By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Explain to me how PS3 and Wii had better E3 than 360

Micorsoft's presentation was way to bad, waste of time on the floor theymainly showcased their kinect propaganda and unveiled halo 4 and halo hd, but that's kind of it really.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

Yes...Seriously.

Little Big Planet 2 could be the game that makes me buy move, same thing for PSVita, Little Big Planet works extremely well with motion and touch controls.

Dude, I had that game for months, now.  It's a game that's already been released and it's getting an update.  Hell, PAIN got updated with Move support and such.  Super Street Fighter 4 got an update that turned it into SSF4 Arcade Edition.  Released games get updated all the time.......are you stalking me?  It's cool if you are.  I think it's kinda sexy.

d21lewis said:
brendude13 said:

Yes...Seriously.

Little Big Planet 2 could be the game that makes me buy move, same thing for PSVita, Little Big Planet works extremely well with motion and touch controls.

Dude, I had that game for months, now.  It's a game that's already been released and it's getting an update.  Hell, PAIN got updated with Move support and such.  Super Street Fighter 4 got an update that turned it into SSF4 Arcade Edition.  Released games get updated all the time.......are you stalking me?  It's cool if you are.  I think it's kinda sexy.

I haven't bought it yet =). It's still fairly fresh, it isn't over a year old yet, and after this period of time I was still making levels in LBP1. I don't know why the update is now, but it's better later than never, PS Move is a great tool for creating levels. And yes, I'm stalking you baby :P...Or maybe we just always end up in the same thread.

lurkerwithnosoul said:
Lostplanet22 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Gojimaster said:
Are you guys even that excited about Halo 4 after the disappointment that was Halo Reach?

Halo Reach was no disappointment. And, by that logic, no one should be excited for PSV after the disappointment PSP was.

Anyway, i agree with the OP. Xbox 360 had the best games of the 3.

You have hardly touched Halo Reach

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=irkenkats&sg=0

You played less than 5 hours in multiplayer and that is including competetive/invasion/Firefight and Arena..

And you have two achievements for Halo 3 destroy a vehicle and finish the first mission....

You only played the first mission of Halo 3......and didn't do much in Halo Reach either...how can you even compare them and call it a dissapointment or not...

This is really a big gripe I have with the MS community on Vgchartz...  Hyping up Halo 4/Halo HD: Anniversary like it is best game ever....while most of those people hardly play the other games..

This is really sad.

It's seem more that you have a grip against me and don't know squat about the community... Because i think 3 and Reach were both played by most of the users, at least, the most vocal ones. But, i don't know for sure, since some don't even use a gamercard to let me stalk them. :p

Really now. I've completed the game and played online. That you can not deny. If i am not allowed to express my opinion, then i don't know what your standards are.

But see, the game has 91 of metascore, sold more than 8 millions of copies, most of my friends love the game, as so most of the random people with xbox i know from the internet do. So, by all means, to me Halo Reach was not a disappointment.

And the fact i just completed the first mission or so of Halo 3 have nothing to do with this. I don't even remmember the last time i played that game. lol

No gripe  who are you anyway =p.. I just wonder how you can deny that a game is a dissapointment when you hardly touched the ones before..

A lot of Halo fans hate Halo reach and for many it was a dissapointment....

Being a Kinect owner and Halo fanboy I enjoyed MS conference more than both Sony and Nintendo. I would completely understand why someone would hate the conference if they are not into halo and/or don't own a Kinect. The only thing MS disappointed me with was there was a lack of games they could have showed off to make there conference even better like...

Witcher 2
Crimson Alliance
Summer of arcade montage
The Gunstringer
Mrs. Splosion man
Rise of Nightmares
BloodForge

It's not that MS has a lack of games, because if you add this list to the previous one that's a damn fine list of games. It's that they didn't show off all the right games at their conference.

They should have cut the tomb raider demo, Cut the Sesame street and Disney demo because all were unneeded. Add all the games I mentioned and peoples judgement would have changed dramatically.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Lostplanet22 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Gojimaster said:
Are you guys even that excited about Halo 4 after the disappointment that was Halo Reach?

Halo Reach was no disappointment. And, by that logic, no one should be excited for PSV after the disappointment PSP was.

Anyway, i agree with the OP. Xbox 360 had the best games of the 3.

You have hardly touched Halo Reach

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=irkenkats&sg=0

You played less than 5 hours in multiplayer and that is including competetive/invasion/Firefight and Arena..

And you have two achievements for Halo 3 destroy a vehicle and finish the first mission....

You only played the first mission of Halo 3......and didn't do much in Halo Reach either...how can you even compare them and call it a dissapointment or not...

This is really a big gripe I have with the MS community on Vgchartz...  Hyping up Halo 4/Halo HD: Anniversary like it is best game ever....while most of those people hardly play the other games..

This is really sad.

That's some old school pwnage right there.  Wow.

Then here let me pwn him real quick.

Halo Reach was no dissapointment and if anyone would know it would be me.  Here's my stats.

Halo Reach http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=br00tal ben

Halo 3 http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=br00tal ben

Halo ODST http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstatsodst.aspx?player=br00tal ben

Halo Wars http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsPlayer.aspx?id=EEAD2425B0A0066677B0D3E1678EB2DA42D5C3F0F8336853C0292345B6EE7939

smroadkill15 said:
Being a Kinect owner and Halo fanboy I enjoyed MS conference more than both Sony and Nintendo. I would completely understand why someone would hate the conference if they are not into halo and/or don't own a Kinect. The only thing MS disappointed me with was there was a lack of games they could have showed off to make there conference even better like...

Witcher 2
Crimson Alliance
Summer of arcade montage
The Gunstringer
Mrs. Splosion man
Rise of Nightmares
BloodForge

It's not that MS has a lack of games, because if you add this list to the previous one that's a damn fine list of games. It's that they didn't show off all the right games at their conference.

They should have cut the tomb raider demo, Cut the Sesame street and Disney demo because all were unneeded. Add all the games I mentioned and peoples judgement would have changed dramatically.

The Witcher 2 was the only game there that caught my eye. What are the other games again? I know for sure Mrs. Splosion man is an arcade game, so really it doesnt count against Sony's exclusives at all.

A couple points:

Wii certainly didn't have a better E3 than 360. But Nintendo had a better E3 than Microsoft, with their new console unveiling and the strong 3DS showing.

If you don't have a Kinect and aren't interested in one, then there was virtaully NOTHING for you at E3 from Microsoft. Just like last year, there were NO new reveals for the 40 million non Kinect Xbox 360 owners, excepct for a very small teaser of Halo 4, that showed next to nothing about the game. And even the Kinect stuff they showed looked mediocre. That Star Wars game looked like a joke. Sony at least had its Vita stuff to show off, and a few non Move PS3 games. And even some of the Move games didn't look half bad.

Don't get me wrong, everyone sucked this E3. But MS definitly sucked the most.

Vetteman94 said:
Rpruett said:
enrageorange said:
Rpruett said:
thx1139 said:

I am talking about everything that went on at E3 not just the press conferences.

OK so I was on vacation last week and only paid partial attention to E3. I have watched the MS E3 presentation and seen many of the other 360 announcements made by MS and others post the presentation.  If it wasnt shown, but we know its coming I will not mention it. I wont mention multiplatform (I dont mean what may show up on PC) even if they have console specific features.

For 360 I see the following showcased titles (all week)

Gears 3 - September 2011
Forza 4 - October 2011
Halo CE Anniversary - November 2011
Halo 4 - 2012
Dance Central 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Sports 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Star Wars - Holiday 2011
Kinect Disneyland Adventures - November 2011
Ryse - 2012
Fable: The Journey - 2012
Minecraft - Winter 2011
Rise of Nightmares - Fall 2011
Sesame Street - Fall 2011
XCOM - 2012

New voice enabled Metro UI 360 dashboard with youtube, ufc, live tv, bing enabled integrated content search. New Xbox Live features include cloud storage, beacons.

Many new XBLA titles.

So I contrast that with the stuff I heard about for PS3 and Wii.

Wii
New Zelda - Fall 2011
New Kirby - Fall 2011

PS3
Resistance 3 - Fall 2011
Uncharted 3 - Fall 2011
Twisted Metal - Fall 2011
Starhawk - 2012
Sly Cooper 4 - 2012
PSP God of War titles packaged for PS3
As far as I know nothing new for PSN.

So what did I miss?  

Halo CE Anniversary - November 2011 (Even more Halo? Allegedly not run on Reach engine, made by people who made TimeShift.  Certainly not necessarily something to go crazy over (Just because the Halo namesake is stamped on it). 

Halo 4 - 2012 (Halo not made by Bungie with essentially no information on it, Reach released not even a year ago..Halo overload much?  Looked tossed into the mix just 'because its Halo and people will eat that up'.  Not playable, not showable, nothing... Just letting you know Halo 4 exists.  )  

While most of your comments I agree with, these just show blatant anger at a series for no reason. 

Halo CE Anniversary = even more halo? buts its ok that nearly every ps3 exclusive worth anything is getting an older or psp game remastered for the ps3.

Again, these remastered PS2 titles are not a big deal in my eyes.  Especially, when they are not even being remastered by the same team that created the games in the first place (In fact teams that have created fairly mediocre games).  I don't think these older re-releases stand as 'Big announcements'.   And I refuse to grant them that status just because 'HALO' is packaged onto them.    With these two new Halo games we will have officially 6 uses of the IP in just this generation alone.   That is overload by anyones standards except Guitar Hero/Activision.

Halo 4 is coming out two years after Halo Reach = halo overload much? yet its ok that uncharted 3 is coming out 2 years after uncharted 2. Killzone 3 also came out 2 years after killzone 2. O wait I completly forgot, only ps3 exclusives can have a sequel be made within two years.

(5) Halo FPS games this generation, versus 3 for Uncharted, 3 for ResistanceI'm sorry, that's a little too much for me to get overly excited about.  I can also say that I am less excited or hyped for a new Uncharted or Resistance than I was two years ago.

All others NEED MORE TIME. And please don't mention halo wars. It was a spinoff. Nearly every single huge ip, where it makes sense, has had spinoffs. Its just that sony has had only two truely huge ips, gran turismo and crash bandicoot. Spinoffs only made sense with crash. The only thing that truely was overboard was that microsoft charged $60 for dlc(Halo 3 Odst).

Regardless, 6 uses of the Halo IP this generation, 5 being FPS games (I believe that's even more than Mario Platformers).  That's effectively a Halo announcement for E3 every year the 360 has been on the market. I'd like to see you justify how that isn't an overload?  It's not just Halo.  Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, etc are all there too.   I'm sick of those franchises for the same reasons as well.

If Uncharted / Gears / Resistance / Forza release a 4th game this generation I will say the very same things about them as well.  That they have released too many.

Well Uncharted and Resistance are both on their 4th titles this generation.    

Uncharted Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2 Among Theives
Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception
Uncharted Golden Abyss

Resistance Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Resistance Retribution

Not on the PS3.  Considering I don't own any Sony handheld.  And we all know that we would have around 9 Halo games released if MS were to have a handheld similar to PSP.

Kantor said:
thx1139 said:

Gears 3 - September 2011
Forza 4 - October 2011
Halo CE Anniversary - November 2011
Halo 4 - 2012
Dance Central 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Sports 2 - Holiday 2011
Kinect Star Wars - Holiday 2011 Oh dear god, it's like they made Phantom Menace into a game.
Kinect Disneyland Adventures - November 2011 Like Disneyland, but without the magical feeling and with some very generous motion sensing.
Ryse - 2012 It's a game set in ancient Rome with Kinect. It's too early to hate, but it's not early enough to be very skeptical.
Fable: The Journey - 2012 Open world within the confines of a road.
Minecraft - Winter 2011 Why would you play this on a console?
Rise of Nightmares - Fall 2011
Sesame Street - Fall 2011 Why would you do this, Tim Schafer? Why?
XCOM - 2012

The quality of quite a few of those games is an issue, unfortunately.

There was a lot shown for Kinect, and very little of it was good. I would say only Ghost Recon's weapon customisation and maybe the implementation in Mass Effect 3 were good uses of it.

Don't get me wrong, not everything Sony showed was good, but certainly a larger proportion than what Microsoft showed.

Fable: The Journey is not a rail game. It's open world.

Minecraft, with Kinect controls. Only people I know who have played minecraft seem to be ecstatic about this game. Not my cup of tea either, but it's a nice change of pace.

Ryse - Your point? Only thing that sucks is that Cryteks "core" game is not Kinect. Although, still cool, I wish it were only Kinect assisted.

I dunno about what Sony showed. Everything seemed mediocre. People mock Kinect's library, but I'd rather play Ryse and Dance Central then Sly and Starhawk. Everyone has their preferences though, and the only reason I think 360 was better then Sony was because of Halo 4. They both showed a similar amount of good and great games, but Sony didn't announce any new AAA titles. MS announced Halo 4. Not only is it AAA, it's the main 360 exclusive franchise, and also a 10 million seller. To me, this is as big as a new Gran Turismo game for PS3.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results