect as exclusive.

Nintendo too is part of this. Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, Mario Kart/Spinoff, and Smash Bros. They just have a lot more spin off brands like Luigi's Mansion 2, and they have a lot of smaller IP's like Pikmin and Kid Icarus.

To be fair, 3 of those brands were created this gen.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
The thread is rediculous because we are on vgsony. I mean vgchart

The consensus all around is that Microsoft lost E3. They marketed it to the core and most sites and people rated it Nintendo> Sony> Microsoft or Sony> Nintendo> Microsoft. It's not just this site. If we're talking about the general audience of people who dont really game and would game casually then Nintendo>Microsoft>Sony. It's that simple.

I couldn't care.

Goty so far?

Child of Eden. Unbelievable experience. Best motion controlled game ever and immersion like nothing else.

I'll go back to my goty now.