By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SQUARE ENIX on E3: " The Lack of Japanese titles was almost Humiliating"

brendude13 said:
Carl2291 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

scribblenauts, Little big Planet, Portal, Flower,

Some of them introduced stuff that is mindblowing others will be hardly noticed...

I left the only innovative stuff in there for you. The rest of them realy aren't innovative at all.

Good job :)

The guy doesn't make any sense anyway, what IS his point and why does he have to make things so personal?

He is taking jabs at Metal Gear Solid as if nobody here likes it and it has gone stale...Very wrong.

Someone ask for a list you laugh with it ....Then someone comes with a list, you can't stand it so you scrap a lot of the titles with one of the reasons that they are not interesting....   Then I do the same and call your games not interesting and you freak out...then you start basically quoting everyone who doesn't agree with me because you can't make up some arguments yourself.

And my stabs to MGS don't came from nowhere...  People are finishing MGS4 in +20 hours while the most then finish the game in 5-8 hours with skipping the cutscenes;...how so is my 10 minutes gameplay 30 minutes cutscenes a stretch?

Did I say that nobody heres like it?  But what I know is that many gave it a an +9 but complained about the cutscenes and check it for yourself:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=87407

If you are still not happy please go to a mod and complain thqt I dare to attack you with logic and sense...

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:

Sure I could ask you now a list of Japanese innovative games of this gen and then do the same and left most out and then say 2 or 3 are only innovative.

But let me it do this way..

Why for example is an game like splosion man not innovative? The way how you play it in multiplayer especially..

It's basically a 2D platformer with a double jump function, which comes in the from of 'Sploding. I don't see how it's innovative just because you give your double-jump a new name/animation.

It isn't any kind of innovation that made 'Splosion Man the hit that it is. What made 'Splosion Man a hit was the combined simplicity, humour, price... And the fact that the game was simply fun. The Multiplayer was nothing special. Really. All it added was being able to 'Splode off each other. I suppose it was fun when you could get into a game with people that wasn't a laggy mess.

Now, can you tell me why you think it is innovative?

go exclusive and gain attention and don't take 5 years for a game and listen to ur userbase instead of going out of line to produce games for western world

well SE you know you can stop making FF games and fire your Huge CGI teams and hire games developers to make more games. That would be an start.

Go find some crazy developers and fund mutliple DD games that are different and out of the ordinary. And it wont be long doing something like that until you find some gems that convert into full fledged retail global franchises.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Carl2291 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Sure I could ask you now a list of Japanese innovative games of this gen and then do the same and left most out and then say 2 or 3 are only innovative.

But let me it do this way..

Why for example is an game like splosion man not innovative? The way how you play it in multiplayer especially..

It's basically a 2D platformer with a double jump function, which comes in the from of 'Sploding. I don't see how it's innovative just because you give your double-jump a new name/animation.

It isn't any kind of innovation that made 'Splosion Man the hit that it is. What made 'Splosion Man a hit was the combined simplicity, humour, price... And the fact that the game was simply fun. The Multiplayer was nothing special. Really. All it added was being able to 'Splode off each other. I suppose it was fun when you could get into a game with people that wasn't a laggy mess.

Now, can you tell me why you think it is innovative?

Most people who play it with me say the same at the beginning. 'It just looks like an other 2D platformer' until they found out that sploding of each other is an necessary thing and is quite original and feels like a new dimension/different kind of gameplay they never have seen before in a 2D platformer...  We are having like 20 years of platformers that you could play with 2 players and most developpers gave up in finding an new experience but twisted pixel managed it to do it after all those years, no wonder other devs saw it copied it...Their was simply no game like splosion man before.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Xen said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Xen said:
arcane_chaos said:

how to make this right? announce:
Suikoden VI
Persona 4
Wild Arms 6
another .hack/ series
Grandia IV
Shadow Hearts 4
rogue galaxy 2
KINGDOM HEARTS 3
Resident evil 6(I don't consider RE: racoon city to be 6)
some more "Tales of" games in the west
remaster JP PS2 HD collection games (well for Sony)

well...that's would I like to see =)

Yup, I'd also like to believe that Persona 4 never came out. That game disappointed me more than any other game, EVER.

WHAT?! BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Persona4 was a far superior game to 3 game wise and the characters were also alot better and or memerable. I think I like P3's ending better but that doesn't make up for the game's other hitches. Regardless they are all great games.

No disrespect, but ROFL.

Especially at the "better characters" part. C'mon.

laugh all you want but it is FACT!!!

Persona 3 only allowed you to control the main character which was really silly. You had to manipulate what the other characters were doing via general commands and if the main character was knocked down he was unable to change his Team Mate's AI meaning they will continue doing a redundant action. Also the game's pacing was sort of off. There is this HUGE slow period towards the middle where there is no character or plot progression just mindless grinding. Several characters felt just thrown in there and other character's motivations were just unbelievable.

Persona 4 rectified ALL these things:all main characters could be controlled, also each character is a Social Link bringing out backstory for all of them. They even added in special benefits for battles via "Follow Ups" when you get closer to party. That alone makes P4 the superior game. Yet like I said, they are both really good.

Again, ROFL.

Persona 3 Portable also annihilates any and all advantages of P4 (it uses that almost exact same battle system). P4 is below shit compared to it. Yosuke, Yukiko, Adachi, and Kenji... now THAT is what you call thrown-in.

But perhaps that is just me. After marevlous P3, my expectations were through the roof. And up until the absolute very end, I was like "so when does the AWESOME start?"

Of course the company isn't going to do well, in the presentation of its tittles.

I mean a gaming company that doesn't listen to its fans, and actually goes out of its way to ignore its western fans, how in hells name are they going to be able to present a good set of games for the world to see.

We asked for a FF 7 remake ... no were to be seen.
We asked for FF Versus ... Lol didn't even make it to E3 xD haha that ... really wasn't funny.
I dont remember asking for FF XIII-2 or whatever its called ... guess what its at E3.

I do understand there were a lot of people that liked FF XIII and there is nothing wrong with that, but on the other hand there were a lot a people that actually didn't like it ... so why focus on making a sequel to a game that didn't really get a Universal thumbs up instead of making THE game that people have been saying might be what they are looking for ... FF Versus.
And on top of that FF aren't really sequel driven I mean look at the whole FF X2 thing really ...

And were is the next gen Dragon Quest, they could do something in the art style of ni no kuni or something.

I think Japanese developers will be fine. Square Enix are just struggling right now and they'll really frustrated.

I was disappointed at the lack of Japanese titles too and not just the ones from Square Enix. Now that the Wii is $150, I've been thinking of purchasing my first one. However, I needed a bit more motivation to do so like announcements that The Last Story or Xenosaga were coming to Wii in the US, however no such announcements were forthcoming, so I'm still holding out on making my next console purchase.

I love Final Fantasy and all but honestly i prefer Western games over eastern. RPG's eastern= Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc... vs Western RPG's= Mass Effect 3, Skyrim 5, and Fallout. Tell me which ones you would rather play? Honestly when i look at these games the only reason why Western RPG's edge out eastern is because of Mass Effect. Its going to be a sad day after ME3 because no more will come out. Although i do think they will start making spinoffs and prequals. Kinda like Halo then they announce Mass Effect 4 after 3 or 4 years.