By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Explain to me how PS3 and Wii had better E3 than 360

BanTiger said:
thx1139 said:

I am talking about everything that went on at E3 not just the press conferences.

OK so I was on vacation last week and only paid partial attention to E3. I have watched the MS E3 presentation and seen many of the other 360 announcements made by MS and others post the presentation.  If it wasnt shown, but we know its coming I will not mention it. I wont mention multiplatform (I dont mean what may show up on PC) even if they have console specific features.

For 360 I see the following showcased titles (all week)

Gears 3 - September 2011
Forza 4 - October 2011
Halo CE Anniversary - November 2011
Halo 4 - 2012
Dance Central 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Sports 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Star Wars - Holiday 2011
Kinect Disneyland Adventures - November 2011
Ryse - 2012
Fable: The Journey - 2012
Minecraft - Winter 2011
Rise of Nightmares - Fall 2011
Sesame Street - Fall 2011
XCOM - 2012

New voice enabled Metro UI 360 dashboard with youtube, ufc, live tv, bing enabled integrated content search. New Xbox Live features include cloud storage, beacons.

Many new XBLA titles.

So I contrast that with the stuff I heard about for PS3 and Wii.

Wii
New Zelda - Fall 2011
New Kirby - Fall 2011

PS3
Resistance 3 - Fall 2011
Uncharted 3 - Fall 2011
Twisted Metal - Fall 2011
Starhawk - 2012
Sly Cooper 4 - 2012
PSP God of War titles packaged for PS3
As far as I know nothing new for PSN.

So what did I miss?  

u missed a lot of things..... Sony showed 6 New exclusive ips for 2012 (3 of them are for hardcore gamers -Dust, Star Track, PayDay) + 8 new Psn games comming this year(Go to Gametrailers) most of the hardcore titels that Microsoft showed are comming to PS3

Star Trek isn't exclusive, it's just Move controller enhanced. He also missed a few Wii games, and several 360 titles. It's not just Sony he missed.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
The thread is rediculous because we are on vgsony. I mean vgchart
Anything against Sony is met in force by 80% of the sites users.

The consensus all around is that Microsoft lost E3. They marketed it to the core and most sites and people rated it Nintendo> Sony> Microsoft or Sony> Nintendo> Microsoft. It's not just this site. If we're talking about the general audience of people who dont really game and would game casually then Nintendo>Microsoft>Sony. It's that simple.

Consumers all around said Microsoft had a worse E3 press conference then Sony and Nintendo, but you're bending the truth to make the PS3 look better then it is.

Nowhere online does it say the PS3 and Wii portion of Sony's and Nintendo's Press conferences were better then MS's press conference (remember Sony and Nintendo have 4 consoles to talk about, MS only has the 360). In fact when you watch Bonus Round, or any other major websites, people say the Wii portion of Nintendo's press conference was just an all out dissapointment, and most people say 360 > PS3. Just look at this thread too, you are one of the few people arguing PS3 > 360.

So in conclusion Sony/Nintendo >> Microsoft, but 360>PS3>>>Wii

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Well after playing child of Eden today. I will laugh eveytime someone says core gamers won't like x kinect game.
Child of Eden is my gory so far. Amazing experience.

Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:

The consensus all around is that Microsoft lost E3. They marketed it to the core and most sites and people rated it Nintendo> Sony> Microsoft or Sony> Nintendo> Microsoft. It's not just this site. If we're talking about the general audience of people who dont really game and would game casually then Nintendo>Microsoft>Sony. It's that simple.

Consumers all around said Microsoft had a worse E3 press conference then Sony and Nintendo, but you're bending the truth to make the PS3 look better then it is.

Nowhere online does it say the PS3 and Wii portion of Sony's and Nintendo's Press conferences were better then MS's press conference (remember Sony and Nintendo have 4 consoles to talk about, MS only has the 360). In fact when you watch Bonus Round, or any other major websites, people say the Wii portion of Nintendo's press conference was just an all out dissapointment, and most people say 360 > PS3. Just look at this thread too, you are one of the few people arguing PS3 > 360.

I don't get this....

Let's review the title: Explain to me how PS3 and Wii had better E3 than 360

Now this statement: Nowhere online does it say the PS3 and Wii portion of Sony's and Nintendo's Press conferences were better then MS's press conference

Sooo.... you want people to explain how the PS3 / Wii had a better conference than the 360, then claim no one is actually making a statement indicating that PS3 / Wii had a better conference than the 360.

Who are you trying to refute then?

Who are these people specifically singling out 360, PS3 and Wii performance and claiming that the 360 had worst showing?

mibuokami said:
Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:

I don't get this....

Let's review the title: Explain to me how PS3 and Wii had better E3 than 360

Now this statement: Nowhere online does it say the PS3 and Wii portion of Sony's and Nintendo's Press conferences were better then MS's press conference

Sooo.... you want people to explain how the PS3 / Wii had a better conference than the 360, then claim no one is actually making a statement indicating that PS3 / Wii had a better conference than the 360.

Who are you trying to refute then?

Who are these people specifically singling out 360, PS3 and Wii performance and claiming that the 360 had worst showing?

Lots of PS3 fans on this site, so OP may be in regards to forum comments, but I don't read anywhere, who honestly thought Wii was better then PS3 or 360.

Also I didn't make the thread, so ask thx1139 these questions.

I claim large scale professional websites and the journalists among them never said PS3 had a better press conference then 360.

STAGE watches Bonus Round, so I was just pointing out in Bonus Round itself they said the same thing. 360 debatably had a better press conference then Sony themselves. If you really hate Kinect and Halo, then I can see why someone like STAGE would prefer PS3, but he shouldn't just crop out all the core Kinect titles and limit the 360 core lineup to a couple games this fall and Halo, and then crop out Halo 4 since it's released in fall 2012 (like Starhawk and other PS3 games).

Around the Network
enrageorange said:
Rpruett said:

Halo CE Anniversary - November 2011 (Even more Halo? Allegedly not run on Reach engine, made by people who made TimeShift.  Certainly not necessarily something to go crazy over (Just because the Halo namesake is stamped on it). 

Halo 4 - 2012 (Halo not made by Bungie with essentially no information on it, Reach released not even a year ago..Halo overload much?  Looked tossed into the mix just 'because its Halo and people will eat that up'.  Not playable, not showable, nothing... Just letting you know Halo 4 exists.  )  

While most of your comments I agree with, these just show blatant anger at a series for no reason. 

Halo CE Anniversary = even more halo? buts its ok that nearly every ps3 exclusive worth anything is getting an older or psp game remastered for the ps3. Halo 4 is only coming out a year after the remake? God of War 3 came out 4 months after god of war collections...

Halo 4 is coming out two years after Halo Reach = halo overload much? yet its ok that uncharted 3 is coming out 2 years after uncharted 2. Killzone 3 also came out 2 years after killzone 2. O wait I completly forgot, only ps3 exclusives can have a sequel be made within two years. All others NEED MORE TIME. And please don't mention halo wars. It was a spinoff. Nearly every single huge ip, where it makes sense, has had spinoffs. Its just that sony has had only two truely huge ips, gran turismo and crash bandicoot. Spinoffs only made sense with crash. The only thing that truely was overboard was that microsoft charged $60 for dlc(Halo 3 Odst). 

2007: Halo 3

2008: N/A

2009: Halo Wars, Halo ODST (why should we ignore Halo Wars? It may be a spin off, but so what?)

2010: Halo Reach

2011:Halo CE

2012:Halo 4

Halo Overload? But honestly, who cares? As long as they produce quality content, I am fine with milking. Things like Madden, I am not ok with.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Michael-5 said:

Ryse is not core? I bet you it will be much harder for someone like you or me to pick up and learn the controls. This is just insane, then how is Sly core, but Ryse not? Think about it, M rated game built where you can gouge someones eyes out, or cell-shaded platformer?

I watch all Bonus rounds, what you say is your interpretation. They never say MS has given up on the non-kinect user base, they just say that that userbase is getting a lot smaller now, at least on the 360.

I'm sorry, but your definition of a "core" title removes a lot of core games like Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart, Sly, etc. None of these games have complicated learning curces (with DKCR it's just move and jump).

You're picking and choosing games to include in a debate based off preference. Fable Kinect is as much of a core title as Fable, the only difference between the games is The Journey has no controller. Ryse is also an M rated game, definatly not something built for casual gamers. That would be like calling Killzone a casual game, just insane.

When you use youre definition of core, you basically eliminate Wii's entire lineup except Metroid and Zelda, and that's complete BS. Ryse is as much of a core game as Starhawk, it was built by Crytek, for the core audience. Just because you're not interested, doesn't mean it's not a game "core" gamers can experience on the 360, but not the PS3.

It wont be hard to learn Ryse, hence why its called casual. Secondly you pick and choose games by prefrence. As I said before, I could list the whole Sony lineup for 2011, but you would disregard it because of your preference in waiting for Q4 releases when all the only 360 AAA  titles come out for the year. You chose to disregard that Sony has been giving giving out quality titles year round.

Secondly, my definition of core does NOT remove Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong or Mario Kart, because all of those games have a learning curve, and it seems like you dont remember our old conversation because this the same thing you accused me of before. My definition of core seems to be the media idea as well. Secondly I've told you already that Microsoft and Sony already seem to have similar audience of taste in their core section, who mainly play based on preference of system or have both. The Wii has its own loyal core fanbase, whom are loyal to their first party IP's complex or not. Nintendo stands out, hence why this gen turned out this way and Sony and Microsoft followed suit. Nintendo is the only company who can appeal to everyone with a gimmick. Kinect has none and Microsoft have none and Sony definitely doesn't have Crash (Sony's highest selling casual exclusive) or Spyro anymore whom the casuals remember so well from two gens ago when the Playstation was sucking up third party exclusives. Much like Nintendo said at E3 they are contradiction.

http://www.casualgamesassociation.org/faq.php

Look at the casual games associations concept of what a casual title is.

Ryse is one of the first Kinect games to use finger controls. Individual finger commands, such as gouging someones eyes, will be recognized by Kinect. However there will be many different types of ways to attack and defend in Ryse. A "core" gamer should have much more trouble learning to play this game then Call of Duty. This game is not like Wii Sports, it's a core title.

I'm not ignoring Sony's past lineup, but why would I include Sony's past 2011 games, when all we are talking about is E3 onward? Do you see the thread topic? We are talking about upcoming games, not 2011 overall. If you want to bring in past games and the library in general, make a separate thread.

Ryse and Fable will not have learning curves? So Fable 1-3 are core RPG's, but now that Fable uses Kinect instead of a controller it's no longer core? You realize the gameplay is very similar overall. This is complete bull, you're just looking for reasons to ignore core titles.

Will you just admit, 360 has more comming out then Sony has for PS3? Stop changing the topic, stop whining that 360 isn't satisfying the core.

BTW That link, and you, have two completely different deffinitions for casual games. According to the Casual Games Association

"Developed for the general public and families, casual games are video games that are fun and easy to learn and play.

I really, REALLY doubt Ryse is being developed for the general public or families. Since when ever are M rated games casual? Same goes for Fable, it is a core franchise for 360, using a Kinect controller, versus a conventional controller, makes no difference.

Stop with this now, your own link contradicts you. Ryse and Fable are core, doesn't matter if YOU are interested in them or not. I'm not interested in Sly or Starhawk, but do I exclude them as core titles? Sly Cooper actually fits that definition much better then Ryse since it's an E rated game, developed for a more general audience.

If you really think that Fable Kinect is going to play anything like the Fable series proper then i got some ocean front property to sell you. The man said himself that most of the time will be spent on a horse. I never played a Fable game like that. Casual or not, does not matter, but to say that it will be a Fable game like the others only using Kinect is just ignorance. 

oniyide said:
Michael-5 said:

BTW That link, and you, have two completely different deffinitions for casual games. According to the Casual Games Association

"Developed for the general public and families, casual games are video games that are fun and easy to learn and play.

I really, REALLY doubt Ryse is being developed for the general public or families. Since when ever are M rated games casual? Same goes for Fable, it is a core franchise for 360, using a Kinect controller, versus a conventional controller, makes no difference.

Stop with this now, your own link contradicts you. Ryse and Fable are core, doesn't matter if YOU are interested in them or not. I'm not interested in Sly or Starhawk, but do I exclude them as core titles? Sly Cooper actually fits that definition much better then Ryse since it's an E rated game, developed for a more general audience.

If you really think that Fable Kinect is going to play anything like the Fable series proper then i got some ocean front property to sell you. The man said himself that most of the time will be spent on a horse. I never played a Fable game like that. Casual or not, does not matter, but to say that it will be a Fable game like the others only using Kinect is just ignorance. 

I'm not a fan of Fable, so I'm going to rip on it. The games battle system is basically 3 buttons X - Sword Attack, Y - Gun, B - Magic. A is used to jump, and I believe there is a button for block. There are almost no combos in attacking, and dodging is done by moving the joystick. This is one of the most simple 360 exclusives you could possibly play. Trust me when I say this, you can get almost the same experience with a Kinect controller. It might lack a bit since it won't have a social wheel, but then again Kinect reads speech. It won't be the same, but I wouldn't classify this as a casual game any more then a traditional Fable.

I mean, if they made a Conker's Bad Fur Day 2 Kinect, would you classify that as casual? Not with the adult humor it shares with Fable.

Control-wise, Fable: The Journey probably won't be as good as Fable 1-3, but the experience will not differ drastically. If this were Halo FPS, that would be a different story, but Fable has always been a simple franchise, it works with Kinect.

homer said:

2005: N/A

2006: N/A

2007: Halo 3

2008: N/A

2009: Halo Wars, Halo ODST (why should we ignore Halo Wars? It may be a spin off, but so what?)

2010: Halo Reach

2011:Halo CE

2012:Halo 4

Halo Overload? But honestly, who cares? As long as they produce quality content, I am fine with milking. Things like Madden, I am not ok with.

They are milking the franchise with the announcement of Halo 4,5 and 6. 343 Studios did promise a new Halo every year, and to be fair, most people play Halo like Call of Duty. It's a big franchise, it can be milked.

Also to be more fair. Halo Wars is a very very different game, and Combat Evolved is a $40 remake. The only main Halo games for 360 are Reach, 3, and 4. That makes 3 main Halo games in 7 years on the console, less then 1 game every 2 years. Still it is milked with the Spinoffs, but I'm not complaining. I'd rather have another Halo then a poorly developed small IP, but I do hope MS expands their library next gen.

is it bad that i want kinect for my self? lol